Jump to content


Best T8 premium tank?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Best T8 premium tank? (186 members have cast votes)

Which is the best tank?

  1. T26E4 Super Pershing (19 votes [10.22%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.22%

  2. T34 (38 votes [20.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 20.43%

  3. Lowe (14 votes [7.53%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 7.53%

  4. 8.8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger (11 votes [5.91%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.91%

  5. FCM 50 t (8 votes [4.30%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.30%

  6. IS-6 (5 votes [2.69%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.69%

  7. KV-5 (7 votes [3.76%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.76%

  8. Type 59 (84 votes [45.16%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 45.16%

Vote Hide poll

paulyyyz #1 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8220 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012
Which T8 premium tank is the best? And WHY?  :Smile_amazed:

Ronineter #2 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 13932 battles
  • 2,376
  • [READ] READ
  • Member since:
    09-07-2010
Type 59, its fun to play and the overall performance is good for a premuim.(and its not that expensive as all others)

Kvasnikov #3 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 34244 battles
  • 115
  • [FIRE] FIRE
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011
Depends on the situation and your gaming style. IS-6 and KV-5 are good brawlers, T34 and Löwe excel in long range combat, Type 59 is medium tank and works well on packs and so on.

Kobas97 #4 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    01-19-2013
And this is the first topic about "which T8 premium tank is the best?"  ????

Why do people need to ask this nooby question almost everyday?

ktistai #5 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31256 battles
  • 268
  • [R1SE] R1SE
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
Please FFS don't buy a premium tier 8 tank if you only have 2k battles, we have enough of your kind.
Thanks.

kukula98 #6 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15039 battles
  • 826
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012
Guess the poll itself is telling u....

tin53 #7 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22667 battles
  • 727
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-03-2011
t34 excels in long range combat? lol, just lol, isn't everyone saying it has the worst long range gun ever?

bravotango #8 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • 1,071
  • [BFUSQ] BFUSQ
  • Member since:
    10-22-2010

View Postktistai, on 10 March 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Please FFS don't buy a premium tier 8 tank if you only have 2k battles, we have enough of your kind.
Thanks.

Normally I would agree, but I realized it doesn't matter how many battles you have. Today I saw a platoon with over 25k matches and same stats as a newbie player with less than 1k battles.

I think the Type59 is the most fun premium. I have T34 and I can tell you, it's very hard to play even for me and I pimped it out with everything, not to mention the crew skills. All in all T34 is not fun.


PS.: Oh and yes, the T34 can't really fight long range, don't know why people keep saying that. The gun is very unreliable at 400+ meter distances. It might have 0,35 accuracy, but the truth is you can easily miss a target from 100m.

Edited by bravotango, 10 March 2013 - 12:46 PM.


m4m5m6 #9 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17382 battles
  • 200
  • [VALI] VALI
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011
for myself the Typ is the best because the best income if you do 4.5k damage and you lose you get easily over 120k Credits Its armor is very good for a med the gun isnt bad and so on

tonltanks12 #10 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15505 battles
  • 191
  • [F-T-D] F-T-D
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012
Why KV-5 and Type are on poll? They are not on gift shop now.

But best currently tier 8 premium.....hmmm.....

SMGJohn #11 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4912 battles
  • 418
  • [XCELL] XCELL
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011
Type 59 but since it's not available I would recommend the Super Pershing, it might be a slow turtle which is why I sold it but it appears to be extremely popular for people who likes to play slow tanks, but if you are like me who can't stand tanks who don't even go past 30Km/h, this tank is not for you also the FCM 50t is apparently a great tanks too but vulnerable to enemy fire, crew and modules can also get easily damaged, and it's huge but plays like a medium

Grolim #12 Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12265 battles
  • 658
  • [-JFF] -JFF
  • Member since:
    01-31-2011
Win ratio: IS-6 is the best premium tank and Super Pershing is best value. If you could consider tier 7 the SU-122-44 would be best. IS-6 and SP will give you almost the same winratio as your average. SU-122-44 will exceed it. Statistics according to http://blog.noobmeter.com/.

RainbowDash34 #13 Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14647 battles
  • 129
  • [FR-O-] FR-O-
  • Member since:
    03-08-2012
Type59 sucks, if you want to penetrate a tank you must shoot it with premium ammo or you'll bounce, Yep that's so funny...  and get ammo racked by the 1rst hit received is so much fun too...

5 players said type59 is good
3 from those really played it
1 from those have more kills than battle...

So...
If you want an armored tank you should take Super pershing or if you want good damage with average penetration T34 or lowe are good (IS-6 never played)

Ectar #14 Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 6118 battles
  • 6,803
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012
A huge part of what makes a tier 8 premium good, is the player and understanding how to use it.

T26E4 Super Pershing -  Brawler, defender, can be a shell sponge with deflections. Gun lack penetration compared to tier 8 mediums but doesn't mean any less effective when aimed correctly.
T34 - Sniper, supporter, awesome gun, pusher only if can go hull down, slow reload, weak lower frontal, moves slow.
Lowe - Sniper, supporter, awesome gun, pusher only if can go hull down,  slow reload, weak lower frontal, moves slow.
8.8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger - Supporter, fast firing gun, pusher only if can go hull down. No turret means needs space to manouver, gun lack penetration compared to tier 8 TD's but doesn't mean any less effective when aimed correctly
FCM 50 t - Flanker, fast, solid gun, not really a tank to take hits, works well running with mediums, a good counter to enemy mediums.
IS-6, - Brawler, pusher, can be a shell sponge with deflections, get in close and their faces
KV-5, - Brawler, pusher, can be a shell sponge with deflections and high HP
Type 59,  - Flanker, rusher, supporter. Not really great a long range. Good tank to have in any situation (which is why it's not for sale anymore, it basically doesn't have a weakness).

Black_Gold_Saw #15 Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

    Goliath Slayer

  • Player
  • 12437 battles
  • 778
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

Posted Image



xedea #16 Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 6940 battles
  • 39
  • [TOGII] TOGII
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

View Postbravotango, on 10 March 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

PS.: Oh and yes, the T34 can't really fight long range, don't know why people keep saying that.

View PostEctar, on 10 March 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

T34 - Sniper, supporter, awesome gun, pusher only if can go hull down, slow reload, weak lower frontal, moves slow.

Maybe that's your answer? :Smile_harp:

Edited by xedea, 10 March 2013 - 01:46 PM.


Black_Gold_Saw #17 Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

    Goliath Slayer

  • Player
  • 12437 battles
  • 778
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View PostRainbowDash34, on 10 March 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Type59 sucks, if you want to penetrate a tank you must shoot it with premium ammo or you'll bounce, Yep that's so funny...  and get ammo racked by the 1rst hit received is so much fun too...

5 players said type59 is good
3 from those really played it
1 from those have more kills than battle...

So...
If you want an armored tank you should take Super pershing or if you want good damage with average penetration T34 or lowe are good (IS-6 never played)

5 players said it were good...
Only 3 players, play with it.
1 has more kills than battles,

where is the other guy?

the fifth wheel they say

RainbowDash34 #18 Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14647 battles
  • 129
  • [FR-O-] FR-O-
  • Member since:
    03-08-2012

View PostBlack_Gold_Saw, on 10 March 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

5 players said it were good...
Only 3 players, play with it.
1 has more kills than battles,

where is the other guy?

the fifth wheel they say

5, in this 5 there is 3 and in this 3 there is 1
...
better like that ?

Black_Gold_Saw #19 Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

    Goliath Slayer

  • Player
  • 12437 battles
  • 778
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View PostRainbowDash34, on 10 March 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

5, in this 5 there is 3 and in this 3 there is 1
...
better like that ?
Yup i made a little mistake reading it.
http://www.betacode....mg/okayFace.gif

Platypusbill #20 Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21194 battles
  • 3,701
  • [WOOF] WOOF
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View PostEctar, on 10 March 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

A huge part of what makes a tier 8 premium good, is the player and understanding how to use it.

T26E4 Super Pershing -  Brawler, defender, can be a shell sponge with deflections. Gun lack penetration compared to tier 8 mediums but doesn't mean any less effective when aimed correctly.
T34 - Sniper, supporter, awesome gun, pusher only if can go hull down, slow reload, weak lower frontal, moves slow.
Lowe - Sniper, supporter, awesome gun, pusher only if can go hull down,  slow reload, weak lower frontal, moves slow.
8.8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger - Supporter, fast firing gun, pusher only if can go hull down. No turret means needs space to manouver, gun lack penetration compared to tier 8 TD's but doesn't mean any less effective when aimed correctly
FCM 50 t - Flanker, fast, solid gun, not really a tank to take hits, works well running with mediums, a good counter to enemy mediums.
IS-6, - Brawler, pusher, can be a shell sponge with deflections, get in close and their faces
KV-5, - Brawler, pusher, can be a shell sponge with deflections and high HP
Type 59,  - Flanker, rusher, supporter. Not really great a long range. Good tank to have in any situation (which is why it's not for sale anymore, it basically doesn't have a weakness).
Also, all tier VIII prems except the Löwe and T34 are limited to battle tier IX- they will never run into tier X tanks or tier VII arty.