What's the Policy on Monetizing Youtube videos that have WoT content?

monetize YouTube videos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Hayton #1 Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42756 battles
Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it.

Are you allowed to monetize videos featuring replays,screenshots etc on Youtube? I'm sure it's all copyrighted , but I wanted an official answer that was clear(if that's not a contradiction). Many thanks for any answers.

Ding760 #2 Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles
EULA. It's in there. Try reading it.

Edit: Neg rep? You guys DO REALIZE the answer actually IS on the EULA. I'm not trying to troll here -.-

Edited by Ding760, 11 March 2013 - 01:08 PM.

Wampirek8 #3 Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12068 battles

View PostHayton, on 11 March 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

Are you allowed to monetize videos featuring replays,screenshots etc on Youtube? I'm sure it's all copyrighted , but I wanted an official answer that was clear(if that's not a contradiction). Many thanks for any answers.
If Itunes has rules that say you can't use Itunes for producing nuke weapons, I'm sure your answer must be written somewhere in the terms and conditions..

Edited by Wampirek8, 11 March 2013 - 06:16 AM.

BigBadVuk #4 Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 3016 battles

View PostHayton, on 11 March 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

Lets take a look at paragraph #1 in EULA ( same thing is said in few other places as well, in ToS for example):

1. Grant of a Limited Use License
If you agree to this License Agreement, you may install the Game Client onto your computer for purposes of playing the Game by registering for and accessing an account (“Service”). Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with this License Agreement, WN hereby grants, and you hereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license to ( a ) install the Game Client on one or more computers owned by you or under your legitimate control, and ( b ) use the Game Client in conjunction with the Service for your non-commercial entertainment purposes only.

As you can see any commercial use is strictly prohibited.

Sgt_Kelly #5 Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30046 battles
I'm guessing the OP wants to feature WoT on some kind of "Let's play..." YouTube channel.

Money is not made directly from the game as such, but from the advertising income on the channel.

There are plenty of WoT based videos on YouTube that are preceded by advertising, so it's being done.

Hayton #6 Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42756 battles
Thanks for most of the answers,it's more or less what I thought,but I just wanted it clarified.

adriaans #7 Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15928 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostBigBadVuk, on 11 March 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Lets take a look at paragraph #1 in EULA ( same thing is said in few other places as well, in ToS for example):

1. Grant of a Limited Use License
If you agree to this License Agreement, you may install the Game Client onto your computer for purposes of playing the Game by registering for and accessing an account (“Service”). Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with this License Agreement, WN hereby grants, and you hereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license to ( a ) install the Game Client on one or more computers owned by you or under your legitimate control, and ( b ) use the Game Client in conjunction with the Service for your non-commercial entertainment purposes only.

As you can see any commercial use is strictly prohibited.

I see MANY channels on youtube having adverts on the WoT videos they make.  Do wargaming give out permissions for it or are they simply doing without permission?
Or can it be argued that advertisments on youtube channels do NOT fall under that rule?

Also tagged with monetize, YouTube, videos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users