Nerf the T71

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

Cepheid1 #101 Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22419 battles

View Postchaosddd, on 17 July 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

I think you got it wrong. I doubt most T71 drivers use exclusively premium shells, especially after 8.6. No way I will load my tank with shells costing 5600 credits per 150 dmg, even though I can do it if I want. I feels...wrong :)

OK I admit I have been exaggarating with ~80% being hit by HEAT from T71s. Still, the US-Tree (T71/T69/...) uses much more premium ammo than others. I simply think that HEAT/Autoloader combination is something that should not be in this game. At least not with this values.

And yes you are right, sure the ammo costs of HEAT is very high but as said before one battle in a T8 Premium is enough to finance it..

I have rather radical opinions concerning armor, ammo type and shell penetration - most will not agree with. If I'd be in charge WoT would be alot more different...

Edited by Cepheid1, 17 July 2013 - 11:17 PM.

dabews #102 Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5410 battles

View PostCepheid1, on 17 July 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

And yes you are right, sure the ammo costs of HEAT is very high but as said before one battle in a T8 Premium is enough to finance it..

Really? 1 drum on a T71 would cost 33600 credits on premium ammo. If you go through say 3-4 drums which in my opinion is less than what I actually go through then that would be 100800 - 134400 credits per game.

You would need to have a seriously good game in a t8 premium to be able to get that much. Im not saying its not possible but not likely that you can get that kind of credit earner every game. I dont think many people would be willing to play 2-3 games on a premium just to burn it all on premium ammo on a light tank!

I love my T71 and although I have premium ammo on it I never use it. With a tank as mobile as the T71 you should always be able to find somewhere when you can shoot at sides/rear.

Arkhelus #103 Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11883 battles
God, a lot of nonsense in this thread. First of all, T71 is not really OP, because of its nonexistant armour which kinda balances its so called super powers. It also gets a lot in tier 10 battles where you really must use tactics, otherwise you're doomed from the very beginning. Why do people have to raise WG awareness on a tank which is not - yet - nerfed like almost every other one before it? There are basically 2 kinds of tanks in WoT: the ones driven by good players and the other ones driven by noobs. In my early days in WoT I used to think of specific tanks which I've met on the battlefield that they're OP, that is, until I drove them myself, when they suddenly became a piece of garbage. Was it the tank? No, it was me, not knowing how to get  the best out of it.

I admit it's one of the better lights out there, but by no means OP.
And by the way: I never use gold ammo in my T71, if you need gold ammo to get some decent results with this little bugger, you're doing it wrong.

riv8 #104 Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10349 battles
  • [TURY] TURY
Yes by all means nerf it. Cut its speed to ~30km/h make pen 140 and slam it to t10 game.

As scouting without 6th sense in t10 game, manouvering so you won't be oneshotted in 1st minute of the game wasn't hard enough...

GordonRamsay #105 Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13938 battles
  • [LMCZ] LMCZ
T71 = great gun (best of all scouts) but:
- worst HP
- worst armor
- worst max speed and overall mobility
so..  it cant kill any other scout 1 vs 1..
finale - t71 is good as enemies are dumb.   Im average player and I can do great game in T71.. if I choose dumb player as my target..
otherwise im dead in 10 second

Edited by GordonRamsay, 26 July 2013 - 11:32 PM.

del506172400 #106 Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7559 battles

View PostGordonRamsay, on 26 July 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

T71 = great gun (best of all scouts) but:
- worst HP
- worst armor
- worst max speed and overall mobility
so..  it cant kill any other scout 1 vs 1..
finale - t71 is good as enemies are dumb.   Im average player and I can do great game in T71.. if I choose dumb player as my target..
otherwise im dead in 10 second

Be more cautious. When angry I play like shit because I try to play it like an ELC AMX or even the t21 but it's a much slower accelerating tank so going to one place unloading and running away is not always an option. Scout first then later in the game ambush occupied opponents and you will have great results.

7049 #107 Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 155 battles

View Postpurplehayes, on 29 March 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Yeah I feel the difference, you are correct, french lights are even worse.

Well it is true, the 13 75 and 13 90 have been nerfed into oblivion. The 13 90 only get in tier 10 battle. The 13 90 has less penetration, speed, cammo and agility then the T69.

purplehayes #108 Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35568 battles
As if this topic is still open its so old. please mods close it people who want to talk about t71 in detail should have their conversation elsewhere in a more appropriate thread.

Degalian #109 Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47412 battles

View Postpurplehayes, on 30 March 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

A20 is not much smaller and not very nimble either, but it gets no such nonsense firepower that let it frontally pen and easily kill all tanks of the same tier, before they can kill it. I think that should be how light tanks just are. and i didnt even say scout i said light tank.

Also if KV-1S is so awesomely powerful, lets do a little thought experiment to test that.

KV-1S vs T71.

T71 is the victor!
I don't even have to do the maths to prove this because you know it is true but with a little working out and the knowledge that KV-1S has just 810 hps and a MAXIMUM damage of 581 with HE, you can see that the T71 easily wins the fight and doesn't even have to dodge even if the kv1s gets the highest possible damage. also doesn't matter a jot where t71 shoots. Well excuse me but I think that is a pile of poo. anyway I have unlocked and bought it so I will see how this pile of poo actually plays but i am expecting my win rate to skyrocket with killrate rising to something like 10.00 before i recieve invitations from all the leading clans and am contracted to play as their captain in a televised world of tanks tournament. yes i think the problem really is that bad

Bajeez this thread is so full of crap .....

Obviously you never bounced a KV1s in a KV1s right (175 pen)? The t71 only has to miss one shot and it's dead against a tank one tier below. And no, circling is not autowin, the tank is damn inaccurate.
Also the t71 isn't balanced for fighting tier 7 tanks, it has to put up with TIER 9 and TIER 10 Tanks!!! 8 out of 10 matches are that tier at least and if it gets lucky and fights against tier 8 and below it better be able to do a lot of damage. 175 Pen against tier 7 or 8 still isn't great, any half competent HT can still bounce you every now and then and that means death. Any tier 8 HT can pretty much bounce you every time.
Also you have to work really hard for your kills, usually you can't do anything half the game, because you can't get closer to more than 1 enemy (2 means sure death, even tier 6). The tank sucks at sniping (subpar accuracy and pen for that), so you have to get in close. Many maps don't support light tank playstyle very well. If you meet pretty much any tank tier 7 or 8 head on in an alley you are dead, they can just hide after their shot and reload, where you still have to get to them. So the 900 dmg per clip is extremely situational and absolutely NOT THE NORM. So quit QQing, the tank is not OP, if anything the 13/75 is UP.

Remember

- the tank has to put up with tier 9 and tier 10 tanks in most cases and is designed for that
- max damage in one clip is highly situational, you don't get that very often and have to work very hard for that kind of ambush
- many maps really do not favor the light tank (open maps better, small with little space to maneuver worse), your tier 7 heavy can work in all of them
- play the tank yourself before you QQ, I bet 90% of you guys will come back whining that the T71 is UP and you can't do shit to the rear of an E100

DrFrankenDerpen #110 Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16090 battles

View PostDegalian, on 21 August 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Bajeez this thread is so full of crap .....

Obviously you never bounced a KV1s in a KV1s right (175 pen)? The t71 only has to miss one shot and it's dead against a tank one tier below. And no, circling is not autowin, the tank is damn inaccurate.
Also the t71 isn't balanced for fighting tier 7 tanks, it has to put up with TIER 9 and TIER 10 Tanks!!! 8 out of 10 matches are that tier at least and if it gets lucky and fights against tier 8 and below it better be able to do a lot of damage. 175 Pen against tier 7 or 8 still isn't great, any half competent HT can still bounce you every now and then and that means death. Any tier 8 HT can pretty much bounce you every time.
Also you have to work really hard for your kills, usually you can't do anything half the game, because you can't get closer to more than 1 enemy (2 means sure death, even tier 6). The tank sucks at sniping (subpar accuracy and pen for that), so you have to get in close. Many maps don't support light tank playstyle very well. If you meet pretty much any tank tier 7 or 8 head on in an alley you are dead, they can just hide after their shot and reload, where you still have to get to them. So the 900 dmg per clip is extremely situational and absolutely NOT THE NORM. So quit QQing, the tank is not OP, if anything the 13/75 is UP.

Remember

- the tank has to put up with tier 9 and tier 10 tanks in most cases and is designed for that
- max damage in one clip is highly situational, you don't get that very often and have to work very hard for that kind of ambush
- many maps really do not favor the light tank (open maps better, small with little space to maneuver worse), your tier 7 heavy can work in all of them
- play the tank yourself before you QQ, I bet 90% of you guys will come back whining that the T71 is UP and you can't do shit to the rear of an E100

that's a good point. the few times i'm not in a t10 battle i end up doing +2k - +2.5k dmg in the round. just driving around, scouting and then finding good moments to put some flank and ass shots into the enemy team.

but in t10 battles, i mostly end up just driving around, scouting and trying to not get shot at by the bat-chats.. and then i look for a breach in enemy's lines and for an alone TD driver or t9 heavy (shooting him in the rear and flank does the job well done, i end up reloading the 19sec just driving arround)...

this tank may look OP in lower tier battles (most of the guys yesterday should have started grinding the tank after they saw me driving), but since most of the times he gets put in t10...well it's realy UP especialy in the accuracy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users