Jump to content


T54 Armour Effectiveness Test


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

SummerWars #61 Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:46 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010

View PostJournier, on 29 December 2010 - 01:55 AM, said:

i also looked at the win ratio of some people defending the t-54 here and they have quite the amazing win rate with a t-54, obviously this will all just balance out after a few thousand games.... but a few of them have 200+ already with a t-54 <_< with like a 70% win rate ^ :lol:

Some does, but I dont since I solo a lot and usually get in the team that consist of idiots(but in big tanks)

meNtalhead #62 Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:34 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010

View PostJournier, on 29 December 2010 - 01:55 AM, said:

i also looked at the win ratio of some people defending the t-54 here and they have quite the amazing win rate with a t-54, obviously this will all just balance out after a few thousand games.... but a few of them have 200+ already with a t-54 <_< with like a 70% win rate ^ :lol:
Don't forget to look at their average exp per battle for T-44 and T-54! It's OVER 9000! Just kidding, it's about 1000 xp for T-54 and 500 for T-44!

SummerWars #63 Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010

View PostmeNtalhead, on 29 December 2010 - 04:34 AM, said:

Don't forget to look at their average exp per battle for T-44 and T-54! It's OVER 9000! Just kidding, it's about 1000 xp for T-54 and 500 for T-44!
500exp for t44? Then hes not so good. His T54 is good.

meNtalhead #64 Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010

View PostSummerWars, on 29 December 2010 - 04:46 AM, said:

500exp for t44? Then hes not so good. His T54 is good.
But but but it's not the tank! The tank is perfectly balanced! Right? Right?

SummerWars #65 Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010

View PostmeNtalhead, on 29 December 2010 - 05:00 AM, said:

But but but it's not the tank! The tank is perfectly balanced! Right? Right?
Just like the thing happened when people first saw T29/T32
T54 is not OP. There are still many auto aim abusers out there

meNtalhead #66 Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:25 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010

View PostSummerWars, on 29 December 2010 - 05:11 AM, said:

Just like the thing happened when people first saw T29/T32
T54 is not OP. There are still many auto aim abusers out there
But T29/T32 DON'T have that small hull (which also bounces a ridiculous number of times) because they are big slow heavies! Try hitting a small target with impenetrable turret (with a super duper bouncy hull) moving at 56 kmh...

SummerWars #67 Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:46 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010

View PostmeNtalhead, on 29 December 2010 - 05:25 AM, said:

But T29/T32 DON'T have that small hull because they are big slow heavies! Try hitting a small target with impenetrable turret moving at 56 kmh...
because is MT and Tier 9. Are you trolling?
How about head to head with T32? Just saw T32 beat Vk45 100%->0?

meNtalhead #68 Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010

View PostSummerWars, on 29 December 2010 - 05:46 AM, said:

because is MT and Tier 9. Are you trolling?
How about head to head with T32? Just saw T32 beat Vk45 100%->0?
? If you can take down a panther 2 normally shooting at the hull and a pershing shooting at the hull (in conclusion, they've got way too weak armor for their tier), why can't you take down a T-54 shooting it in the hull unless with at least 2 other vehicles and ONLY if you catch it by surprise or somehow track it? BTW. T32 is easy credits and XP with KT because it has normally sized hull (not that tiny bouncy one in T-54). We (the players) are just asking to give it historical 100mm and not buffed 120mm armor (prototype armor), or if give it 120mm armor, why not give it prototype's 43kmh speed also? And what's the problem with mounting the long 88 on panther 2's stock turret? It's an imaginary tank, they could've changed that (either give you at least that long 75 or make the long 88 mountable on first turret), instead you have to use a peashooter (a panzer 4's gun on a tier 9 tank?!) against other tier 7-10's to grind for 47250 xp just to be able to mount a decent gun!

Agrestic #69 Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:23 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 12652 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010
t-54 got bugged armor,maybe same problem as with t-32

and this isnt nothing new.. developers love USSR tanks... this is only one nation who got overboosted tanks ..unreal statictic tanks and when you got better tank,on update has been lowered

SummerWars #70 Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:26 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010
Who tells you that you cant pen T54 front hull? Do you have a P2 or Per? If you hear that from someone so tell them Im waiting for them to test my front in training battle

meNtalhead #71 Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:26 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010

View PostAgrestic, on 29 December 2010 - 06:23 AM, said:

t-54 got bugged armor,maybe same problem as with t-32
Exactly, and what's more interesting, when players complained about T29/T32 they said "oh, we'll fix it right away", but when they complained about T-54, they say "no, not gonna happen, it's perfectly balanced"!

meNtalhead #72 Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:30 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010

View PostSummerWars, on 29 December 2010 - 06:26 AM, said:

Who tells you that you cant pen T54 front hull? Do you have a P2 or Per? If you hear that from someone so tell them Im waiting for them to test my front in training battle
I didn't say you can't pen, I said it's ridiculously hard because it just bounces, and I'm soon about to get P2 (I've saved free xp, thankfully), every time I shot it (in a KT's long 105) IN the hull, using manual aim, it just seemed to bounce. I can understand that for a T9 medium it has strong turret, that it goes 56 kmh, that it has super gun and superior maneuverability, but super bouncy hull? This way panther's HP advantage if effectively neglected (panther should have bouncy hull, since it's a sniper that has weaker armor and worse maneuverability). Cmon! I'm gonna get it after wipe if it continues to be like that.

Lord_Invader #73 Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:30 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    08-10-2010

View PostZipperhead, on 29 December 2010 - 06:30 AM, said:

Here's an idea... lets give all tanks the same stats and then one will not be any different than the other, just named different and different pictures.
Here's an idea... lets give all tanks the same stats and then one will not be any different than the other, just named different with different shapes and colors because we all know diversity is evil.... right?

And after all, the Germans introduced the panther not to be better than the T34, but to be balanced, because war is bad and we dont want to win.

Pure garbage.

SummerWars #74 Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:34 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010

View PostmeNtalhead, on 29 December 2010 - 06:30 AM, said:

I didn't say you can't pen, I said it's ridiculously hard because it just bounces, and I'm soon about to get P2 (I've saved free xp, thankfully), every time I shot it (in a KT's long 105) IN the hull, using manual aim, it just seemed to bounce. I can get that the turret is strong, and that it goes 56 kmh, that it has super gun and superior maneuverability, but super bouncy hull? Cmon! I'm gonna get it after wipe if it continues to be like that.
So you want a tier VIII to beat tier IX that easily? Bring your KT in, ok?

meNtalhead #75 Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:47 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010
new data: tried with a KT' long 105 in a training room: it penetrates everything, even turret but only from behind (dunno if it's upgraded or not)! just my luck then, ignore. (btw I was banned in chat so I couldn't talk!)
EDIT: you can pen the turret if you aim for the upper part of the turret ie. hatch... turret ring won't pen.

Agrestic #76 Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 12652 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010
well dear developers.. t-54 got now same armor,little more than same tier heavy tank us..
so you can rename t-54 medium to t-54 heavy tank .. isnt real say .. this dont need be fix.. sarcasm  :Smile-izmena:

SummerWars #77 Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:09 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010

View PostmeNtalhead, on 29 December 2010 - 06:47 AM, said:

new data: tried with a KT' long 105 in a training room: it penetrates everything, even turret but only from behind (dunno if it's upgraded or not)! just my luck then, ignore. (btw I was banned in chat so I couldn't talk!)
EDIT: you can pen the turret if you aim for the upper part of the turret ie. hatch... turret ring won't pen.
Everybody can pen the back and the side.
You didnt try at the side of the turret which is 160mm thick. And Im an elite T54.  
We tested 2 times so it might not luck then

But T54 vs T54. at 100m I couldnt pen the front no matter how many shots. At 75m, everything shots went through

meNtalhead #78 Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010

View PostSummerWars, on 29 December 2010 - 07:09 AM, said:

Everybody can pen the back and the side.
You didnt try at the side of the turret which is 160mm thick. And Im an elite T54.  
We tested 2 times so it might not luck then

But T54 vs T54. at 100m I couldnt pen the front no matter how many shots. At 75m, everything shots went through
I don't know, I just know that someone invited me to test can my elite KT penetrate it... Everything except lower and middle turret penetrated (I don't know if it's the upg. or stock turret) and I couldn't even talk because of the ban :P. Now that my suspicions are cleared, I'm gone! (btw. that is-4 driver port that got "buffed"? it's not buffed at all! 100%)
edit:
by checking your game profile I cannot find a tank named T54 or even T44 even though you said you're an elite T-54 (even a screenshot, so I'm not lying)!

Attached Files

  • Attached File   summerwars.JPG   81.84K


SummerWars #79 Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010

View PostmeNtalhead, on 29 December 2010 - 07:14 AM, said:

I don't know, I just know that someone invited me to test can my elite KT penetrate it... Everything except lower and middle turret penetrated (I don't know if it's the upg. or stock turret) and I couldn't even talk because of the ban :P. Now that my suspicions are cleared, I'm gone! (btw. that is-4 driver port that got "buffed"? it's not buffed at all! 100%)
edit:
by checking your game profile I cannot find a tank named T54 or even T44 even though you said you're an elite T-54 (even a screenshot, so I'm not lying)!

Do you remember the guy who tested with you. Was his nick BigWorldSmallMe?
My main acc cant access the full forum for some unknown reason. This s the 2nd

meNtalhead #80 Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:30 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2010

View PostSummerWars, on 29 December 2010 - 07:26 AM, said:

Do you remember the guy who tested with you. Was his nick BigWorldSmallMe?
My main acc cant access the full forum for some unknown reason. This s the 2nd
aha, sorry, my mistake! btw. you have jopax in your friend list? I know him personally :P




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users