ModPack XVM DLC ICON Sound Statistics Hangar Tweaks SixthSense Crosshair

• Please log in to reply
7701 replies to this topic

Grumpelumpf #7701 Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 42724 battles

View PostKauring, on 29 April 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

im sorry to say that this rehax stuff anti-virus programs does not like it and flagg it as virus so i wont be using this, if this would be fixed it would be great.

View Postnagje, on 01 May 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

pity  OMC stopped. I loved you could choose from so many different mods. Relhax is getting a lot of virus and windows warnings.

Any other mod packs that allow you to select from a lot of different mods?

View Post__Z7__, on 04 May 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Full of virus and malwares....don't use this if you want to keep ur computer safe...!

The Relhax modPack is SAFE ! The your scanner messages correctly.

The OMC ModPack started 3 years ago with the same Virus Messages at the beginning -> normal message behavior from the Anti-Virus-Industrie ...

But for comparison to ASLAIN and the other ModPacks (based on INNO-Setup with custom code):
RelHax is a complete Open-Source program and EVERYONE can check the code.

From this point of view:
ASLAIN ModPack (INNO-Setup based) is UNSAFE
RelHax ModPack Manager is SAFE

Grumpelumpf

Edited by Grumpelumpf, 18 June 2017 - 02:07 PM.

PrivateTrooper #7702 Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 880 battles

View PostGrumpelumpf, on 18 June 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

The Relhax modPack is SAFE ! The your scanner messages correctly.

The OMC ModPack started 3 years ago with the same Virus Messages at the beginning -> normal message behavior from the Anti-Virus-Industrie ...

But for comparison to ASLAIN and the other ModPacks (based on INNO-Setup with custom code):
RelHax is a complete Open-Source program and EVERYONE can check the code.

From this point of view:
ASLAIN ModPack (INNO-Setup based) is UNSAFE
RelHax ModPack Manager is SAFE

Grumpelumpf

That is not right at all Grumpel....

Inno-Setup-Installer is able to DLL hijacking, BUT only if the original Author/Programmer WANTS TO hijack your PC.

I know Aslain for a very long time and also his work and files into the Installer.

Just for Info:

I am the ex-Supertester and ex-wargaming-modder "SchrottiGER". So some of you will know, that I have had a very deep look in every file after an update (Crash-Patch) of Wargaming.net, when Aslains-Team udate all single Mods.

Aslain have absolutly no interests to hack any of your Computer or other Datas. He enjoy it that you use his Mod-Pack-Composition and want that you have a lot of fun into the Game.

The early problem of anti-virus warnings come from the .ico file of the Aslain-Logo-Icon, or the Game .ico. So we try to comment out "SetupIconFile" line. In all cases the problem with antivirus with the problem of warnings about a malicious Program/file was solved with that in the early 2013 till today. 

Truth:  InnoSetup is vulnerable to being tricked into loading malicious UXTheme.dll (at least) inserted in the same directory as the installer is. But Aslain have buy the full and advanced premium Version, where the Security Datas was included, against this and other Hacks and attacks - to save his work, and your computers. (he pay it by his own wallet or Donations ^^)

I dont know and so I dont trust realhax....

Also I do not know the program of realhax and it does not interest me anymore. I hope for the users that his name is not synonymous for his program.

But ... I trust Grumpelhumpf, and if he declare its a clean installer, it will be (maybe) the truth.

But this is no reason to call "Aslains Mod-Pack" as a virus sling... - thats not fair and a lie.

cheers

Edited by PrivateTrooper, 24 June 2017 - 02:20 PM.

Also tagged with ModPack, XVM, DLC, ICON, Sound, Statistics, Hangar, Tweaks, SixthSense, Crosshair

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users