Anniversary Limited Edition T-Shirt!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Don’t miss this special t-shirt, designed especially for the World of Tanks European server’s second anniversary!

Full news text

Tommy_The_Gunn #2 Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 65943 battles
Never mind the t-shirt, I have more important question for admins; what is "total war contest" that started today?

Edited by Tommy_The_Gunn, 12 April 2013 - 09:46 AM.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #3 Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
I could simply make one in the next few days exactly the same as that and wear it for 1x less but hey WG i appreciate the offer but your not getting my wallet  :teethhappy: .

Basim_90 #4 Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 53810 battles
T-skirt my my my

Ronineter #5 Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18025 battles
  • [READ] READ
Not even free like That t-shirt the Americans got last year.  And the delivery taxes are to expensive to ship it to europe.

purplehayes #6 Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35568 battles
20 beans plus you're having a giraffe WG and I bet all the labels are Fruit of the Loom!

RogDodgeUK #7 Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Player

• Player
  • 10827 battles
I've bought one so will see what it is like when it arrives. Total £30 including shipping, so in my opinion not bad considering one can pay a similar price, if not more for a T-shirt from one of the many shops here that sell similar branded stuff. Games Workshop used to sell T-shirts with a small  logo on their tops for £25. War hammer t-shirts similar priced, so again, overall not too bad. Will see if it falls apart after the first wash (when i get it), then judgement can be made on it's quality.

2alertred #8 Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17582 battles
A T-Shirt???
Limited tank would be much better. (something we dont have yet).

Darkrenown #9 Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22883 battles
I thought this was a free shirt like the US got. Nope, £30!

LiannaSilverwind #10 Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 5460 battles
  • [JOKE] JOKE
Seemed bit depressive to me - very dark, and those candles on the grave...

RogDodgeUK #11 Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Player

• Player
  • 10827 battles
Like i said, i dont mind the cost, considering the cost of the majority of logo/motif/picture t-shirts . I bet the majority of players own a couple of t-shirts that cost the same as the anniversary one but do not realise it because they never bought the t-shirt themselves, or, they did buy ones at the same or similar  price but just like to complain because they know they can.

Zegrze #12 Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23254 battles
Hmm, I dont know why the Tshirt is 30 GBP in UK, I just ordered one XXL to be sent to me here in Poland here is the cost (I have translated the Polish and converted the currency at today's mid course rates):

Suma częściowa: 22,99 zl (Item cost 4.74 GBP)
Wysyłka i dostawa: 29,21 zl (Delivery 6.02 GBP)
Suma końcowa: 52,20 zl (Total 10.76 GBP)

Maybe it is made here in Poland and shipped from here, who knows. If it being sent from within Poland I would say the only thing expensive about this is the courier cost is about a pound or two more expensive than I would expect.

EDIT:

HOLY CRAP!!! Someone at Jinx has screwed up big time, I just checked all their prices for this item, the USD, GBP, EURO and PLN costs are all the same number regardless of currency  :teethhappy:

I checked the German and Spanish section and prices are given in USD as they do not seem to be working, you can only access EURO prices if you select French as your language choice.

Ah well, thanks for the cheap T-shirt guys, glad I printed the invoice.

EDIT 2:

Just checked with my bank, here is what I paid as shown on my online account

12.04.2013 19.04.2013 Zabezpieczenie transakcji kartowej 52,20 PLN JINX INC. SAN DIEGO US

EDIT 3:

Their website is screwed up, the language selection drop down field that should take you to the prices and language by region is not working as it should, sometimes when you select whatever region you want it keeps defaulting to US English, keep trying or reloading page till it does change to the language or region you want (for cheap T shirts you should make this Poland/Polski, for expensive T shirts choose any other  :teethhappy: )

I checked and it seems possible to order through the Polish page at the cheap Polish price and yet still be able to send to an address anywhere you want even if it is in a different country.

Edited by Zegrze, 12 April 2013 - 11:45 AM.

RogDodgeUK #13 Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Player

• Player
  • 10827 battles

View PostZegrze, on 12 April 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

Hmm, I dont know why the Tshirt is 30 GBP in UK, I just ordered one XXL to be sent to me here in Poland here is the cost (I have translated the Polish and converted the currency at today's mid course rates):

Suma częściowa: 22,99 zl (Item cost 4.74 GBP)
Wysyłka i dostawa: 29,21 zl (Delivery 6.02 GBP)
Suma końcowa: 52,20 zl (Total 10.76 GBP)

Maybe it is made here in Poland and shipped from here, who knows. If it being sent from within Poland I would say the only thing expensive about this is the courier cost is about a pound or two more expensive than I would expect.

EDIT:

HOLY CRAP!!! Someone at Jinx has screwed up big time, I just checked all their prices for this item, the USD, GBP, EURO and PLN costs are all the same number regardless of currency  :teethhappy:

I checked the German and Spanish section and prices are given in USD as they do not seem to be working, you can only access EURO prices if you select French as your language choice.

Ah well, thanks for the cheap T-shirt guys, glad I printed the invoice.

EDIT 2:

Just checked with my bank, here is what I paid as shown on my online account

12.04.2013 19.04.2013 Zabezpieczenie transakcji kartowej 52,20 PLN JINX INC. SAN DIEGO US

£22.99 for shirt
£8 for international standard shipping

ok so abit over my original £30 posting, but if you  go by exchange rates, yes it would have been cheaper for me  to buy in PL and get it shipped to the UK. Thing is, according to the invoice, it is going to take about a month to arrive.

Edited by RogDodgeUK, 12 April 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Zegrze #14 Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23254 battles
To be fair to them, I have contacted them by email using their bug report feature on their contact section of their website, I have not given specific info to them but left my contact email and phone number if they do want the specific information to save themselves from losing a lot of money. If they respond quickly they should not lose too much, if they are laggards with regards to communication then their losses are their problems.

The problem for them is that they have just applied the same cost in figures to all currencies, the differences between USD, EURO and GBP work in their favour slightly however someone seems to have not realised that there are approx 5 PLN or zl/zloty to the GBP and approx, 4 PLN or zl/zloty to the USD.

That is a huge mistake, it is not a simple currency error, you paid 22.99 GBP for your shirt, I paid 4.74 GBP for mine, bang goes any sort of margin or profit for them if they don't rectify their error.

This is what I sent them:

Guys, you have a bug with regards to international prices that could potentially end up losing you a lot of money very quickly in the next couple of days.
This specifically relates to a certain T shirt that is being sold as from today.
I won't go in to details now as I have to go to work in a few minutes, but if you don't want to lose money, call me on +48 *** *** *** (Poland) and I will give you full details as to where the problem is.

All of their other products I have checked are priced in PLN at the correct rate of approx 64 PLN.

Edited by Zegrze, 12 April 2013 - 12:07 PM.

RogDodgeUK #15 Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Player

• Player
  • 10827 battles

View PostZegrze, on 12 April 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

To be fair to them, I have contacted them by email using their bug report feature on their contact section of their website, I have not given specific info to them but left my contact email and phone number if they do want the specific information to save themselves from losing a lot of money. If they respond quickly they should not lose too much, if they are laggards with regards to communication then their losses are their problems.

The problem for them is that they have just applied the same cost in figures to all currencies, the differences between USD, EURO and GBP work in their favour slightly however someone seems to have not realised that there are approx 5 PLN or zl/zloty to the GBP and approx, 4 PLN or zl/zloty to the USD.

That is a huge mistake, it is not a simple currency error, you paid 22.99 GBP for your shirt, I paid 4.74 GBP for mine, bang goes any sort of margin or profit for them if they don't rectify their error.

This is what I sent them:

Guys, you have a bug with regards to international prices that could potentially end up losing you a lot of money very quickly in the next couple of days.
This specifically relates to a certain T shirt that is being sold as from today.
I won't go in to details now as I have to go to work in a few minutes, but if you don't want to lose money, call me on +48 *** *** *** (Poland) and I will give you full details as to where the problem is.

All of their other products I have checked are priced in PLN at the correct rate of approx 64 PLN.

I notice they have changed it now to 68.99  PLN. So i wonder if they will honour your sale.

Muzikants #16 Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17794 battles
At first I thought they were giving a certan amount of t-shirts for free, but ofcourse it WG nothing comes free in the end!

J00F #17 Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13022 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostRogDodgeUK, on 12 April 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

£22.99 for shirt
£8 for international standard shipping

ok so abit over my original £30 posting, but if you  go by exchange rates, yes it would have been cheaper for me  to buy in PL and get it shipped to the UK. Thing is, according to the invoice, it is going to take about a month to arrive.

Less than month. 1-2 weeks .

Zegrze #18 Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23254 battles

View PostRogDodgeUK, on 12 April 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I notice they have changed it now to 68.99  PLN. So i wonder if they will honour your sale.

Well, they can honour it or not, I have a receipt of sale and bank transfer details, If they choose not to honour it, I do not get a T-shirt but will get my money back in full. I think I can live without another T-shirt :)

Grats to them on getting it sorted out, I wonder who is in the crap tonight for making such a silly mistake in the first place.

Edited by Zegrze, 12 April 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Warthog_DK #19 Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47622 battles
I'm sorry, but can not use your energy to make a better MM, I think it's incredible to see so many who can 't figure out how to support and cover their tank, specially when you hold x3 or x5............

plz WG, do something fast..........it killing the game !!!

Ikarases #20 Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9439 battles
  • [PR_PH] PR_PH
I guess everybody here was expecting something better from the anniversary. I´m not saying you should give it to every player with +10k battles for being loyal to this game, but I can get two quality T-shirts for this price with something funnier or just better on them. Two candles on a WoT logo with three tanks below it isn´t all that creative. Why there isn´t anything on the back? I´d make some epicness (and epicness isn´t an artwork you already have in your login menu) on the front and something expressing these two years on the back.

No premium tank, no free gold and bigger discounts/incomes were somewhat expected from such a big event. There is nothing much to celebrate for me, although I might buy an SU-14 (I don´t know where did you get that idea of S-51 not being an arty; I´d buy it rather than SU-14) and after some matches mount the 203mm howitzer. But why not discount every tank in the game? Tier II-V vehicles by 50%, tier VI-VIII by 30% and tier IX-X by 15%? Now that would be better than x5 XP, which cause the forum be flooded by "noobteam lost me a 5k XP game" etc. topics. Both doubles/triples/quintuples and 50% XP bonus for win (milestones - see my sig) are in my opinion a bad idea and this system obviously encourages botting/AFKing/leeching.

I got offtopic a little, but later you´ll get to a stage when you´ll beg us to buy anything, even in 75% discount, if you keep ignoring the forum community. And this game being +7? Now that is some joke...

Edited by Ikarases, 13 April 2013 - 01:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users