British TD's worth it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

assasain123 #1 Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2636 battles

Well I was so happy to see some BRITISH TD's but when I got the Valentine AT i found that they wernt so good so should i carry on with them or not? :amazed:

smudo1 #2 Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19569 battles
  • [PWNY] PWNY
I'd say YES - I'm at AT 7 with all modules now, and they are definitely worth it! Well, at least if you don't have a problem with slow tanks with fast and accurate shooting guns :-)

Penetration- and damagevalues could be better, but that's made up by the immense rate of fire. Also you'll have a lot of bounces starting at AT 2 - you'll have more than 200 mm frontal armor, and even from the sides and back enemy tanks quite often have problems to penetrate on the earlier tiers.

exbuzzz #3 Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13713 battles
It depends if you like the playstyle. I have the brit T10 TD, and while the T10 TD is lacking abit atm, the rest of the brit TD line I enjoyed alot.

The brit TD line is slow, decently armoured with 1 huge weakspot (commanders hatch) on each AT model. Their guns are fast firing, accurate with decent penetration. Get used to hiding your commanders hatch weakspot, and tracking enemies to keep them in the fight so that you fast firing gun can do it's dps and you will enjoy them. They are very slow though, all max out at around 20kph, so it's not the best TD line if being slow bothers you, the french TDs are fast as hell.

The T9 tortoise is the last of the AT line, the T10 TD is nothing like the rest of the line at all. It's gun has huge alpha, very long reload, and the worst accuracy/aimtime/damage per minute of any other T10 TD. It also has virtually no armour at all, but it is pretty nimble, when compared to other brit TDs at least. It's considered probably the worse T10 TD atm, along with the german one, but by the time you've grinded that high depending on how fast you are, it could have been balanced, or maybe not, who knows.

All in all I found the brit TD line very solid, you just gotta find out if the playstyle suits you.

Sharpasaspoon #4 Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8604 battles
  • [ARRSE] ARRSE
I'm up to AT-2 and I love the bounce.  The gun is meh but you can just sit there and take the hits.  You will never (maybe) getting any invader badges but after the aweful Alecto it makes me smile and hey that's what a good game is about yea?

ApocalypseSquad #5 Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27189 battles
The low tiers are pretty weak, but it starts to improve a lot when you hit the AT series.

I'm up to the AT7 at the moment, and that thing is a beast....

Ishamel1 #6 Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12946 battles
This is the light tanks section dude...

Valentine AT is probably in the top half of tier 3 tds, with derp you are pretty much guaranteed to get multiple kills every match (7 is my best).  It can even handle itself in tier 5 matches, i held a cap solo (last man) against 5 tier 5s and only lost as the last 2 kv-1 had too much hp (both i hurt bad) and were working together in platoon.  And i am a totally average player.

Alecto is basically the same as valentine but really fast.  Get tier 4 match and you can dominate.  At tier 5 the line changes totally and you get assault tanks (basically turretless heavies).  At 2 i consider the best tank i have used (only doing randoms).  A good enemy will know your weakspots but otherwise you kick ass.  The later tds are similar but the armour advantage is reduced while the guns get better.  AT 8 is decent, AT 7 is very good, AT 15 is a bit underpowered, tortoise is great.

Ragoutrabbit #7 Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10891 battles
British TD's are one trick ponies and only work against idiots half decent players rip them to pieces.

biffen #8 Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4658 battles
  • [HOT] HOT
I loved Alecto, 24 games, 62 kills. AT2 was ok, AT8 is unfortunatly riddled with weakspots, if you can't cover your right side it's all over.

Timber_Wulf #9 Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26834 battles
At tier 2 it is a TD with a high damage though not greatly accurate gun, low armour.

At Tier 3 it is a TD with okayish armour and a choice of excellent derp or rapid fire gun.

At tier 4 it's an ELC AMX but smaller with either a big derp gun or a rapid fire derp gun

At tier 5 - 9. They are not TD's.  They are heavily armoured tanks without turrets.

At Tier 10 they are basically a massively powerful KV1S/KV2 heavy tank with a rear mounted turret.

In my honest opinion, they are excellent, but from tier 5-9 there are better tank destroyers in the traditional sense. But like I said they are not TD's only in name.

Akula971 #10 Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18524 battles
Alecto is my Favourite, very very low profile, get a cammo net, all crew with cammo. Yesterday I took out half the enemy team sitting on our cap on pearl river, they just could see me. Like any vehicle in this game, you develop a style for each.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users