T21 - What a fun tank

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Syllom #61 Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39023 battles
  • [1PKS] 1PKS
Trust me when you will get t71 will get even more frequent module dmg,especially the engine,its the main drawback to mention about it comparing the other lights i played.And no offense but sick and tired with people like you with no decent experience with lights and whining like mad.The tank is more than decent,just play more or quit playing LT's.

Edited by Syllom, 09 September 2013 - 01:32 PM.

5igns #62 Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20776 battles
First of: I'm halfway through the T71 by now, and that one is a much much better light Tank than the t21, by the time your reach t7 you can at least reduce module damage with crew skills.
And yes the only LT's I've played a lot were the French, which were also great and fun to play, that however does not mean I am not entitled to an opinion that is not yours, Ok?

Furthermore: I would gladly not play scouts like the t21, however I can hardly avoid them simply because each tree has a few of them and I for one am not willing to spend the money needed to convert 60k "free xp".
So unless light tanks get their own tech tree (which by the way would probably be a good solution to avoid suicide scouts) you'll have to live with people being annoyed with certain LT's just as they have to put up with playing them, just as with any other kind of tank, people have to play tanks they don't like to get to the ones they enjoy, that is the nature of the game like it or not.

And lastly whether or not you think its a good tank: I was merely expressing my opinion about a Tank in a single post which is hardly "whining" and theres really no need to insult people because of that (and no, saying "no offense intended" doesn't make it any less of an insult).

NiemandXL #63 Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles
This tank is garbage. It feels less agile than a T-54! The gun is completely useless and I found myself struggling to pen the sides of an IS-8 at the best possible angle even while using gold ammo! Which, for the meager damage it does, is horrendously overpriced! It's also rather big for a scout and the armor is so worthless that you can't even ram other scouts like you can for example with that tier 5 Leopard!

The Vk has the derp and can ram other scouts, the 59-16 has the better guns (crap as well but better still) and a low profile, and the French AMX the advantage of an autoloader.

The T-21 has nothing going for it, the view range is ok, but that's it.

Syllom #64 Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39023 battles
  • [1PKS] 1PKS

View Post5igns, on 12 September 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

First of: I'm halfway through the T71 by now, and that one is a much much better light Tank than the t21, by the time your reach t7 you can at least reduce module damage with crew skills.
And yes the only LT's I've played a lot were the French, which were also great and fun to play, that however does not mean I am not entitled to an opinion that is not yours, Ok?

Furthermore: I would gladly not play scouts like the t21, however I can hardly avoid them simply because each tree has a few of them and I for one am not willing to spend the money needed to convert 60k "free xp".
So unless light tanks get their own tech tree (which by the way would probably be a good solution to avoid suicide scouts) you'll have to live with people being annoyed with certain LT's just as they have to put up with playing them, just as with any other kind of tank, people have to play tanks they don't like to get to the ones they enjoy, that is the nature of the game like it or not.

And lastly whether or not you think its a good tank: I was merely expressing my opinion about a Tank in a single post which is hardly "whining" and theres really no need to insult people because of that (and no, saying "no offense intended" doesn't make it any less of an insult).

I don't want to start a fight,but read the topic title and then read your first reply.Any connection in between?don't think so.
Try and read my reply again;

View PostSyllom, on 09 September 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

The tank is more than decent,just play more or quit playing LT's.
Does that tell you that i said that is a good scout?Don't think so,again.

4runner #65 Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7360 battles
I loved the M7 tank from the start, MM was very good for this tank and with the Six pounder it was a brilliant tank.
When I unlocked the T21 I expected more of the same, could not have been any further from it.
were the M7 was very good the T21 was horrible. MM is almost only tier 8-10 games were the T21 is the WORST scout I have tried, when Tier 6 was top dogs it was no better since it's a bad tier6 tank aswell, and since tier 4-6 turn their turrets much faster than high tiers, made it only worse.
Every other scout has a drawback for a good bonus, the T21 is just a pile of drawbacks, all guns are useless, mobilty is normal ( nobody has problems hitting you in the open were as the AMX scout can be a real problem because of it's speed, The Mt25 is also insanely fast and manoverable and has given me troubles in my heavy tanks, I have never seen a T21 causing troubles to the enemy like the other scouts can.

Best bet is to buy full camo, binocs and optics, sit in a bush somewere, ALT-TAB and watch something on youtube, rinse repeat until you can unlock the T71

Dadford #66 Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11614 battles
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-
If it wasn't in the wrong battles and bottom every single time I may get to like it, but as I can't risk being spotted and not even worth getting a shot off, I'm not a fan.

CrazyWelshy #67 Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13079 battles
  • [M_G_C] M_G_C

View PostDadford, on 18 September 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

If it wasn't in the wrong battles and bottom every single time I may get to like it, but as I can't risk being spotted and not even worth getting a shot off, I'm not a fan.
You don't get light tanks.

Dadford #68 Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11614 battles
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-

View PostCrazyWelshy, on 18 September 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

You don't get light tanks.

probably not, but why is it pitched in at the bottom every time, in battles against E75 and alike? Random should have it higher in the list.

Dadford #69 Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11614 battles
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-
3 battles last night, one of I was actually not the bottom vehicle!!! In that battle I got one kill, other hits too. Was able to take a few shots from the ones I didn't spot without blowing up first hit.

caferaca #70 Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20103 battles

View PostDadford, on 20 September 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

3 battles last night, one of I was actually not the bottom vehicle!!! In that battle I got one kill, other hits too. Was able to take a few shots from the ones I didn't spot without blowing up first hit.

You WANT to be bottom in a game surely? You light up those big tanks and get XP for your team killing them.. I just got an Orlik's medal in my T21.. pretty much won the game for my team - http://wotreplays.co...uf-caferaca-t21

Nothing wrong with the T21 IMO

yarsun #71 Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24325 battles
Hi,
i'm one of the guys that struggle with this tank.

passive scouting - possible if not high tier game, tried in t10 games and failed miserably
active scouting - better option for me, had better results, but usually die because tank size
flanking and harrasing - had best results so far - wait till big guys are engaded, then snipe sides

it is very dependant on map. Hate town maps with it and generally i hate high tier games .... t21 ... go scout!!!!  Yah, go die ..

I'm not good at it, i think this tank need to adjust gameplay according to the
- tier it gets in
- map it gets

so sometimes passive scout possible, sometimes active, sometimes snipe, sometimes flank...

And i'm not simply good enough to choose the right option all the time - i dont drive light tanks too much, so dont know all the 'right spots' etc... resulting in some miserable failures for me.

So far, i cant make it perform properly.

Radovan_91 #72 Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33567 battles
  • [2SH] 2SH
In order to enjoy m7 and t21 you have to open your mind,think different.I loved them both,in the end I kept the t21,and Ill rebuy m7 at some point.They are just different and for me thats fun.If every tank in game was agile,armored and well armed,what would be the point?Play them both as passive spotters up to a point and than as guerrilla fighters and assassins,it works rather well for me.It really is fun when you kill some tier 9-10 dude with this little bugger,I guess that for them,its like getting pecked to death by a pigeon :trollface:

VeryRisky #73 Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 18574 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
And there is always Malinkova
http://www.vbaddict.net/battleimage/veryrisky/malinovka-usa-t21-1696397498099151.png

Dadford #74 Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11614 battles
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-
Still going in it, still finding myself killed by things I can't see, still spotting tanks like I am told to do, but no one on my team takes much notice. A few occasions I'm told not to scout so far out and I'm learning.

Still got the M7, enjoy it more than the T21 as it's in battles it can defend itself.

Tall_Toot #75 Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24781 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
Just to get back to the OP's original point - do you have fun in the T-21 - I've had a couple of games that have been fantastic. Good spotting damage when supported, pretty good harassing damage to the sides/ weakspots, view range is acceptable (if you can find a spot to use it), manouverabilty isn't too bad (once you're moving, but this could be said of a lot of tanks). But - and it's a pretty big but - that's out of over a hundred matches where several factors lead to a pointless quick oneshotting, or being the last tank alive running like a girl;
  • Maps too small - 'nuff said.
  • Overcomplicated terrain (particular so with some of the newer maps) covered in narrow choke points and limited routing few open areas to use speed to advantage, rocks hidden under trees, etc. I appreciate you need to learn the maps particularly well as a scout, but if you are constantly getting slowed up by manuovering through tree stumps, barricades, rocks, bloody great hills, etc. in well known areas you ARE going to get shot.
  • Little or no arty to spot for - cheers WG.
  • Players expect you to suicide for them so they can get their quota of damage from their campsite, and harass the hell out of you if you don't. There, I've said it - and it's obvious that many of them obviously have little or no idea about scouting anyway given the abuse. You are expected to be miles ahead of them - and to hell with the situation/ terrain. They have no intention of following you up once you've taken ground and strategic points, and many seem to have the attitude of 'why look, I've stayed here long enough for the reds to be down to their last dregs, I need to move now or I can't get my damage in' rather than any tactical/ strategic undertstanding. If this sounds like I'm expecting too much - we are talking about high tiers where this should be second nature by now. Yeah?
  • Tankers not watching the scout and taking his lead if nobody has let him know where he's needed. I'm sorry, it should be this way around. The scout's positioning should be telling the support where they are needed, not the scout suddenly having to lose any advantage by quickly getting to a good spot only to have to relocate because nothing has his back is incredibly frustrating - especially when lighting up targets that nobody can see/ hit. Oh, and three or four people making the minimap flash like a 1970's Doctor Who set isn't helpful to making the decision where to go either......
Sorry about that, rant over. But as a final word on the T-21; hope the T-71 is better, at least the MM/ playerbase can't get any worse and I'll have a bigger gun :glasses:

samphilconlor #76 Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14631 battles
  • [-UTC-] -UTC-
Lol if you don't like the T21 you are not going to be overly happy with the T71 either.

It is an improvement don't get me wrong and I'm the worlds worst scout guaranteed, but if this is what I have to do to get to the T54E1 and T57 so be it. Actually whoever designed this tree is an idiot the T21 and T71 should clearly come off the Chaffee but that would have meant inventing some more tanks to join the M7 to the T69 so this is what we end up with. I mean what kind of tree goes light/medium/light again?!?! Scout tanks should have their own light tree and that way people like me can avoid it like the plague and choose something with the big boom stick instead.

I know they can be played extremely effectively and aren't bad tanks purely just don't suit my play style. Frankly I'd rather gnaw my own leg off than be forced to do the T21 grind again.

Charlie_the_Unicorn #77 Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5961 battles
T21 has been OK-ish at best, and just barely adequate for most matches. I'm still learning the ways of the light, and still don't consider myself an exceptional scout. Anyways, at the end I was really fed up with it, although the very last match (when I got enough xp for the T71) was just great. Even got three kills in that game, something I never managed before with this thing sitting at the bottom of the list vs. a crapload of tier X heavies. But I'm glad it is now gone from my garage.

I just took the T71 for a spin and that, now that is something else. Even stock it feels like a vicious little pest. And that autoloader. Me likey.

voodoospirit #78 Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30703 battles
with the T21, 59-16 and MT-25, i do short recon scout ( i stay in the shooting range of my team) and not deep without back up , like i would have done with the T-50/T-50² or the ELC.
with the amx 13s and T71 i do the same but they can go a bit deeper as they have some firepower to defend or calm down some tanks.

in the tier6 scouts, the T21 is in the upper side...

the ones who are crying about the t21, i have to tell u that the chaffee is a tier5 (well a false tier5 but well, fewer hps), don t go fast, taller than the T21,less camo factor and end up in the same MM as the T21...

Dadford #79 Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11614 battles
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-
I have been doing the passive scouting roll, sometimes taking a track out on the enemy when possible. Sunday, someone in my team said I was an idiot for not flying ahead to take out SPG, what do you do? :-/

One thing I can say, I would never volunteer to be in this vehicle in real life (I know it never made production)!

Scuka #80 Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20370 battles
I like this tank very much. In tier 7 matches it can definetely fight. It's not bad in tier 8 matches either, as long as you flank the enemy.
To me, T21 is like Cromwell, only smaller and more agile with better cammo on the move. Good gun depression and tiny turret allow it to pull out some shots many tanks wouldn't be able to while at the same time avoid getting hit.

A replay to prove it:
http://wotreplays.co...gorsk-scuka-t21 (excuse the poor play against that TD in the end, adrenaline rush)
note that I didn't use any premium shells until the last enemy.

In tier 9 and 10 matches it's just like any other scout tank - depends on the map and situation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users