• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Ludo787 #1 Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18612 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Good day all!

I guess this idea has been discussed before but I'll try to go deeper and make specific suggestions.
The idea came to my mind while I was looking for information about future improvements in WoT, which possibly include the comeback of the Soviet M3 LL as future tutorial gift. The source seems to be quite trustfull so we can (maybe) expect to get some new tutorials:

I will now show you my thoughts about tutorials relying to tank categories, how they would work and possible rewards.

-The rewards can only be won once.

-The current tutorial would stay as basic knowledge of the game.

-Light Tanks (scouts):

-Map: Steppes
Open fields where you can use speed and mobility to avoid ennemy shots (ennemy shots as option), good locations to hide and wait for the next step.

-Tanks: M5A1 Stuart or T-50, fast, maneuvrable, common scouts and also good flankers.

-Roles:
  -Active scouting: finding targets and avoiding their shots, knowledge of ennemy arty position (and destroying them), hiding.
  -Passive scouting: flanking (flanking a Jagdpanther maybe), ennemy scout interception (intercepting an ELC AMX, place two shots and try to ram).

-Reward: 5 000 credits, 250 free XP.

-Medium Tanks:

-Map: Abbey
Three main flanks, support of medium tanks needed, fast movements to help teammates.

-Tanks: M4A3E8 or T-34-85 (as used in basic tutorial), quite fast, maneuvrable, decent guns.

-Roles:
  -Support: a heavy needs help defending a flank, you come and flank the ennemy (let's say a TD without turret), then you have to rush to the city and find a way to help another tank like coming from ennmy's back in a surprise attack.
  -Learn to choose your targets (a Tiger II front or a Hellcat in open field?), use the tank's speed and maneuvrability to survive.

-Reward: 7500 credits, 300 free XP.

-Heavy Tanks:

-Map: El-Halluf(?)
Possibility to hull-down, open-field, but I'm still not sure about the right map.

-Tanks: KV-1, T1 HT or even T29 (for the hull-down, a good example).

-Roles:
  -The hull-down position! Learn to hull-down and see what it brings you, it also teaches you to take the ennemy's look it has at you, can he get my sides or am I really hull-down (more about the feeling). The T29 would be a perfect match for the hull-down.
  -Knowing where to go, push or def? Looking for the weak spots and using your gun in a right manner (short or long range, choose your target).
  -Angling your armor: KV-1 or T1 HT should be sufficient for this one, but it could be difficult to implement.

-Reward: 10 000 credits, 500 free XP. Maybe the M3 LL gift tank.

-Tank Destroyers:

-Map: Ruinberg
Good locations for TDs (destroyed houses) and open field with bushes, for long ranges.

-Tanks: StuG III or S-35CA (17pdr), as an option, the Jackson as turreted TD.

-Roles:
  -Looking for good spots, find a place to camp and wait for your dinner (destroyed house facade).
  -Aiming (extremely important as many new players ignore the aim circle, I was one of them sadly), maybe new weakspots (cupolas, driver's position, etc...).
  -Hide your tank in open fields, like bushes, fences. Shot and hide, come back and shot again, then hide.
  -(option): defend yourself against a flanker, turn in the right direction and avoid his shots, maybe the players could learn to use the repair kit when tracks brake!

-Turreted TD (option): Same as regular TD basics, just with turret so different playstyle.

-Reward: 7500 credits, 300 free XP.

-SPGs/ Artillerie:

-Map: Malinovka(?)
Open fields, easy to get ennemies that can't hide. Easy to hide in forest.

-Tanks: Lorraine 39L AM (fast reload, aiming and good range) or Grille (better dmg, adavanced arty, increased range compared to Lorr.).

-Roles:
-Hide, in a bush, behind a house.
-Learn to aim, be patient and choose your targets.
-Move after everyshot so ennemy arty can't trace you. Also try to trace ennemy arty (with Grille easier than Lorr.).
-Defend yourself against a scout, a M5 Stuart comes (which has no ammo of course) and you have direct shot him.
-Tell the scouts where to scout: to learn how to use the "D6, E2", etc... You click on the map, like "A4" and a T-50 goes there to spot ennemies, you have to kill at least one  spotted ennemy.

-Reward: 5000 credits, 250 free XP.

I put the M3 LL to the heavy branch as the heavies are considered as the most important tanks ingame (others are just to support the heavies), also the M3 LL has nothing to due with scouts as it has a special MM and is not marked as scout (that's why you don't get so you don't use it for scout duty).
So, I hope my suggestions aren't old stories coming back and I'm awaiting your reactions and please add suggestions!

NOTE: As I am not allowed to post in Suggestions topic, I put it here, feel free to move it to the right place, thanks.

Edited by Ludo787, 17 April 2013 - 10:10 PM.

Widuking #2 Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3342 battles
really good idea, but looks like noone care about it, cause it's in off-top section
if this topic will not be moved, maybe someone could copy/paste it to suggestion section and just add that it's your idea?

Ludo787 #3 Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18612 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well, first of all, thank you for this (first) reply!  :smile:

I knew that the Off-Topic section wouldn't include my target audience, but you're right, wheter my topic gets moved or someone posts it in the suggestion page.

Thanks for your support!

Widuking #4 Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3342 battles
i found link you to this topic posted somewhere on the forum (probably sth about newcomers), so i read the suggestion and found it quite intersting idea
but since it looks like i'm the only one, i thought, that if you will agree i can post it as new topic in suggestions <ofc as your's topic> and add some of my thoughts below
tell me what you think about that

Ludo787 #5 Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18612 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I would very appreciate it if you could post it in the suggestion topic, even if it's just to show the idea of these category tutorials. You have my permission to post it.

Thanks a lot!  :great:

Widuking #6 Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3342 battles
thanks for your permission, i'll be happy to help you  :smile:

Also tagged with tutorial, light, medium, heavy, scout, tankdestroyer, arty, spg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users