QF 2-pdr Mk.IX accuracy nerfed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Urmo345 #1 Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11522 battles
  • [EES4] EES4
it used to be incredible sniping gun, i have it on cruiser mk.II and before patch i did excellent games with it, now it miss often. Ninja nerf?

IF you have this gun you feel difference as well?

Edited by Urmo345, 13 March 2013 - 02:03 AM.

StClement #2 Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16899 battles
Hmmm. I've got one mounted on my Matilda; I'll check later on. I was thinking something similar had happened to the QF 6lb Mk V- I'm struggling to make long range shots with it. The trouble is setting up a reliable test. I might just be going through an unlucky/cocky patch?

Anyone else struggling with either gun? Given how weak the Brit models are in terms of mobility and protection it seems a bit much nerfing their only strength... :Smile_confused:

Dreadmau5 #3 Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12724 battles

View PostStClement, on 13 March 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Hmmm. I've got one mounted on my Matilda; I'll check later on. I was thinking something similar had happened to the QF 6lb Mk V- I'm struggling to make long range shots with it. The trouble is setting up a reliable test. I might just be going through an unlucky/cocky patch?

Anyone else struggling with either gun? Given how weak the Brit models are in terms of mobility and protection it seems a bit much nerfing their only strength... :Smile_confused:
You're saying british tanks are both slow and poorly armored?

Btw, there's no such tank as a Matilda, and there's no such gun on the Matilda II, if that's the tank you're talking about :Smile_confused:.
QF 2-pdr Mk. X
QF 2-pdr Mk. X-B
OQF 3-inch Howitzer Mk. I
No Mk. IX I'm afraid.

P.S. Ok, you were calling the Tier 1-3 british tanks slow and poorly armored, then I get it, but your story about the Matilda/Matilda II with QF 2-pdr Mk. IX still doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Dreadmau5, 14 March 2013 - 08:59 AM.

kirstar #4 Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10252 battles
  • [316] 316
All the low tier brit tanks have had the stealth accuracy nerf.  Same stats but they seem alot less likely to accually hit the centre.   The new TD's are accurate but next patch they will nerf them as well.

StClement #5 Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16899 battles

View PostDreadmau5, on 14 March 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

You're saying british tanks are both slow and poorly armored?

Btw, there's no such tank as a Matilda, and there's no such gun on the Matilda II, if that's the tank you're talking about :Smile_confused:.
QF 2-pdr Mk. X
QF 2-pdr Mk. X-B
OQF 3-inch Howitzer Mk. I
No Mk. IX I'm afraid.

P.S. Ok, you were calling the Tier 1-3 british tanks slow and poorly armored, then I get it, but your story about the Matilda/Matilda II with QF 2-pdr Mk. IX still doesn't make any sense.

Ok Capt. pedantic, I believe the OP was talking about the Gun QF 2-pdr Mk. X-B. I have one fitted to my Medium Tank Matilda. I offered to check if it seems less accurate than my usual experience. My parting shot was a comment on how I perceive British models in this game to be built- typically they feature fast firing, accurate guns on models slower and/or less well armoured than tier equivalents.

Happier, now? Or shall I call nursie for some more hot milk?  :Smile_trollface-3:

Urmo345 #6 Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11522 battles
  • [EES4] EES4

View Postkirstar, on 14 March 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

All the low tier brit tanks have had the stealth accuracy nerf.

I read same thing from other forums as well, so it seems to be truth and explains sudden low accuracy.

Sad. Another ninja nerf...

Players who fight a lot with these tanks are feeling the change instantly.

Edited by Urmo345, 15 March 2013 - 05:00 PM.

kirstar #7 Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10252 battles
  • [316] 316
Well i was getting 6-9 kills a battle with my mediums (tiers 1 & 2) until they beat them with the nerf nuke.  Now I am lucky to get one.

Slow, fragile (no armour worth a damn), with a gun that like to hit hills and trees and corners of buildings rather than a tank in the centre ofits cross hairs.

StClement #8 Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16899 battles
I've just had a couple of really bad games in my Crusader. Both times opposing tanks escaped being damaged by well aimed, middle distance shots. Sadly, one of them was lost because I was the man on the spot- I failed to stop a KV-1 capping in spite of firing multiple shots into his flank. Failing to penetrate/damage is one thing (L2P, noob!  :trollface: go for the weak spots!) Failing to hit when you're on target and three of five shots aimed at exactly the same spot do hit is something else entirely!

I've raised a ticket with support- it'll be interesting to see their reply. I'll let you know how I get on.

StClement #9 Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16899 battles
Support say they made no changes. Has anyone had better results since this thread opened? Ie, was it just a 'blip' in accuracy? Or does it really feel broken?

Kyphe #10 Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles

View PostStClement, on 05 April 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Support say they made no changes. Has anyone had better results since this thread opened? Ie, was it just a 'blip' in accuracy? Or does it really feel broken?

well the mk IX-a used on the tetrarch has not been touched, but ofc that's Russian lol.

I recently played the 2pdr AT gun on the universal carrier and found its accuracy to be shite in comparison

StClement #11 Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16899 battles
:teethhappy: Well it's good to see the game's working as intended!

I'm still winning games with my Matilda and Crusader, Kyphe. I'm not entirely convinced the guns are as good as they were, but both models are still playable and a lot of fun to boot. I owe you for a lot of that- your advice really helped me out mate. I don't remember saying thanks, so I'll do it now! If you're ever up in Glasgow the beers are on me!  :blinky:

Kyphe #12 Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles

View PostStClement, on 09 April 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

:teethhappy: Well it's good to see the game's working as intended!

I'm still winning games with my Matilda and Crusader, Kyphe. I'm not entirely convinced the guns are as good as they were, but both models are still playable and a lot of fun to boot. I owe you for a lot of that- your advice really helped me out mate. I don't remember saying thanks, so I'll do it now! If you're ever up in Glasgow the beers are on me!  :blinky:

I will keep you to that mate, but until then if you see me in your cross hairs when you are driving a crusader just aim a bit to the left lol

StClement #13 Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16899 battles
:teethhappy: Nae bother!

StClement #14 Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16899 battles
Ok- how are you guys finding the middle tier Brit guns now? I've just had a couple of decent games in my Tilly and Crusader- guns seem to be working fine again. Have I just got used to them, or were they buffed a little in the patch, or was support right all along, ie I was just unlucky before?

Akula971 #15 Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18524 battles
From my Cruiser to my Cromwell, shots are all over the place. I can remember why I kept my Crusader, it was because of its high rate of fire and accuracy. I used to be able to aim at a target and just pump them in. Now they are all wide, above, below....well 1 in 4 hits where I'm aiming. Its either a nerf on the guns or some other part of the program that has changed. I notice changes on my PzIIG, the 3 cm used be to quite inaccurate over medium short to medium distances, now better. But if you look at the threads that describe the patent for the game play, the program changes according to how well the player is doing. Most people WR is around 50%, well yes Its designed to achieve that. It is very difficult to really excell at this game, they want you to grind, they want you to aim for bigger "better" guns and tanks, that way you are more than likely to spend some real money. With most other games you buy the program and thats it. You can be really skillful and do well, and enjoy it. But with WOT, its free, but playing with 50% crews, and no perks or skills, and you have to play thousands and thousands of games to get a good crew/tank. I've only been playing a short time, but I can see it won't be a keeper like valves titles, because in my opinion I think its rigged.

StClement #16 Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16899 battles
That's interesting- are you saying the engine or the match maker alters as your win rate increases, Akula? It might explain some of my more recent stats- I've been steadily improving, according to noobmeter (some day I hope to reach 'average!  :trollface: ) but my win rate is plummeting. I can't see how that would be implemented, though? And how does that work with the 60%+ players? Are they really so good they can carry a lame team all by themselves?

Incidentally, I've never considered this game free!  :teethhappy: I'm not a big fan of gold ammo, but I run a premium account, paint the tanks I like, name the ones I really like etc. As long as WG are making money, they'll continue to host and develop the game. It'd be nice if they shared a little love with the Brit line while they were at it- putting a little cash down on our Brit models might just encourage them to think it's worth doing that...cash to bank is more likely to convince them than global stats if you ask me!   :blinky:

Akula971 #17 Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18524 battles
Just read the patent on match making.

Cpt_Blue #18 Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24023 battles
OFC it is not a russian tank or a part of the lend lease program. WG is biased toward keeping the Russian superior. It is very sad to put out a good game but make your home countries tanks superior but solely on the fact that that is where you are from. Wargaming talks about balancing tanks and so when the Super Pershing is too much for them it is decided to nerf the armor which IMO is the best thing going for it. The same has happened to Type 59 many times, it was OP and superior to Russian tanks so it was nerfed.  What is next wargaming ? Why not make Tier 11 tanks only in the Russian line so you can feel superior once again. Stop with your rebalancing unless you intend to fair and equal to all vehicle in game. As you are driving away your player base aka your customers. Cheers.

Timber_Wulf #19 Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26834 battles
Nothing has changed.

kommandr #20 Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4997 battles
The QF 2-pdr Mk. X-B on my Tilly is laser accurate,at distance too. I haven't noticed any inaccuracy.

Edited by kommandr, 16 August 2013 - 10:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users