Wargaming license agreement for youtube partners?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Ipwnzyou #1 Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
Youtube states that we cannot monetise a video of a videogame unless the publisher allows users to use all material for commercial use (as stated in license agreements).

What are the license agreements from Wargaming? Anybody know?

Ipwnzyou #2 Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
http://worldoftanks....erms_of_service

I can't make any sense out of all that legal mumbo jumbo. Someone wanna trawl through that and find the licensing agreement section for me please?  :great:

0x90 #3 Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19743 battles
I'm no legal expert but as far I understood the ToS (III. Intellectual Property - A. General - 2nd paragraph) clarifies your question:

WN hereby grants to each Website game subscriber or member that is in good standing (i.e. a subscriber or member (1) who is current in his or her payment of all applicable fees for their use of the games and services on the Website to which he or she subscribes and (2) who complies with the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy of WN and is not otherwise in breach of this Agreement) , such grant to be automatically revoked as of the moment that the subscriber's account is no longer in good standing, a limited, personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-assignable and fully revocable license to use (a) the relevant WN game name, and (b) trademarks and copyrighted material from the applicable game, including non-player character (NPC) names and images, deity and monster names and images, geographical names, item names and images, character names and images, background art, and screenshots containing any of the foregoing (collectively, the "WN Game Property"), solely to be used for material (for example, so-called "fan fiction" and "fan artwork") that the Game Subscriber posts to and/or transmits through WN Communication Features ("Game Licensed Content") in accordance with this Agreement -- and for no other use. Each Game Subscriber undertakes to WN that any Game Licensed Content that he or she provides shall comply in all respects with this Agreement.

However, I guess they are not interested from disallowing you to post content somewhere else (YouTube). Maybe you should search for more information on this topic or contact the Support.

RegularLogic #4 Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 38519 battles

member that is in good standing
well that's me stuffed then

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users