VPN WOT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Nublet_of_Doom #1 Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20491 battles
Hai guys  :harp:

I got something new here, my IP changing everytime i boot or every 15 minutes but thatd be silly.
I'm behind a VPN because my wife would know stuffs otherwise.
I was wondering if everytime i connect to Wot with a different IP location, i risk a ban for 'sharing' my account or anything else... or if the Wot GMs will figure out it's VPN servers and ignore that.
Anyway, if anyone is using a VPN as well and got no problems with Wot, id like to know please...

I didnt post that on other games forums because i think there is a low proba this is going to happen, but since i know Wot has a sensible ban button. Just checking  :trollface:

Ulicum #2 Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39597 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
Best reason to use VPN ever, bro!  :glasses:

Arkhelus #3 Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11883 battles
Which VPN do you use? I need to get one, a good one and free if it`s possible because the University blocked allmost every port.

TheKroo #4 Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

Product Manager

• WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • [WG] WG
Your safest bet here is to consult our support at: http://support.worldoftanks.eu/.
They will provide you with a reply and have your ticket logged in case of any future mishaps :)

Nublet_of_Doom #5 Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20491 battles

View PostArkhelus, on 03 April 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Which VPN do you use? I need to get one, a good one and free if it`s possible because the University blocked allmost every port.

Starts with "Cini". I wouldnt say more :trollface: . and im not sure i can. I dont do adverts for free ;p
There are tons of good VPNs and their ToS are all similar, to make it short... no illegal stuff.
Free? wont happen, unless u find a guy who bought a dedicated server and is offering VPN services for free, they do exist but good luck with your registration.
Official free ones are too laggy, bandwidth is low, even tho everything is heavily encrypted, They could still get datas and use em. I would not trust a free VPN.
Bandwidth limitation on youtube is no more. that's the good part. Surfing is now smooth everywhere but ping is 20-40ms higher. Glafully i have 10-20ms ping with most Europe servers, so the ping still is acceptable in games (30-60).
A basic ADSL line user with default interleaving (+30ms) will have a bad ping for sure. You can add +40-80 to the ping you had before.

View PostHunter1911, on 04 April 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

Your safest bet here is to consult our support at: http://support.worldoftanks.eu/.
They will provide you with a reply and have your ticket logged in case of any future mishaps :)

Alright sir, thk you, i shall keep more trails behind me. I will submit a ticket just in case.

Hmmm, one more thing im a bit worried about is a friend who occasionally comes here on bbq weekends. He let his kid play Wot with his laptop while we're busy playing cards.
Since my router is a linux server, anyone using wifi or ethernet is behind VPN...
oh well, dont bother, hes so much noob anyway. But if he has an Austrian IP on saturday nights, it's my fault, just so u know  :smile:

For now my upload is 10Mb but when im going to upgrade to 50Mb/200Mb line... i will be offering VPN services to a few friends as well, redirecting their whole traffic to me, main purpose is to build a LAN Network between us, but i want em to benefit from anonimity as well.
Some of em are playing Wot too... Can we do that without any risks ?

Edited by Boobzor, 04 April 2013 - 12:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users