Gold Ammo Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

sintol #1 Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19854 battles
Hello everyone, I'm not sure that this topic is here, so I apologize in advance. Since gold projectiles did buy with credit, the game went to another level. Now tanks as E100, Mouse .. lost its Advantages. Tanks as they are slow and slow to load, but have great armor to compensate them. Asked skills required to drill one of them. Now everyone has the gold and break without even taking aim. These tanks have become redundant, is not preferred. Gold shells are expensive, yes, but almost everyone in the game has a premium tank and does not care about money.

del501767825 #2 Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22095 battles
E-100 + "GOLD" ammo...

u try?

btw, i have NO true premium tank ( tier 8 moneymaker, smallish i have are gifts or similar.. )  and NO premium ACC ( again, premium only whit gift codes... )... and i am using "gold" only when sure to hit, or win can be decided by that derp shot  :trollface:

Edited by Tomyslav, 18 June 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Mezzou #3 Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24597 battles

View Postsintol, on 20 March 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Hello everyone, I'm not sure that this topic is here, so I apologize in advance. Since gold projectiles did buy with credit, the game went to another level. Now tanks as E100, Mouse .. lost its Advantages. Tanks as they are slow and slow to load, but have great armor to compensate them. Asked skills required to drill one of them. Now everyone has the gold and break without even taking aim. These tanks have become redundant, is not preferred. Gold shells are expensive, yes, but almost everyone in the game has a premium tank and does not care about money.

not aiming with "gold" rounds will lead to bounces like normal ammo does at the same bad angles, firing aprc does not guarantee a hit or penetration. yes everyone can buy it but almost no one isusing it, people complaining about massive of apcr dont even know what they are complaning about. i could upload hour long footage of players calling me and other players on my team gold noobs when they get hit with their tank standing sideways along the road with a perfect 90° angle... this is just another excuse for not having any skill or brain if a player who just died from stupidity calls someone "gold noob"

jebu #4 Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 43460 battles
  • [FS] FS
maus allover 250 armor .... avg Standard penetration of a T10 tank is ~265 (maybe higher) .... where is ur prob with gold ammo, it makes it a bit easier to pen the thing u can pen almost ....

Edited by jebu, 20 March 2013 - 11:26 AM.

Mezzou #5 Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24597 battles

View Postjebu, on 20 March 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

maus allover 250 armor .... avg Standard penetration of a T10 tank is ~265 (maybe higher) .... where is ur prob with gold ammo, it makes it a bit easier to pen the thing u can pen almost ....

also calling a centurion tank gold ammo noob is a no brainer, 269pen with its standard "gold ammo" :D

sintol #6 Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19854 battles
I'm not sure that I understand what I mean, in general, the whole picture, not a single detail.  :smile:  Summary: Heavy tanks are slow, slow load but with good armor. But now not even that because gold ammo.  :coin:   That is, leave the details, which is what the penetration or the angle at which value.

tiggyD #7 Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9262 battles
Can't you buy 'gold' ammo with regular credits though? I try to have about 5 shells for special occasions. Never bought with gold though.

OmaiGodman #8 Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7561 battles
  • [KIWF] KIWF
That's the issue, since you don't need to pay with Gold (and thus, real money) a lot of people use premium rounds now instead of regular ammo. So... having thick armour is less of an advantage now.

basin79 #9 Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
Premium ammo is here to stay.  However angling still helps and you do still have to aim with them otherwise they do still bounce. I would prefer it if they put them back to gold only or banned them from public games. It's not going to happen though. I carry some now in most of my tanks. Yes it does feel somewhat unfair but bugger it. If you can't beat them, join them.

HidesHisFace #10 Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17788 battles
The only matches so far that I found where gold ammo IS the issue are matches around tier V, where derp-guns on tier IV and V vehicles become grossly overpowered, due to insane damage of HEAT shells and 150mm penetration. This allows Tier IV tank to one-shot everything on their tier and many tanks one tier above, and two-shot the rest.

I'm not sure about Tier X games (didn't get this far yet) but isn't that like the most tanks have a bit of an advantage over enemy armor with standard ammo anyway, maybe with exception of few tanks, like american TDs?
What I mean, the small advantage of penetration over armor value isn't a big deal anyway. Smaller tier may not be relevant, but let us take a look at KV-1 vs Sherman's 76mm gun - 75mm thick armor is still viable vs 128mm penetration, even if barely angled. Sure, it will not bounce every time but still presents semi-reliable barrier, despite the fact that the minimal pen of 76mm gun is 96mm, so in theory it should pierce KV-1 hull every single time.

del501767825 #11 Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22095 battles
ok, lets try this.

u have, tier 8, u are in tier 10 battle, u cry about mm, blah blah blah, now u have option to use better ammo, (like even in RL was, normal ammo big quantities. superb ammo, expensive, less amount,) so u can use better ammo to help yourself in tricky situations...

derp guns... welll....

hihihi...  :playing:

i kinda like stug with 105...  :trollface:

Nighthawk83DK #12 Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16833 battles
Hey Fellow tankers.

Well for a beginning I must apologize for my English.. But as far as gold rounds my opinion is.
They should cost a hole lot more pr round than now cause as u say big tanks with big amor is no longer an advantage.
I have a lot of different tiers to play with and I'm getting so tiered of getting hit by gold rounds.  
Now I know that angling your shot will help and if u get hit in the side ur done.  
But I have tried some many times now that even when hit straight in the front where I have the best amor. I still loose half my hitpoint and some times u even loose one or two crue members plus trak engine cannon and when that happens u may just as well press ESC and back to garage cause u cant do anything cant move, cant shot.
Now my tier 10 is the American T110E5 and I have really bad stats on it cause I die a lot to tier 7 and 8 who shoots with gold. When they hit u and u cant move or shot back ur doomed.
First of all they move farster, shot farster, so u cant do anything as soon as they hit u with a pretty good shot and gold.

And now I must say sorry to all... cause I'm one of thoese who HATE the fact of gold ammo..  And as far as arty goes... OMG When the arty starts shooting with gold u only need to get hit one time even by a tier 7.
I gues WOT want people to start leaving the game we lost 5 good players in our clan since the gold rounds got buyable with credits and I can understand why.. I think its sad cause to start with the game was kind of realistic in terms of tank size gun size. But now it's more like a tier 5 (t-50-2) with gold rounds has the advantage..
Now I know this cause I have a T50-2 and tried filling it with gold a lot of credits yes I know but gues what... I took out a E75 and a  AMX50F155 cause I could drive around them farster then they could turn.. now I didn't do any damage with standard rounds so I when for gold and yes I got true and yes I killed them... So I gues it's way out of line...

But year I know they wont change it back and I know they wont set the gold ammo prices up but it would be a good idear before they start loosing other players...

Se ya all on the fields...

Sake78 #13 Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5602 battles
  • [TRJNS] TRJNS
@OP
The game has always been like this.. gold ammo was available since the first day. Now you only have more that can buy it, but make no mistake - it was in the game since the start.

So, instead of the odd tanker that would have some magic ammo, for those not funny situations (like crap Tier 8 and 9 guns vs Tier 10), or meds in +4 tier, you have everybody having SOME, so now you have to actually angle, not march to a med and think you can live to tell the tale.

Edited by Sake78, 05 April 2013 - 10:11 AM.

Kurnubego #14 Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15857 battles

View PostMezmaryse, on 20 March 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

not aiming with "gold" rounds will lead to bounces like normal ammo does at the same bad angles, firing aprc does not guarantee a hit or penetration. yes everyone can buy it but almost no one isusing it, people complaining about massive of apcr dont even know what they are complaning about. i could upload hour long footage of players calling me and other players on my team gold noobs when they get hit with their tank standing sideways along the road with a perfect 90° angle... this is just another excuse for not having any skill or brain if a player who just died from stupidity calls someone "gold noob"

A lot comes from ignorance. People most likely will blame bad team, prem rounds, op tanks, german bias, wallet warriors and etc. because they are losing and not themselves ever. As I mentioned prem rounds are within the category.

Just i.e. I bet you could find a lot of ppl who would think that 170 of pen SP has isn't enough to pen IS-3 or M103 frontaly. And therefor any penetrating hits must be made by a walletwarrior shooting prem rounds all the time.

Edited by Kurnubego, 05 April 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Taranis01 #15 Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20383 battles
  • [FIRM_] FIRM_
gmm,,gold ammo realy now how do you guys determen these shells ass a good thing
in the past (1year ago) all needed skills and make use of there tanks and teammates too destroy heavier opponents and we did it
now even when we load +/-5 shells in ower tanks and come across a heavely armored opponend we can kill it where in the past we had too do some thinking and flanking (we needed brains)
the devs are saying whe keep it as accurate as possible or its intended as it is,,,,now this can't be said about gold ammo (gold/credits) it breaks the game in the end,,

also more and more tanks are now been buffed for pen/damage,,, and armor is second in this game now,so exept you have a heavy tank with spaced armor (OP russion tanks) you in your heavy wil dy horrebly at the hands of even light tanks  :tongue:
the game (devs) only do this for there own money making bussines and thats all its become too a bussines they already have prem accaunts,prem cammo and these pay them aswel but don't break the game in the same way gold ammo do's
in the end no mather what people say (gold ammo users) it is breaking the game if you can kill a tank where in the past you could not do it from that possition thanks du the gold ammo then its a (payed) in game cheat

Tonyb1968 #16 Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27420 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Gold bounces just as much as a standard AP round if you angle the tank, it is not an "iwin" button though most think it is, most use it for that confirmed hit at close range or a finishing shot, it should not be used all the time but it is funny when they bounce off your tank and then you destroy the tank firing it  :teethhappy: (or the fact that the standard round wouldnt have bounced as it was HE)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users