Project tank, a World of Tanks rip-off!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

RobertSalqvist #1 Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5376 battles
  • [SVJR] SVJR
So i was just browsing flash game web pages and i noticed that a new tank game had came out: Project tank.
Just look at this trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cUFdsNx9p-g
and if ripping-off WoT wasn't enough they had ripped-off red alert 3 music and made it worse.
This is what it says on the info page:
After several years of developing by online game leader Changyou, this unprecedented 3D webgame is finally coming near to its release date. This game combines the thrilling simulation of heavy-armor tank battles with meticulously recreated historical maps. And even with this amazing level of visual effects, the game requires no downloading and runs directly on your browser.
Project Tank equips gamers with more than 400 tanks of 6 types that are affiliated with over 10 countries, including the USA, the Soviet Union, the UK, Germany, France, etc. Players can choose from over 200 WWII battlefield maps, which allow players to experience historical battles such as the Invasion of Normandy, and the Battle of Stalingrad.
With realistic scenes depicting true-to-life battles, a plot developed from genuine action-packed war stories, and historically accurate tank designs, this webgame offers gamers the riveting opportunity to relive the real and intense battles of WWII. This innovative gaming project distinguishes itself by stimulating strategic player coordination in warlike scenarios.
Project Tank brings players to the frontline to truly experience war with its amazing 3D engineering and graphics manipulation. There are over 10 fighting modes to bring players with varied gaming experiences. Gamers will also form alliances and teams to interact and cooperate with others. In team, the specialization is vital. Different duties of attacking, making strategies and defending will be divided for the win.

Edited by RobertSalqvist, 28 March 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Konsition #2 Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 12899 battles
  • [RB_TV] RB_TV
Well, you could've used Search-Function, there already exist a couple of posts about this

RegularLogic #3 Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 38367 battles
http://forum.worldof...age__st__20#top

Cpt_Blue #4 Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24023 battles
I just played it. It is huge rip off. A flash clone of world of tanks it plays like. It does not seem to have the hit boxes the same as I did damage no matter where I hit the enemy tanks at. It plays on my laptop so I might keep it around for mobile tanking but that is it.

Edited by Cpt_Blue, 28 March 2013 - 03:56 PM.

jagdcommander #5 Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39623 battles
... the sincerest form of flattery!

If they can make a better version of WoT, then good luck and market forces will prevail, but I suspect 3 years head start is way too much to catch up with the finer tweaks which as players we would only notice if they were missing.

aGentleTanker #6 Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Lieutenant –°olonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
wow! It doesn't look that bad for a browser game! It even has weather effects!

Arkhell #7 Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
punctuation could of helped with not letting my eyes bleed you know.... :sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users