Jump to content


Welcome Rookies to World of Tanks!


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,487
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Do you want to become a master Commander? Find everything you need to get started here!

Full news text

Cobra6 #2 Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • 15,017
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010
What is happening on the forums, it continuesly errors for me =/

Some nice guides on there I hadn't seen yet! Or did you add anything completely new?

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 15 April 2013 - 05:10 PM.


GordonRamsay #3 Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13163 battles
  • 517
  • Member since:
    01-05-2012
[moderated]

Edited by Hunter1911, 15 April 2013 - 06:40 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Hunter1911


Breitkeil #4 Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14311 battles
  • 647
  • Member since:
    11-27-2011
Battle Chat
  • Press ENTER to activate the chat
  • Press ENTER to send a message to your team
  • Cycle through message recipients (team, all, platoon) by pressing ALT
  • Press ESC or left-click once outside the chat window to exit the chat

Shouldn't that be: by pressing TAB ?

Edited by Breitkeil, 16 April 2013 - 01:25 AM.


Tomatosaurus #5 Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17560 battles
  • 212
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

Quote

...in which you can enjoy intensive tank-on-tank combat

And if you're more into point-and-click adventures, there is arty for you!

Ubersoldat49 #6 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5834 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostCommunity, on 15 April 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Depending on your gameplay preferences, you can choose from five different categories of legendary and historically accurate vehicles.

Full news text
oh lord, that one made me laugh.

Edited by Hunter1911, 15 April 2013 - 06:56 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Hunter1911


Medjed #7 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25496 battles
  • 711
  • [S1MP] S1MP
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011

View PostCommunity, on 15 April 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Depending on your gameplay preferences, you can choose from five different categories of legendary and historically accurate vehicles.

[edited]

Edited by Kacsa1, 15 April 2013 - 06:59 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Kacsa1


IPaul72 #8 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8123 battles
  • 1,603
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012
Hello all
My I say welcome to all the newcomers here, We hope you have a good time with us  :great:
Happy Tanking

View PostCobra6, on 15 April 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

What is happening on the forums, it continuesly errors for me =/

Some nice guides on there I hadn't seen yet! Or did you add anything completely new?

Cobra 6
Hello Cobra 6
There are new guides added frequently and there will be more in coming very soon  :smile:
With the forums at the moment we are experiencing some technical difficulties which are being looked into as we speak and will be fixed ASAP  :blinky:
KInd Regards all
IPaul72

Schmeksiman #9 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16275 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012
Welcome guys and girls!

Unfortunately, WoT does not have a comprehensive tutorial for 2 years so those 10% of you reading this will have to search the forums and kind players making tutorials on YouTube.
Unless you're that 1% that will carefully read the whole WoT wiki and memorise how this game works your first 1,5k battles will be completely confusing and frustrating to some extent. Not to mention chat spam, abuse teamkilling and other similar situations you're not familiar how to deal with. Feel free to rage post on the forums when your poor little tier IV tank gets into tier VIII match since no developer had the decency to implement the matchmaking chart into the game, not even classify a tank as a "scout".
Once you spend some time you will realise how things do(n't) work around here, how our dear developers listen to the opinion of the community, especially other than RU server, how every server is treated equally and russians will always greet their NA and EU comrades when together on the test server. Did I mention how questions from players are answered here on the forums daily and players can contribute to the game by applying for WoT supertest? No? Well now you know.


Sarcasm aside, what can you do to get familiar with the game? Ask on the forums, constructive questions are answered quickly giving you needed information. You can search for your own language section or post here in english(!) as moderators and players here tend to be friendly and helpful.

Example of an useless and idiotic topic:

"Tier 4 vs tier 8 FU MM and noobs"

- you will just get negrepped and topic will be closed very soon

Example of a valid topic:

"Why is my light tank getting into high tier matches?"


Ask, read Wiki, watch Youtube tutorials and use your brain.

See you on the battlefield!

NERDST3R #10 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19661 battles
  • 1,042
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011
Why don't you just put this link on the homepage http://wiki.worldoft...attle_Mechanics

That is the stuff you need to learn, the rest comes down to experience. Problem is that most people are too lazy to read it I guess.

gen1je #11 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 23600 battles
  • 596
  • [SBITE] SBITE
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011
"There are also the regional contests, if you want to become an active part of the community and win prizes perm ban."
fixed

HelHammer #12 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 69137 battles
  • 483
  • [G-ON] G-ON
  • Member since:
    12-06-2010
as a matter of fact do you really think that newcomers read the forum ??? :glasses:

IPaul72 #13 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8123 battles
  • 1,603
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

View PostSchmeksiman, on 15 April 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Welcome guys and girls!

Unfortunately, WoT does not have a comprehensive tutorial for 2 years so those 10% of you reading this will have to search the forums and kind players making tutorials on YouTube.
Unless you're that 1% that will carefully read the whole WoT wiki and memorise how this game works your first 1,5k battles will be completely confusing and frustrating to some extent. Not to mention chat spam, abuse teamkilling and other similar situations you're not familiar how to deal with. Feel free to rage post on the forums when your poor little tier IV tank gets into tier VIII match since no developer had the decency to implement the matchmaking chart into the game, not even classify a tank as a "scout".
Once you spend some time you will realise how things do(n't) work around here, how our dear developers listen to the opinion of the community, especially other than RU server, how every server is treated equally and russians will always greet their NA and EU comrades when together on the test server. Did I mention how questions from players are answered here on the forums daily and players can contribute to the game by applying for WoT supertest? No? Well now you know.


Sarcasm aside, what can you do to get familiar with the game? Ask on the forums, constructive questions are answered quickly giving you needed information. You can search for your own language section or post here in english(!) as moderators and players here tend to be friendly and helpful.

Example of an useless and idiotic topic:

"Tier 4 vs tier 8 FU MM and noobs"

- you will just get negrepped and topic will be closed very soon

Example of a valid topic:

"Why is my light tank getting into high tier matches?"


Ask, read Wiki, watch Youtube tutorials and use your brain.

See you on the battlefield!
Hello there Schmeksiman
Thank you for the post, However as you may have noticed, this is something that we are working towards and also changing the structure for learning welcomed newcomers in WoT.
Since last year we have been working with the community and also working ourselves in a plan on making guides simple and detailed, as the weeks pass there will be more up coming and available :smile:
Regards

View PostNERDST3R, on 15 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Why don't you just put this link on the homepage http://wiki.worldoft...attle_Mechanics

That is the stuff you need to learn, the rest comes down to experience. Problem is that most people are too lazy to read it I guess.
Hello NERDST3R
I agree this is important reading however there is also video guide posted in the guides section for newcomers as well.  :smile:
KInd Regards All
IPaul72

IPaul72 #14 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8123 battles
  • 1,603
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

View PostHelHammer, on 15 April 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

as a matter of fact do you really think that newcomers read the forum ??? :glasses:
Hello there HelHammer
I do yes, like all of us did when we started and had questions that we couldn't find answers to, this is where you come to be an active part of the community. :smile:
Kind Regards
IPaul72

HelHammer #15 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 69137 battles
  • 483
  • [G-ON] G-ON
  • Member since:
    12-06-2010

View PostIPaul72, on 15 April 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Hello there HelHammer
I do yes, like all of us did when we started and had questions that we couldn't find answers to, this is where you come to be an active part of the community. :smile:
Kind Regards
IPaul72
Oki and then tell me why i see players even in tier X that they have no clue how to play ???
i have no problem whit them as long as they are in the enemy team ....but they are  always in my team ..........

Edited by HelHammer, 15 April 2013 - 07:10 PM.


WarxOfx23th #16 Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10063 battles
  • 350
  • Member since:
    08-15-2012
Hehe, welcome new tankers.

IPaul72 #17 Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8123 battles
  • 1,603
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

View PostHelHammer, on 15 April 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Oki and then tell me why i see players even in tier X that they have no clue how to play ???
i have no problem whit them as long as they are in the enemy team ....but they are  always in my team ..........
Hello again HelHammer
Well that's obviously because they didn't take the time to learn, I think this English saying would fit this "you can take an horse to water but you can't make him drink"  :smile:
Kind Regards
IPaul72

Schmeksiman #18 Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16275 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostIPaul72, on 15 April 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Hello there Schmeksiman
Thank you for the post, However as you may have noticed, this is something that we are working towards and also changing the structure for learning welcomed newcomers in WoT.
Since last year we have been working with the community and also working ourselves in a plan on making guides simple and detailed, as the weeks pass there will be more up coming and available :smile:
Regards

Kudos to you IPaul, you are the one willing to help, willingly answering to players and providing players with helpful tips. I do appreciate your effort and everyone in this project, as a matter of fact I am willing to help anyone asking nicely, write guides and share my personal experience because this is the first step to better teams and more enjoyable gameplay. But unfortunately this will not have an impact that seems to be expected on your side and here's why:
  • Players simply don't read the forums
  • As said, we don't have a comprehensive in-game tutorial
Ad 1)
This is a free to play game and therefore it suffers form "free-to-play syndrome" - 70% of players will not read the forum unless it is absolutely necessary. Yes all of us started but this makes us an exception, above average players actually willing to improve.
When an average players need answers (I do know one personally) he'll just play the game until he understands. If he doesn't get it, oh well he'll just play regardless, why should he waste his time here when he could be playing. Unless you heavily advertise it on the main site the impact will be underwhelming.

Ad 2)
And this is the fault of the developers, the current tutorial in not enough. It is a step in the right direction, but pointless if we have to wait another year for the second part. I wrote my opinion in this thread, so I'm posting the link to avoid wall of text: My turn on how to improve gameplay

To sum it up, I support your idea 100%, but make it more visible, if not mandatory to read. Or else it won't be effective as it should be.

HelHammer #19 Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 69137 battles
  • 483
  • [G-ON] G-ON
  • Member since:
    12-06-2010

View PostIPaul72, on 15 April 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

"you can take an horse to water but you can't make him drink"  :smile:
Kind Regards
IPaul72
This is good  :teethhappy:
But the game still lacks a proper in game battle tutorial........

Black_Bird_1990 #20 Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2065 battles
  • 429
  • Member since:
    08-02-2011
[moderated]

Edited by Hunter1911, 15 April 2013 - 10:42 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Hunter1911





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users