T54 Armour Effectiveness Test

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

ZiggyDeath #101 Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPinesgkpang, on 29 December 2010 - 11:18 PM, said:

Tested it, IS3 BL-9 gun can penetrate the frontal armour of T54 No Matter where you aim!!! (you name it, center front, bottom front any part of Front it can penetrate)
So I'm guessing any of you BL-9 users who bounce frontal T54 armour is just bad aim.

Could also be because they were shooting the front plate at an angle. The difference between the T-54 and the other two T9 mediums is the fact that neither of her competitors can effectively bounce shells without being shot at at obscene angles. Since her overall mobility is also the highest of the pack, it allows her to easily shift her armor facing (angle the tank on approach instead of directly driving at the target) while aggressively closing the distance. On the other hand because her gun is significantly more accurate than the Pershing, albeit inferior to the Panther, she can play as a makeshift sniper as well.

TempSGK #102 Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
Hmph angle testing, I've tested it on quite different angles, all penetrate, though I will have to test more to confirm.

One of the key features off the T54 front like the T44 is that its easy to angle the tank to bounce shots, but I bet if I angle the tank to bounce shots, the enemy will shoot my side, that won't happen alot when I'm zigzagging though.

Next test I'm gonna try taking screenshots to back my claim.

Edit: Truth is Alot of guns cannot penetrate T54s armour, its like  how a lot of guns can't penetrate the US heavy tank T32 Frontal armour.        I've tested the T29 198mm  gun on the T54 front armour, I can't penetrate it far away, however close range 50m I can penetrate the armour.  Still the fact remains that the IS3 BL9 gun can always penetrate the armour of the T54.

herrlabe #103 Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:03 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Every thing I've seen it has 99mm of sloped armor on the front which comes out to close to 200mm effective armor with the current stats of 120mm for front hull armor it comes at at 240mm effective armor way more then what it should have and making it impenetrable from the front from almost every gun in game add to that someone that angles it more as they face off on u and u can add even more too it.

meNtalhead #104 Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
So after grinding like a madman for the best modules on Panther 2 I can say it's worth it! The difference between stock and elite Panther 2 is like getting from Golf to Ferrari! It steers way faster than Panther (I have enhanced torsion bar, don't know if it affects steering) and has a VERY strong gun (also, it has the best HP per ton ratio, so it accelerates fastest of all tier 9 tanks)! But still, T-54 outclasses it, mainly because it has almost the same health as Panther 2 plus greater maneuverability, super bouncy turret and 120 mm front armor compared to Panther 2's 100mm armor, plus it's hull is VERY hard to hit even when it's not moving... If they would buff the front armor of Panther 2 to 120 mm and rear armor to 60 plus side armor to 70 or 80 then I would say it's balanced! But even in this state, Panther 2 fully upgraded is fun (it's 105mm gun has a tendency to put a smile on your face when taking 25% off of IS-4's FRONTALLY when aiming for driver port, and 30% off of ferdis when aiming for gun)! BTW Pershing users say they would trade the superior fire rate to accuracy of Panther 2 any day (8 rpm compared to 7 rpm of Panther 2, about the same damage and penetration)! So Panther 2 is the second best tier 9 medium. T-54 still feels like a tier 10 medium though, so go for T-54 after wipe.
EDIT: after some more tests, Panther 2 is still useful for circling thanks to it's superior maneuverability to Panther 1 (except T-54's, T-54 outclasses it in dogfights normally, dunno about Pershings), ESPECIALLY when accompanied by T-54 (since these draw fire from you like crazy)... It's a great tank for either sniping or dogfighting, just don't go alone without support (and don't give me that talk about it's slow turret traverse, if you know how to play, you can easily compensate for it). But the goddamn engine gets damaged waaaay too much (yes, even frontally). Fix it devs please!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users