• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

GehakteMolen #1 Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 51751 battles
  • [322] 322
All hail the T95, all or nothing!

This topic can be considered as a sort of overview about how i think about the T95, its not rly a guide, more some general tips/strategys i use(d)

My stats after eliting T95 (pure solo play)
Spoiler                     

The T95 is a trully unique vehicle, its one of the heaviest vehicles of the game, with incredible though armor which rivals or surpasses the most heaviely armored tier 10 tanks. On top of that, the T95 is equiped with a powerfull 155mm gun with a massive 750 dmg, excellent penetration and decent accuracy. It also has good camo, only a few small weakspots and thick spaced armor which gives some (side)protection against both tanks and artillery....

The T95 has however one massive flaw, an incredible weak engine and a very low topspeed, making the T95 by far the slowest tank of the game. Climbing hills goes with 3-5 km/h and going down steephills wont push the topspeed over 15-16 km/h...

To sum it up:
- best armored tier 9 tank,
- massive firepower, equal to Object 704
- worst mobility of the game, but excellent turning speed, equal to a JagdTiger, and better as Object 704

All in all this makes this TD trully unique....

`Detailed pros/cons`
Spoiler                     

So the sum it up:
Pros:
+ area deny weapon
+ thick armor
+ great firewpoer
+ massive fear factor
+ very good turning speed**

Cons
- weak vs arty
- vulnerable to flanking
- weak vs tier 10 tds with gold ammo, a Jp-E100 with HEAT penetrated by gummantle twice -> dead T95
- awefull mobility, a T95 can not win the endgame unless the enemy comes to you, you can not go to the enemy base to kill last arty and camp

**: the T95 turns just as fast as other tier 9/10 tds, however, give the low forward/reverse speed you can often suprise enemys with ur turning speed, a proper played T95 is very hard to flank!

Given all the above pros and cons, driving a T95 succesfull is quite easy, since you only have 3 options and ur choice depends heavily on map, arty and mm, the 3 options are
- 1- basecamp, stay in base and defend.
- 2- passive play, stay near base to support team so you can return to base if needed.
- 3- active play, attack the enemy.

1: Basecamp
Spoiler                     

2: passive play
Spoiler                     

3: Active play
Spoiler                     
Overall: the T95 is still an very, very good tank, its just very different from anything else, however despite its worthless speed, it can still attack nicely :)

some gameplay footage (my best game so far)

Edited by GehakteMolen, 10 April 2013 - 09:30 PM.

Platypusbill #2 Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25545 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
64% is really damn impressive considering you can't switch flanks or return to def cap (read: you have to count on the rest of the team being useful).

Then again, whatever is on your side of the map gets utterly smashed  :playing:

My first tier IX tank, can be really frustrating at times but bouncing tier X shells with regularity is really satisfying, and it looks badass.

How_hard_can_it_be #3 Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43144 battles

+ very good turning speed**
Come again?
Your statistics are indeed impressive, but the uhh.....very good turning speed and um...a proper played T95 is very hard to flank!..... It turns out I've played a different game. Never mind, well done ;)

RongoMatane #4 Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15459 battles
Nice review :)
Few things are as satisfying in this game like when you manage to scratch off tanks that try to flank your T95 with the help of some obstacle and manage to kill them. What i also like about this tank: You got no pressure. You know you are so slow you can't really decide anything by your reaction (only very local), so you can just advance relaxed and shoot stuff. In a light tank, you have to be way more creative and clever to achieve good results.
You aren't easy to flank if you can use a decent wall (not only a rock), thanks to the physics system.

btw, the TogII is as slow as the T95, not sure how climbing compares though.

Edited by RongoMatane, 10 April 2013 - 09:49 PM.

BlacKnight_PT #5 Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16146 battles
Its a good TD indeed. Either a flank pusher or a flank holder. Still not elited but heading that way.

About the turning speed I wouldn't call it excellent, just very good compared to its top speed...
I would call excellent to the 122-54 traverse, its funny to see an amx1390 failing to flank me  :teethhappy: ... albeit this is a completely different TD play style  :smile:

Very good stats you have :great:

Regards.

GehakteMolen #6 Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 51751 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostHow_hard_can_it_be, on 10 April 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Come again?
Your statistics are indeed impressive, but the uhh.....very good turning speed and um...a proper played T95 is very hard to flank!..... It turns out I've played a different game. Never mind, well done ;)

T95 has very nice turning speed :)

ollonborre #7 Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16951 battles
My most favourite tank in the game, hands down. It is just so satisfying to bounce nearly any gun in the game and respond with a huge shell of your own. It has its downsides sure, like the speed and pathetic engine and the fact that every arty will almost all the time go for you if you show yourself.

I will still keep it forever though, I just like it way to much.

Platypusbill #8 Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25545 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View Postollonborre, on 17 April 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

My most favourite tank in the game, hands down. It is just so satisfying to bounce nearly any gun in the game and respond with a huge shell of your own. It has its downsides sure, like the speed and pathetic engine and the fact that every arty will almost all the time go for you if you show yourself.

I will still keep it forever though, I just like it way to much.

It's one of those tanks that can be frustrating to play but put a smile on your face like no other when they work.

hazzin #9 Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15859 battles
Interesting thread. But even though I know that you are a good or even great player, I cannot agree. Or at least not with the overall conclusion.

But firstly, I would like to address some of the false facts (for lack of better words) that were mentioned. You claim excellent turning speed, equal to a JagdTiger, and better as Object 704 and you have even posted those videos that show that it's not true. The only terrain on which T95 turns faster than obj is mud. On both, grass and pavement, T95 is slower and by no means equal to JT. I guess, the word excellent is rather subjective word and maybe you indeed consider it excellent, but I would not. I could certainly imagine having better traverse speed.

You also mentioned decent accuracy, which is once again rather subjective, but still I feel like I have to say something. 0.38 acc is one of the worst accuracies at T9, T10. If I am not mistaken the worst acc on these tiers is 0.40, not that far from it. Most of the tanks on these tiers have better accuracy than T95.

even tier 10 tanks wont like getting hit by a 750 dmg gun - true, but it's worth mentioning that people are more and more willing to sacrifice those 750 dmg than they used to. This change that I noticed came with introduction of more powerful guns in recent patches.

The T95 however has one big advantage over (almost) any heavy armored tank of the game, its tier 9, so far less arty and high penetration guns. This means that unlike the maus or any other heavy armored tank (E3, foch-155) it wont get blown up by arty or high pen TDs, the most powerfull guns of its tier still strugle to penetrate T95, unless its a gold shooting JagdTiger or Tortoise.
Once again, true, compared to those tanks that you mentioned. But nevertheless, T95 still ends up in T10 battles or battles with multiple high tier arties (T7 or T8) most of the time and it suffers a lot. And when it gets into these battles, it is probably (personal opinion, not a fact!) worse off than those aforementioned tanks. Just a recent example, today on Highway, I and IS7 beside me got spotted in open field. The IS7 was pretty much stationary when it was spotted, yet all 4 arties targeted only me. In the end IS7 prove to be the battle-changer, while I did almost nothing in that battle, bar miraculously surviving. IS7 was bigger threat, but I was much more easier prey.

For both roles (fear factor and drawing fire) mobility is not really needed, its not about cruising around, its about being present, like a bunker, and the T95 is (almost) a bunker...
I agree, though if you can't reach the frontline before the enemy slaughters your comrades, that fear factor won't be much used to you. In this case their euphoria and greed after more damage will completely suppress their fear and they will simply charge.

Now these were some of the things, I don't agree with. Or only partially. I agree with most of the rest.

But I do have a question. What am I doing wrong? Or what are you doing that you managed to get 64 WR? Beside being a unicum, of course. Before reading this thread I wouldn't believe anyone that it's possible to get your WR so high in T95, without playing platoons. I'm playing T95 myself for some time now and no matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, I'm not getting better, not getting anywhere near 60 or 59% for that matter.

Usually it means that one is not doing enough damage in battle. So I checked your DMG/battle. Better than mine (2267), but only by some 300 per battle. I also checked one other unicum, who recently played with me in one battle, he is quite well known here, and he has almost the same exact DMG/B as I do (2279), but his WR is 63%. Something doesn't add up. So I looked up your Kills/B ratio. Both of you have worse than I do. I looked at your Battles survived. You have worse than I. Hit rate. No, I'm more accurate. So I'm killing more enemies than you do, surviving more battles to the end than you do, hitting more consistently than you do and than doing slightly less dmg and almost the exact same dmg respectively and still I have some 8% WR less.

So what should I do? Spot more? Maybe. I don't know. I'm playing T95 for some time and though by no means I consider myself the best player or some other shit, but I do think I'm kinda of an expert or at least a seasoned T95 player. I know where to go, where not to go (I experimented with different routes and approaches to different maps, sometimes with success, sometimes not|. I know weak spots of other tanks, I know my own flaws. I wiggle my tank, I even know how to force 0 dmg shell when turning a corner. Sometimes I play aggressively, sometimes not. Depends on map, team disposition, my mood. And still stuck at 55%.

The way I see it, T95 has a lot of potential and can be quite deadly once it meets enemy on its own terms. Problem is to make contact with said enemy, before it slaughters half of your team. Some maps, maybe even majority of maps, force T95 to base camp or camp near it. Sand River, Malinovka, Murovanka, El Halluf, Erlenberg, Abbey, Westfield, Steppes, Red Shire (south base) etc. Obviously it depends on number of arties and their tier and such. But in those typical battles (three T7/T8 arties), you are greatly limited in possible places to go.

And so yes, I think T95 is slightly under-powered. Imho it should either get better speed (something like Maus or T28 have) or better acceleration and mobility (better traverse speed), or new gun as an alternative to 155mm (I'm thinking something along the lines of JT's 12,8 - fast aim time, fast reload, very accurate, less damage) or just buff to 155 would be enough for me. Make it more accurate. This is probably my biggest problem with it. And the mostly likely buff we would ever get. It won't make T95 OP. But I can't stand, how inaccurate this tank is. JPE100 has bigger caliber and yet is more accurate. I have 82% acc, the problem for me is not to hit the tank, but to penetrate it. But what can I do, when my reticle is bigger than the whole enemy tank.

Not so long ago, I was sniping at Lowe at Malinovka from my base. He was stationary in bush, nothing was in my line of fire. First shot penetrated and damaged. He disappeared for about a minute, then my team mate spot him, he moved into a bush next. I fired and tracked him. He was still spotted, so I fired again. Miss. Still spotted. So once again I fired. I hit his other track. The one which I couldn't even see, but for the small front part. Then my team mates finished him. 3 shells for nothing. Or other battle when twice missed other T95's commander's cupola from 30 something meters. My reticle was something like 70% his cupola, 15 percent his upper front armor and 15% just air. Two misses. And so on and on. Similar things happen quite often. Because T95 is not accurate enough. Coupled with long reload and awful speed to get into better firing position, it really sucks. At least for me.

Sorry for the rant. Can't help myself. This tank isn't bad, but it's not exactly a pleasure ride either.

GehakteMolen #10 Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 51751 battles
  • [322] 322

View Posthazzin, on 21 April 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

Interesting thread. But even though I know that you are a good or even great player, I cannot agree. Or at least not with the overall conclusion.

But firstly, I would like to address some of the false facts (for lack of better words) that were mentioned. You claim excellent turning speed, equal to a JagdTiger, and better as Object 704 and you have even posted those videos that show that it's not true. The only terrain on which T95 turns faster than obj is mud. On both, grass and pavement, T95 is slower and by no means equal to JT. I guess, the word excellent is rather subjective word and maybe you indeed consider it excellent, but I would not. I could certainly imagine having better traverse speed.

You also mentioned decent accuracy, which is once again rather subjective, but still I feel like I have to say something. 0.38 acc is one of the worst accuracies at T9, T10. If I am not mistaken the worst acc on these tiers is 0.40, not that far from it. Most of the tanks on these tiers have better accuracy than T95.

even tier 10 tanks wont like getting hit by a 750 dmg gun - true, but it's worth mentioning that people are more and more willing to sacrifice those 750 dmg than they used to. This change that I noticed came with introduction of more powerful guns in recent patches.

The T95 however has one big advantage over (almost) any heavy armored tank of the game, its tier 9, so far less arty and high penetration guns. This means that unlike the maus or any other heavy armored tank (E3, foch-155) it wont get blown up by arty or high pen TDs, the most powerfull guns of its tier still strugle to penetrate T95, unless its a gold shooting JagdTiger or Tortoise.
Once again, true, compared to those tanks that you mentioned. But nevertheless, T95 still ends up in T10 battles or battles with multiple high tier arties (T7 or T8) most of the time and it suffers a lot. And when it gets into these battles, it is probably (personal opinion, not a fact!) worse off than those aforementioned tanks. Just a recent example, today on Highway, I and IS7 beside me got spotted in open field. The IS7 was pretty much stationary when it was spotted, yet all 4 arties targeted only me. In the end IS7 prove to be the battle-changer, while I did almost nothing in that battle, bar miraculously surviving. IS7 was bigger threat, but I was much more easier prey.

For both roles (fear factor and drawing fire) mobility is not really needed, its not about cruising around, its about being present, like a bunker, and the T95 is (almost) a bunker...
I agree, though if you can't reach the frontline before the enemy slaughters your comrades, that fear factor won't be much used to you. In this case their euphoria and greed after more damage will completely suppress their fear and they will simply charge.

Now these were some of the things, I don't agree with. Or only partially. I agree with most of the rest.

But I do have a question. What am I doing wrong? Or what are you doing that you managed to get 64 WR? Beside being a unicum, of course. Before reading this thread I wouldn't believe anyone that it's possible to get your WR so high in T95, without playing platoons. I'm playing T95 myself for some time now and no matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, I'm not getting better, not getting anywhere near 60 or 59% for that matter.

Usually it means that one is not doing enough damage in battle. So I checked your DMG/battle. Better than mine (2267), but only by some 300 per battle. I also checked one other unicum, who recently played with me in one battle, he is quite well known here, and he has almost the same exact DMG/B as I do (2279), but his WR is 63%. Something doesn't add up. So I looked up your Kills/B ratio. Both of you have worse than I do. I looked at your Battles survived. You have worse than I. Hit rate. No, I'm more accurate. So I'm killing more enemies than you do, surviving more battles to the end than you do, hitting more consistently than you do and than doing slightly less dmg and almost the exact same dmg respectively and still I have some 8% WR less.

So what should I do? Spot more? Maybe. I don't know. I'm playing T95 for some time and though by no means I consider myself the best player or some other shit, but I do think I'm kinda of an expert or at least a seasoned T95 player. I know where to go, where not to go (I experimented with different routes and approaches to different maps, sometimes with success, sometimes not|. I know weak spots of other tanks, I know my own flaws. I wiggle my tank, I even know how to force 0 dmg shell when turning a corner. Sometimes I play aggressively, sometimes not. Depends on map, team disposition, my mood. And still stuck at 55%.

The way I see it, T95 has a lot of potential and can be quite deadly once it meets enemy on its own terms. Problem is to make contact with said enemy, before it slaughters half of your team. Some maps, maybe even majority of maps, force T95 to base camp or camp near it. Sand River, Malinovka, Murovanka, El Halluf, Erlenberg, Abbey, Westfield, Steppes, Red Shire (south base) etc. Obviously it depends on number of arties and their tier and such. But in those typical battles (three T7/T8 arties), you are greatly limited in possible places to go.

And so yes, I think T95 is slightly under-powered. Imho it should either get better speed (something like Maus or T28 have) or better acceleration and mobility (better traverse speed), or new gun as an alternative to 155mm (I'm thinking something along the lines of JT's 12,8 - fast aim time, fast reload, very accurate, less damage) or just buff to 155 would be enough for me. Make it more accurate. This is probably my biggest problem with it. And the mostly likely buff we would ever get. It won't make T95 OP. But I can't stand, how inaccurate this tank is. JPE100 has bigger caliber and yet is more accurate. I have 82% acc, the problem for me is not to hit the tank, but to penetrate it. But what can I do, when my reticle is bigger than the whole enemy tank.

Not so long ago, I was sniping at Lowe at Malinovka from my base. He was stationary in bush, nothing was in my line of fire. First shot penetrated and damaged. He disappeared for about a minute, then my team mate spot him, he moved into a bush next. I fired and tracked him. He was still spotted, so I fired again. Miss. Still spotted. So once again I fired. I hit his other track. The one which I couldn't even see, but for the small front part. Then my team mates finished him. 3 shells for nothing. Or other battle when twice missed other T95's commander's cupola from 30 something meters. My reticle was something like 70% his cupola, 15 percent his upper front armor and 15% just air. Two misses. And so on and on. Similar things happen quite often. Because T95 is not accurate enough. Coupled with long reload and awful speed to get into better firing position, it really sucks. At least for me.

Sorry for the rant. Can't help myself. This tank isn't bad, but it's not exactly a pleasure ride either.

- The turning speed of the T95 is much better as soem1 would except when looking @ straight line and climbing speed, the ``fast and agile`` 704 turns just as fast/slow as the T95 (this is what i ment with it)

- the accuracy itself is not great, but not bad either, so decent, the only t9 gun of US with better accuracy is the M103 top gun (0.37) the other guns are all 0.4 or 0.42 (T54E1), russian and chinese guns are also 0.38-0.4, gers, french and brit are (much) more accurate, but the french got an autoloader, and the brits lack alpha dmg, while germans lack penetration (a T95 has to hit the target, the E75 has to hit a specific part)

- battles have become even more camperific as before, so looking from that way, 750 dmg is still a nice fear factor

- ur right, but a Maus or E3 will get tons matches all the time while a T95 wont (thats the advantage)

- jup, thats indead a big problem, u need (on some maps) quite a lot of time to reach the ``front``, but still 13km/h is often (just) enough to reach the line when the battle starts, just dont stop to shoot scouts or stuff which gets spotted, ur task is to reach ``the front`` not kill the scouts

About the final part, pff, no idea why i win more :p i just ``do something`` and it seems to work quite well, i played a lot of other slow tanks in the past, and for some (Vk-P or T28 proto) the speed was rly ``limiting`` me, while for others, like T95 or Maus it doesnt seem to matter much.

perhaps we pick different targets as priority, as long as i have some support, i always go for maximum dmg (i wont go for the kill, unless its a tank with +400 hp or a tank with a big fat gun) coz everyone who gets hit for 750 will (usually) stop with what they where doing and go back (or turn around or so) this way i can ``stop`` the enemy advance.

for the rest, dunno why im winning more, u have enough expierence with the T95 i`d say ^^

ps: for buff(s) i`d suggest, a bigger engine, so it climbs faster 1-2 km extra top speed and little buff to accuracy, or a (much) bigger engine and no acc buff, or a big acc buff and no mobility

T95 is however one of those tanks which easy becomes (very) OP, giving it same speed as MAUS would make it total OP when its top tier while it wont benefit much in tier 10 fights

Rosetta_and_Philae #11 Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50692 battles
  • [WTFX] WTFX
Over 2,000 battles with this tank and still going strong. With that experience over the course of those battles T95 does what he wants not what he is told to do.

hazzin #12 Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15859 battles

View PostGehakteMolen, on 21 April 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

- The turning speed of the T95 is much better as soem1 would except when looking @ straight line and climbing speed, the ``fast and agile`` 704 turns just as fast/slow as the T95 (this is what i ment with it)

- the accuracy itself is not great, but not bad either, so decent, the only t9 gun of US with better accuracy is the M103 top gun (0.37) the other guns are all 0.4 or 0.42 (T54E1), russian and chinese guns are also 0.38-0.4, gers, french and brit are (much) more accurate, but the french got an autoloader, and the brits lack alpha dmg, while germans lack penetration (a T95 has to hit the target, the E75 has to hit a specific part)

- battles have become even more camperific as before, so looking from that way, 750 dmg is still a nice fear factor

- ur right, but a Maus or E3 will get tons matches all the time while a T95 wont (thats the advantage)

- jup, thats indead a big problem, u need (on some maps) quite a lot of time to reach the ``front``, but still 13km/h is often (just) enough to reach the line when the battle starts, just dont stop to shoot scouts or stuff which gets spotted, ur task is to reach ``the front`` not kill the scouts

About the final part, pff, no idea why i win more :p i just ``do something`` and it seems to work quite well, i played a lot of other slow tanks in the past, and for some (Vk-P or T28 proto) the speed was rly ``limiting`` me, while for others, like T95 or Maus it doesnt seem to matter much.

perhaps we pick different targets as priority, as long as i have some support, i always go for maximum dmg (i wont go for the kill, unless its a tank with +400 hp or a tank with a big fat gun) coz everyone who gets hit for 750 will (usually) stop with what they where doing and go back (or turn around or so) this way i can ``stop`` the enemy advance.

for the rest, dunno why im winning more, u have enough expierence with the T95 i`d say ^^

ps: for buff(s) i`d suggest, a bigger engine, so it climbs faster 1-2 km extra top speed and little buff to accuracy, or a (much) bigger engine and no acc buff, or a big acc buff and no mobility

T95 is however one of those tanks which easy becomes (very) OP, giving it same speed as MAUS would make it total OP when its top tier while it wont benefit much in tier 10 fights
- Yes, it's better than someone might expect. But it still one of the slowest turning tanks in game, with the exception of arty, I believe, only Maus is slower.

- Decent, great, bad, average. I guess everyone has its own opinion. As for me, coupled with slow reload, slow aim time and inability to move to get a better shot at, it is not good enough. And Germans don't lack penetration, not T95's counterpart - JT. And this is pretty much what I want. JT's 12.8cm gun mounted on T95 as an alternative to 155mm (I understand that some players would prefer 155m, so imho there could be two guns for T95.
PS: And that bit about T95 and E75 is simply not true. T95 also has to hit specific part (LFP, cupolas, driver's visors, etc.). When you hit E75's UFP it will be ding or bounce no matter what. T95 has extra penetration, which help it to pen more reliably, but it still has to aim for the specific parts.

- As I said before, 155mm, and T95 with it, still possess that legendary fear factor, but not to the extent it once used to. I have this tank since beginning of September 2011 (2 or 3 weeks after German E-series arrived) and I can tell you this fear factor is diminishing with every patch and every day. Just today I got twice charged, which almost never happened in 2011.

- Of my last 135 battles, 88 were T10 battles. 65.2% of my battles. I know its rather small sample, but i'm playing T95 for quite some time and I know it's not biased. T95 more often ends up in T10 battles than T9. But I said it before, yes T110E3 has more battles like this, because it can see only two battle tiers. But T95 has its fair share too.

- Well, I can't say I always go for maximum damage. It always depends on situation. For example I almost always prefer to kill high tier arty first, even though it has only 500 HP or something. Also sometimes when two tanks are driving towards me, I usually choose to kill the one with lower HP first, so as instead of possibly getting flanked by two tanks, I will face only one. It all depends on the current situation. But it's perfectly ok, that you have better win ratio. You deal more damage per battle than me and after all you are a unicum. :smile:

What I don't get is why mine is so low. I met two other unicum players with T95 and checked their stats after the battle. Both had some 500 avg. dmg. per battle less than me, way less kills per battle, not to mention surviv. ratio 8% less. And accuracy some 5-7% less IIRC. But their WR was 60% in both cases. And one of them even accused me of camping, even though I was moving the entire battle, but unfortunately I chose the wrong flank, where there were no enemies. It feels terribly that such an ignorant and incompetent (well, incompetent in T95, otherwise he had good stats) player has higher WR than I do.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I really try my best. Sometimes I play conventionally, sometimes I play aggressively and try innovative tactics. But I keep on losing. Now my WR fell to 54%. For example on Live Oaks map I stayed on the hill between the town and our base, so as to support north advance and at the same time keep an eye on base. Our north flank completely dissolves, then when they attacked, they spotted me and their arty finished me. So next time I was on that map, I went to the city to soak up the damage and help heavies to push. But our south flank was routed and I couldn't reach our base on time to stop the cap. And it's always like this. I support one flank and the other fails. Then the tanks from my flank either rush to enemies' base and die or rush to defend and die and I'm left alone. Gang raped.

And that's why I want buff for this tank. I understand that we will probably never get speed or acceleration buff. Even though T110E3 and both Fochs show that it wouldn't necessarily make T95 OP. They have only slightly worse armor and I am not asking for their mobility. T28's would suffice. So that's why I want either a new gun (something like JT has) or buffs to the current one. If it makes T95 OP, they can simply reverse it back. That's what test servers are for. But devs should do something about this tank. There is a reason why it's one the least played high tier TDs. I checked stats and there is even more Tortoises than T95s right now. The only line that is even less popular than T95's, is the second Russian line.

Edited by hazzin, 03 May 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Jaspodasilva #13 Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21720 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Posthazzin, on 03 May 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I really try my best. Sometimes I play conventionally, sometimes I play aggressively and try innovative tactics. But I keep on losing. Now my WR fell to 54%. For example on Live Oaks map I stayed on the hill between the town and our base, so as to support north advance and at the same time keep an eye on base. Our north flank completely dissolves, then when they attacked, they spotted me and their arty finished me. So next time I was on that map, I went to the city to soak up the damage and help heavies to push. But our south flank was routed and I couldn't reach our base on time to stop the cap. And it's always like this. I support one flank and the other fails. Then the tanks from my flank either rush to enemies' base and die or rush to defend and die and I'm left alone. Gang raped.

Of course I can't be sure of this but as I see it, most of the players that have a 60% winrate or more play a lot of their games either in Platoons or in team play. If you play most of your games alone IMO a 54% winrate is good. Especially with a tank as slow as T95.

And as I said I can't prove this but I just wanted to say my opinion because it seems that you are a good player who wants to think ahead...not just go and kill. And this is a attitude I like in other players(team mates and opponents). Keep on playin'! ;)

hazzin #14 Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15859 battles

View PostJaspodasilva, on 06 May 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Of course I can't be sure of this but as I see it, most of the players that have a 60% winrate or more play a lot of their games either in Platoons or in team play. If you play most of your games alone IMO a 54% winrate is good. Especially with a tank as slow as T95.

And as I said I can't prove this but I just wanted to say my opinion because it seems that you are a good player who wants to think ahead...not just go and kill. And this is a attitude I like in other players(team mates and opponents). Keep on playin'! ;)
Most of my T95 battles are solo. Some 30 or something were in platoons and although T95 benefits from them greatly, I don't like to bring it along. It feels like I am more of a burden to my platoon mates. They either have to stick with me and camp sometimes or go alone, where I can't support them, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

But as you can see, Gehakte has 64% WR playing only solo pubs. Yeah, maybe it's true that those players I mentioned were platooning. Still mine is very low. And it is decreasing. I had 55%, close to 56%, and now it have fallen to 54%. And with my amount of battles (2300-ish), it's not like I had one bad day and lost 10 more battles than usual. It was more like several dozens of battles...

btw thanks for the praise, but i'm not that good :smile:

Jaspodasilva #15 Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21720 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Posthazzin, on 06 May 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Most of my T95 battles are solo. Some 30 or something were in platoons and although T95 benefits from them greatly, I don't like to bring it along. It feels like I am more of a burden to my platoon mates. They either have to stick with me and camp sometimes or go alone, where I can't support them, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

But as you can see, Gehakte has 64% WR playing only solo pubs. Yeah, maybe it's true that those players I mentioned were platooning. Still mine is very low. And it is decreasing. I had 55%, close to 56%, and now it have fallen to 54%. And with my amount of battles (2300-ish), it's not like I had one bad day and lost 10 more battles than usual. It was more like several dozens of battles...

btw thanks for the praise, but i'm not that good :smile:
:smile:  I found this link, and even though I have only couple of thousand games total played I agree almost everything this guy is saying:
http://forum.worldof...rate-explained/

I'm not saying GehakteMolen is a bad player...no, he seems a really good player, but he has played less than 200 games in T95..let's wait and see how it goes from here :) If he truly plays most of his games alone in this thing and keeps the T95 winrate at 60% after 500 games with it, I'll have my respects at him even more!  :great:
Hazzin, maybe now your winrate has started to decrease because the gold ammo usage is available for silver nowadays. You have so many games in T95 that I bet you have played most of them before the "freeing of Gold Ammo". Ok, I'm just guessing, don't know for sure  :smile:

And about the topic, thank you GehakteMolen for starting it and for the great text. It was fun to read! I just started my career with T95 but like it a lot already, even though it gives a great amount of frustrations sometimes  :teethhappy:

Edited by Jaspodasilva, 07 May 2013 - 07:27 AM.

Rosetta_and_Philae #16 Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50692 battles
  • [WTFX] WTFX
Posted Image
Posted Image

An experienced T95 can totally decimate the enemy team if given half the chance, I name this replay "To The End"
Enjoy the replay.

http://mwreplays.com/newreplaysimg/f8e245fb1c503ba049eeb681e6f7432c.png

SoulCry #17 Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9549 battles
Yeah, T95 is good BUT check this one out :)

As it was last tank I really enjoyed kicking its teeth in and getting my Top Gun medal because it pissed me of greatly!! Btw, this one was 1vs1...

Rosetta_and_Philae #18 Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50692 battles
  • [WTFX] WTFX
You would have to be sneaky to put down my T95, get within my range of fire and it could all be over for the little one :blinky:

Edited by TorontoTankt0ps, 07 May 2013 - 11:33 AM.

SoulCry #19 Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9549 battles

View PostTorontoTankt0ps, on 07 May 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

You would have to be sneaky to put down my T95, get within my range of fire and it could all be over for the little one :blinky:

I bet Tiger1972 thought the same  :blinky: He was at 100% hp and just destroyed noob Obj704. "Little" 13 90 can't be much of a threat...and then the cold shower followed by catching some fire  :smile:

hazzin #20 Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15859 battles

View PostJaspodasilva, on 07 May 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hazzin, maybe now your winrate has started to decrease because the gold ammo usage is available for silver nowadays. You have so many games in T95 that I bet you have played most of them before the "freeing of Gold Ammo". Ok, I'm just guessing, don't know for sure  :smile:
I don't think gold ammo changed that much. I don't think it's so much widespread. Yeah, sure, some guys do use them, but my T95 still dies more to the gang rape at the end of battle, than face-to-face with some other tank.
Imho it is more of a combination of all things. The first time I had played with T95 (Sept. 2011), German E-series just came out. There were no T5 scouts (no T-50-2), no French, T-30 was still US T10 tank, IS-4 was T9 (btw it used to be the easiest tank to ammo rack if you hit the right spot at the front). I don't think any single patch changed that much about T95. I remember when French were about to come out, everyone was saying that T95 is gonna suck. It won't be able to cope with all those fast Frenchies with their revolvers. But it did just fine. Yeah, from time to time I got killed by those pesky little AMX, but overall nothing changed that much. I bet you could still find those threads if you looked hard through this section. :smile:  But now after so many small and it seemed insignificant indirect nerfs, T95 is not the same anymore, or more precisely the world around T95 is not the same anymore. Tanks are faster, with better guns. Back then everyone was saying that T95 can't get speed or mobility buff or it would become OP. But since then you have both Fochs, which have great mobility and not that much worse armor. Or T110E3.
Maybe the only patch that really did mess up with T95 was 8.0 (physics) and the subsequent redesign of maps. El-halluf used to be at least playable, but now it's pure hell. Not to mention that T95 traded off its acceleration (which it now loses on every bit of uneven ground and those walls, those stupid small stone walls, which you can even cross, not unless someone is pushing you) for extra 2 km/h when going downhill. :sad:

Also tagged with T95, TD, US, steelwall, attack, gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users