A way to quickly move a Tank Crew between tanks

tank crew premium training

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Ankka #1 Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19673 battles
  • [FIRE] FIRE
Are using a premium tank to train a crew of another tank? Then you'll know moving the crew between tanks can be a little annoying, especially if you play both tanks frequently.

To remove the whole crew at once you can simply right click one crew member and press "send entire crew to barracks". But to add a crew to a tank, you have to do it one crew member at a time. This can be frustrating when you have to do it often, especially with tanks with a large crew (T34 for example).

What is needed is something similar to the "send entire crew to barracks" function. In addition of the barracks, the crew could also be sent to another tank of the same nationality and tank class. Only tanks with one or more crew member missing would be showed.

For example, I have a T34, an American premium heavy, which has a crew of six. I also have a T29, another American heavy, also with a crew of six. I have a crew trained for the T29. This crew can also be used on the T34 without any penalties because it's a premium tank and of the same tank class as the T29. I don't have a crew especially for the T34, so one of the two tanks is without a crew at a given time.

This is what I currently see, when I right click a crew member on my T29:

Posted Image

This is what I'd like to see:

Posted Image

Moving the whole crew from one tank to another would now be a one click operation. If you had only one tank of a certain class and nationality, you would see only what you see in the upper picture. The extra options wouldn't be shown.

Different tanks have different crew setups, so the situation might occur where one tank has a larger crew than the other. For example SU-122-44, a soviet premium tank destroyer, has a crew of four. Another soviet tank destroyer, SU-152, has a crew of five. So the whole crew of the SU-152 won't fit in the SU-122-44. In this case the button would still be "send entire crew to SU-152", but only four crew members would be actually moved, and the extra crew member would be left on the SU-152.

Moving crews is just a small annoyance, but I don't think it would be hard for WG to implement this.

Steffenkbh #2 Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25023 battles
  • [3PDD] 3PDD
This will happen when some BIG company buys WG.
After all, it would increase the user experience for us and that we cannot have.

Psarandis #3 Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
If you right click in a empty crew slot there are 2 options to put the crew automatically. Does not work from tank to tank though.
However i found it by luck, don't remember it in patch notes.
Put own tank
Put best crew

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_101.jpg   15.78K

dodge_the_bullet #4 Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3956 battles
  • [S-B_T] S-B_T
latest XVM test version has this feature ...

Posted Image

Ankka #5 Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19673 battles
  • [FIRE] FIRE

View PostSteffenkbh, on 20 March 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

This will happen when some BIG company buys WG.
After all, it would increase the user experience for us and that we cannot have.

What I'm suggesting just a small fix, but what I'd REALLY like to see is when you retrain your crew for a new tank, they would still also be trained for (all of) the previous tank(s). This is how it works in War Thunder. This way you could still keep playing both tanks with the same crew, instead of selling one of the tanks or starting over with a new crew. A bit silly that the crew just forgets everything about the old tank the second you retrain them. But of course it's pretty obvious why this won't happen.

View PostPsarandis, on 20 March 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

If you right click in a empty crew slot there are 2 options to put the crew automatically. Does not work from tank to tank though.
However i found it by luck, don't remember it in patch notes.
Put own tank
Put best crew

According to dodge_the_bullet, this is a feature of XVM. Also as you said, it doesn't work tank to tank. If the people behind XVM can implement this, I see no reason why WG couldn't.

dddsnn #6 Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19934 battles
  • [ZER0] ZER0
I think it would be even better if there were buttons "set this as default crew" and "load default crew" for every tank.

An example: On my T2 light I use commander and driver from my Cunningham and radio operator from my Chaffee. When they're in the T2 I set them as the default crew and that exact crew setup is saved. After I've taken them off again (to play the Cunningham/Chaffee) I can load the default crew, and it pulls the tankers from whatever tank they're in and puts them into the T2. When they're currently in battle or have been dismissed, an error message is shown.

An extension would be multiple crew slots: You could have two (or more) presets to load different crews into the T34 (e.g. T29, T32, or a mixed crew).

Ankka #7 Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19673 battles
  • [FIRE] FIRE

View Postdddsnn, on 20 March 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

I think it would be even better if there were buttons "set this as default crew" and "load default crew" for every tank.

An example: On my T2 light I use commander and driver from my Cunningham and radio operator from my Chaffee. When they're in the T2 I set them as the default crew and that exact crew setup is saved. After I've taken them off again (to play the Cunningham/Chaffee) I can load the default crew, and it pulls the tankers from whatever tank they're in and puts them into the T2. When they're currently in battle or have been dismissed, an error message is shown.

An extension would be multiple crew slots: You could have two (or more) presets to load different crews into the T34 (e.g. T29, T32, or a mixed crew).

My original idea was to have the possibility to autofill a tanks crew. A tank without a crew would have a "fill entire crew" option, and the game would pick the highest skilled crew member of the right position, nationality and tank class for each role, from those available in the barracks. When filling a premium tank it would also pick crew members from other tanks of the same nationality and tank class. When filling a normal tank it would pick from the barracks and other tanks, but only if the crew members were especially trained for that tank.

Swoopie #8 Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18606 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
This is already been featured for some time in one russian mod. I think it was AutoCrewChanger or something like that. The bad side is that all your menu texts turn into russian. But if it's coming in XVM, it'll probably be in english then.

Ankka #9 Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19673 battles
  • [FIRE] FIRE

View PostSwoopie, on 20 March 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

This is already been featured for some time in one russian mod. I think it was AutoCrewChanger or something like that. The bad side is that all your menu texts turn into russian. But if it's coming in XVM, it'll probably be in english then.

All menu text in russian? No problem, most players on the EU server have no problem reading russian  :trollface: .  And the XVM implementation doesn't move crews from one tank to another, which is exactly the point of my suggestion. WG could easily implement this without the need for any mods.

Edited by Ankka, 20 March 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Swoopie #10 Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18606 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostAnkka, on 20 March 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

All menu text in russian? No problem, most players on the EU server have no problem reading russian  :trollface: .  And the XVM implementation doesn't move crews from one tank to another, which is exactly the point of my suggestion. WG could easily implement this without the need for any mods.
I have studied russian so it's not a problem for me. Russian is pretty easy TBH, only few grammar rules you need to remember (When compared to english for example). The hardest thing to remember is the words :D

Anyway the russian implementation works like this:
You have "home crew for this tank" button. If you for example click on the empty crew member space in your M48 it puts your M48 Patton crew from barracks to the tank (Full crew ofc, assuming the full crew is avaivable, and if the crew is on another tank the mod is sadly not enough wise to take it from there). Another one is "Put the best crew from barracks" meaning that it puts the best crew in the barracks avaivable into the tank (The mod is wise enough to look for the tank type, so you wont have your 400% heavy tank crew in the SP when you would have your 200% M48 crew in barracks, it puts the M48 crew since the crew fits right in).

So all you need to do with this mod, is click on one tank "Send all crew members to barracks", select another tank and press whatever option suits you best.

My god how horrible my english is today :F My java programming has to have something to do with this, my brains needs some rest...

Edited by Swoopie, 20 March 2013 - 07:35 PM.

Ankka #11 Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19673 battles
  • [FIRE] FIRE
Yes but the question is, should I need a mod to do this or should WG implement it. It is a very simple and basic fix, which would improve the user experience.

Edited by Ankka, 20 March 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Swoopie #12 Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18606 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostAnkka, on 20 March 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Yes but the question is, should I need a mod to do this or should WG implement it. It is a very simple and basic fix, which would improve the user experience.
I recall reading about it that something like it is coming but ETA? Soon™.
But for now we need to either use russian mods, or click millions of times to switch crews. Neither way isn't really practical for us. But hey on the bright side: We're getting even more tanks instead of some other fixes...

Edited by Swoopie, 20 March 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Steffenkbh #13 Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25023 battles
  • [3PDD] 3PDD
- single-click crew transfer from tank to tank (premium to regular and back for example) is planned.

Thanks to SS for bringing this to my ear.