German War Files series

tiger panther stug hummel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

delict #1 Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10402 battles
I bring you glorious world war 2 documentary series with unparalleled footage of german armor.
No politics allowed. RIP to ALL fallen and killed in this horrible conflict.
I am not original youtube poster so credit goes mainly to him.

There are more parts of this document I did not post because its not very relevant
to the subject of tanks, mobile artillery or TDs but they are nevertheless very interesting (armoured vehicles, Fallschirmjägers, aviation and others).

enjoy!

PZ I, II

PZ III

STUG III/IV

PZ IV

PZ V

PZ VI

Mobile Artillery

Panzer

I d also like to direct your attention to this site:
http://www.panzernet...ernet/start.php
Although all the information is in Czech language you can still find loads of great photos of every piece of ww2 german armor (tanks,spgs,tds,flakpanzers,armored vehicles,halftrucks,untility,panzerwerfer) in the gallery section.

Edited by delict, 03 April 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Listy #2 Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12095 battles
DING!

I saw the Stug one many years ago and it was bloody good, but then it got deleted from Youtube. So thanks.

sawthumbz #3 Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13521 battles
very good series,but probably only of interset to amateur military historians,ive been studying ww2 for 20ish years,and ive never seen such unique footage of german afv,s,of particular intrest,the colour footage of pz4 undergoing field maintenance,and of a bergpanther towing a jagdpanther, excellent choice

Edited by sawthumbz, 04 April 2013 - 08:28 PM.

Dazzerjeep #4 Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17360 battles
  • [L10NS] L10NS
It's a very good series and well worth a look

CaptianNemo #5 Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4140 battles
Its always been an exceptional series. Its one of the few series that I have seen on military vehicles that is not over-the-top. But instead remains informative and engaging. There is no real added fluff with CGI or anything else. Its a raw in-your-face type. There is not slappy music or recreations like you would get off Wings of the Luftwaffe, or Wings of the Red Star, and that is probably the biggest reason why I like it. Its just honest and straight up with no real attempt to hide or over embellish the subject matter. The closest thing I can compare it to is the BBC's massive documentary, The World at War (1973–74). I know there are bits and pieces from newer documentary's, that, on there own are better, but for a series of episodes its hard to compare.

I think I am going to watch it all over again.

NEMO.

You might try this if you want even more.
https://sites.google...anwarfiles/home

Edited by CaptianNemo, 18 June 2013 - 03:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users