MINSK office has almost abandoned EUROPE?!?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Odling #1 Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 220 battles
This is in a forum called Are you insulted? on Off Topic and was posted by SMGJohn:

SS is shortened for something
СТАЛИНЕЦ[STALINETS] is not shortened, it's a complete different word.

If you can't see this then well... It's like you are trying to say that radio and radioactive is the same thing just because they share "radio" but they are really two VERY different things with very different meanings.
I don't see the logic behind this but then again there is no logic behind Anti-Soviet bashing, it's like a child is desperate at trying to make something look evil.
What I noticed is the massive increase in Conservative activity on this very forum whichmight just be the reason for why Minsk office has almost abandoned Europe and I understand them quite good I mean who could blame them?

If this is true it's a bit of a shock.

If it's not true, then where did SMGJohn get his information?  Did he just make it up?

That would be bizarre if he just made it up.

So, does this mean there has been some discussion on RU servers about this, has the Minsk office said anything about this subject, is SMGJohn a WG employee and he knows what's going on?

Intriguing!

Let's see what the official WG 'Ministry of Truth' has to say about it.

Edited by Odling, 04 April 2013 - 02:18 PM.

WoTDaFoCh #2 Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22802 battles
Like i care what wargaming think anymore

PzPionier #3 Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19861 battles
Dont expect anything from Minsk, our granpa's killed their ancestors and now they hate us :P

BTW, thats the Clanwar error message i recieve on EU wot page with german language chosen:

СТРАНИЦА НЕ НАЙДЕНА
Возможно, вы пришли к нам по ссылке, которая более не существует, поскольку не так давно мы обновили наш сайт. Вы можете найти необходимую информацию в соответствующих разделах обновленного сайта.

They are not able to translate an error message within 3 days...

Edited by PzPionier, 04 April 2013 - 01:27 PM.

TheDukeV #4 Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31067 battles
  • [SIRS] SIRS

View PostOdling, on 04 April 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

there is no logic behind Anti-Soviet bashing, it's like a child is desperate at trying to make something look evil.

People like him should abandon Europe, Minsk office can stay.

Odling #5 Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 220 battles
omg... WG have now removed the entire topic of 'Are you insulted?'

More evidence thar WG are trying to apply Soviet-era control over what we say.

DasNiveau #6 Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 10735 battles

View PostOdling, on 04 April 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Just the "no-political-discussion" rule of the forum ... the whole game/gametheme is potent to cause trouble that way.

My opinion on the OP ... minsk did not start to care what the other servers think. Not just EU.
Shown in the kicking of EU supertesters.

OmaiGodman #7 Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7561 battles
  • [KIWF] KIWF

View PostOdling, on 04 April 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

I think they just moved it to a closed part of the forum, and accidentally left the redirection there. They now removed the redirection as it would only be confusing. Just my guess.

edit: I just noticed the redirect link is still there, so they just moved it to where others can't see it

I don't know why the topic had to go, except for the fact that I can assume WG thinks it's something that the person who created it has to work out with WG, instead of going on the forums and making a fuss about it. Don't get me wrong, I understand his point - but I can also understand why WG would prefer not to have a discussion like that in the open.

People complained about his clan logo since there was something in there could be seen as fascist symbolism even though originally it wasn't (kind of like the swastika). I could ask a lot of people if they think the swastika is offensive, and I'm sure a lot of people would say no. That wouldn't be a reason to allow it though. In this world (and ironically enough, mostly in Europe), whenever a minority is offended by something, the majority of the people have to bow to them and make sure they never do it again. It's just WG adjusting to European culture  :teethhappy:

Edited by OmaiGodman, 04 April 2013 - 03:24 PM.

Kryhavok #8 Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5403 battles
Freedom of speech is something that is very dear to anyone who wishes to live in a free world.  Unfortunately, this game is run by a Russian company with Russian attitudes.  Freedom of speech does not exist in Russia and never has.  The Russians are happy to live from one totalitarian regime to the next.  The Tzars were autocrats, the Bolsheviks were oligarchs, the Soviet system swung from oligarchy to totalitarian tyrrany back to oligarchic tyrrany and since the end of Communism and the Soviet state there has been almost no democracy.  Russia is now run by an autocrat who is not accountable to anyone.
There is no respect for freedom of speech in Russia.  But when Russian businesses want to trade in the free world, they are obliged to abide by free world norms.  They may have no respect for freedom of speech, but we must educate them, poor things, to understand how important and cherished it is by free people all over the world.  The point of free speech is that you can say whatever you want and others have the right to disagree with you.  Through discourse you then can agree some middle ground or one might persuade the other to their point of view by the strength of their argument and the evidence they present.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users