Has anyone noticed this?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

vlasterx #1 Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Has anyone noticed that the quality of game in randoms on EU server is dropping rapidly? I see more and more AFK players, lemming trains (even from players that have good stats), base campers and premium Lowe tanks that guard artillery. Something's terribly wrong here...

nejc #2 Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
been like this since beta.... :Smile_smile:

and it gets worse at the weekend

Ozymandias #3 Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
There's lots of issues mate. For example, allowing a player with like 500 battles that's played at most a tier 5 tank the opportunity to purchase a tier 8 premium is one of those. We're talking about an inexperienced player, with very little experience in driving the specific vehicle type, yet he's put as top dog in a high tier match which he doesn't know how to deal with and due to being the high tier tank, a lot is dependant on his performance. Thus you will ofc see Lowes basecamping and you know, those aren't even the worst, seeing as the Lowe can escuse himself by saying he's playing sniper. The problem is when you see Types and KV-5's basecamping...

As to lemming trains, personal opinion as a totally average player, when I saw one of those forming I used to go to the completely other flank to cover. 9 times out of 10 I ended up dying due to being unsupported. Now when a lemming train forms, I follow behind it. Either the train pushes through, we win and I cause some damage in the process or we simply lose. The alternative is to go and cover the other flank and either die not being able to stem the flood of enemies or, even worse, the team wins but I end up instakilled by being surrounded by 5 tanks and wasting say my daily double or triple. So I'd say this is the reason you see more decent players following lemming trains.

All in all, with the influx of new players that skip (through prem tanks, free exp and the like) directly to higher tiers, it's not weird to have drops in quality. Honestly, I'd have found it weird if the quality improved.

bug #4 Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
more and more players play this game. They also made it much easier to get up low tiers some patches ago, I think the first time people have to really play and learn the game is tier 6 and 7 now. And yes, some even drop that and buy higher tier tanks. They may think better tank compensate for lack of experience... Or like the 3/4 of people who know they are part of the 1/3 most intelligent part of the population, they feel they are too good to play like regular joe to learn the game... lol

Homer_J #5 Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
No worse than it has ever been.

kick_as_killa #6 Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Nothing new really and i can't see it getting any better, there will always be players that have little to no common sense or situation awareness, and without the ranked matchmaking that is so badly desired (and needed) games will be constantly plagued by them.

ollonborre #7 Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I have had teams today that could not find a seal in a fridge, and I have had unicum teams were everyone fought to death and did their best. A normal weekend in other words.

Homer_J #8 Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postollonborre, on 09 March 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

could not find a seal in a fridge,

Trust me, it's not there.  I just looked.

no_name_cro #9 Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
With new MM since it has been updated I can live with it.

Wrednapinda #10 Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
I spot alot players with few battlew driving Lowe, SP or IS6, i mean they got like few battles, white stats in XVM

kensaishogun #11 Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Either i got a lot better and i started seeing mistakes in others, or me and 159k other players just got lobotomized. It's almost too painful too play with xvm. Almost. I do like to hurt myself in so many ways.

Jo_Munja #12 Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Its not only he. Noticed that ppl dont use kits: medic, repair, fire...

Jo_Munja #13 Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Its not only he. Noticed that ppl dont use kits: medic, repair, fire...
First spot is usually missed, same as 2nd on some maps. Ppl dont think about artysafe, they dont think what corner to take and what corner to leave. They never use arty, yet they call arty help. No track on open, infact some of them were keeping my targets in artysafe. Seen some heavy battles this week where mm failed and gave us a spotter. Enemy didnt have spoter. Our spotter mised both spots and rushed to say hello to saint peter. To conclude, u cant learn anything in random these days: everyone most of time go to wrong positions. Bet rarely someone take a look on teamlist and try to find his teamrole. Good blesed platoons and clanmates,  or ill be in some hospital already.

Jo_Munja #14 Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
HTC fail, double post, sry