Wargaming League Kicks Off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The World of Tanks Pro League games are starting on the 1st of April and will  take place twice a week until the finals at Dreamhack! Watch the twelve best teams in Europe fight on ESL live stream!

Full news text

Lorheem #2 Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30474 battles
  • [SRSLY] SRSLY
A competitive game that relies heavily on RNG? Funny.
People actually interested in following a competition under such conditions? Hilarious.

NikLemos #3 Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 52672 battles
:) Dota more RND. :)

drDominik #4 Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12009 battles
Pls give me direct link for the video!

Viperlein #5 Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18631 battles
  • [GSPB] GSPB

View PostNikLemos, on 31 March 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

:) Dota more RND. :)

No. Except for a few passives that can crit, stun, etc. there is not much of a RNG in Dota.

In WoT it´s possible to win against a much better player simply because he gets a few 0% hits or bad penetrations throws at you. WoT has RNG in pretty much every aspect of the game. Try that in DOTA. Good players will outlane you so hard that even your kids kid will still be in shock. Even Blizzard had to admit they can´t enter e-sports with arenas as long as RNG is a dominant factor. Which is why they tried to remove it as best as they could. (Also RNG is no fun because it frustrates most of the players)

Edited by Viperlein, 31 March 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Sake78 #6 Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5602 battles
  • [TRJNS] TRJNS
I like to think of two games, when I relate anything to eSports and profi play: Counter Strike and Starcraft.

Now, if you make a scenario, in which you have to do the same thing 100 times, you will have the same result for all the 100 tries.

25% is really excessive in an environment where precision is paramount.

Also, lack of customization of rules "console" like leaves no room for "custom" tournaments - perhaps more fair.

CosMoe #7 Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23476 battles
I'm interested in what will happen when a tournament with a high money prize is won by an obviously inferior team due to luck only (especially due to "super-criticals" like getting ammo racked or catching fire, etc.).

Even worse is that in the single high-tier tournament battles where the reloading time is extremely high and relatively few shots are fired, the luck is not "averaged" out (as it is in Poker tournaments with hundreds of hands or after hundreds of random battles in WoT).

I guess Wargaming will have to learn the "hard" way that RNG must be removed in e-sports as there is simply not a single argument for it.

Muppe_SPALE #8 Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 34676 battles
  • [SPALE] SPALE
Good players know where to aim not to make 0 criticals. And one ammorack hit wont bring "noob team" victory because there are no "noob teams" in WPL and these battles are best of five.

Lorheem #9 Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30474 battles
  • [SRSLY] SRSLY
Yes I'm certain that good players shots always land where they were aimed. No RNG for good players.
To bad that the rest of us have to play this lottery where fully aimed shots at random intervals land on the moon instead or not penetrate,
get eaten by random crew/module or even get erased out of existence by a saving throw.
And if server decides that I have had enough bad karma for one day and my next shot ammo-racks the other guy out of existence.

Now introduce RNG in a league where all teams have professional and skilled members.
What would happen if football had RNG built in to see where the ball would go? And how hard it would hit? And how many points it would score?

E-sports(kind of akin to real sports surprisingly) is supposed to be about skill not random rolls by a server.
I do not see WoT as e-sport, and this league does not interest me.

Muppe_SPALE #10 Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 34676 battles
  • [SPALE] SPALE
Well yea there is little impact of RNG in these battles but I'v never seen a BO5 match won because of good damage rolls. I remember only one time our vehicle got ammoracked (from full hp) and we even won that match. :) Tactics, map knowledge and personal skills are the things that matter in WoT eSports. But ofc I wouldn't mind if WG removed RNG.

Lorheem #11 Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30474 battles
  • [SRSLY] SRSLY
I wonder how many would mind if RNG was lowered or even( :amazed: ) removed?
Who(other than people who work for WG) plays this game and thinks that RNG this high is what makes the game fun?

In highly competitive environment with prize on the line any doubt in the outcome is enough to spawn a s**tstorm. If people care at all.
Larger doubt equals bigger storm/more people not caring. I personally do not care(and have tanks to grind  :great: ).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users