Insults and abuse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

UsuallyAdo #1 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25876 battles
Right, I am getting completely hacked off at the amount of verbal abuse going on in this game!

I am a pretty calm and sane person but after a while even the most serene person can be worn down.

You know the situation ... 2 minutes into the game, you are doing your best but the game isn't going too well.

Then someone from your team that has died starts abusing the whole team calling you all noobs/idiots/morons or whatever.

That person thinks they know best and you should listen to them, accept being personally disrespected and insulted, shut up yourself and go to K3 or wherever so you can most likely die quickly following their master plan just like they did.

Now, I am not talking about the pleasant people that calmly offer advice and pointers to help coach the team.

I am talking about the ones who think it is acceptable to just stream abuse and spam.

I expect people will just reply to tell me to grow up/man up/get a thicker skin/play a different game/turn off in game chat etc.

The reality is, if it is not acceptable to do in real life then it is not acceptable to do in the game either and the in game chat is useful for teamwork.

I am no tough guy but I suspect alot of these abusers are not either and would never dare to treat others like this in real life.

Unless WOT finds a way to deal with this issue they are going to lose players that just get too fed up with, me included.

I don't expect anyone to care what I as a single player thinks, but I am sure I am indicative of a not insignificant proportion of players who feel this kind of behaviour just spoils the enjoyment of the game.

If I lose my rag and commit "team damage" then I will feel it justified.  If you get told where to shove it during a game when you start abusing then don't be surprised.

If I get banned for team damage or giving abuse back to those that started it then it will probably be a relief to me.
(Wow, World of Tanks, think about that last statement very carefully if you bother to monitor this forum!)

Flame away, I don't care, I am too angry and probably won't even bother to read the predictable replies anyway.

Edited by Orree, 23 April 2013 - 11:23 PM.
This post has been moved by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate original placement. ---Orree

RegularLogic #2 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 38519 battles
[EDIT]

Edited by Menda75, 21 April 2013 - 03:52 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent.Menda75

gelezinisNAGAS #3 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24850 battles
hold ctrl, right click abusers name, select "ignore" function, let him be alone in his lonley retarded world .

It helps me very much!:)

Edited by gelezinisNAGAS, 21 April 2013 - 03:25 PM.

NiemandXL #4 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles
Some teams are just bunches of morons and saying so is no abuse, but simply stating facts. Like when all heavies go lemming-afk-train one on side while the rest of the map is completely open. One of the worst things I ever seen was 3 tanks going lemming-train-diving. First idiot fell into the water and 2 other morons fallowed him to their death. Or once I saw an arty player managing to TK 3 tanks with a single hit.......

We are all humans (well except those damn afk bots!), and when you loose a few games in a row because of people that are apparently close to brain dead, it can be quite aggravating.

Edited by NiemandXL, 21 April 2013 - 03:32 PM.

HeadHunter424 #5 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20116 battles
Sometimes I curse too to vent frustration..but most of the time I feed info...to my teammates...where I see the remaining tank(s)...where is he going(just a guess - i did in his place) how many hp he has left...and such things...

dUG1 #6 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29873 battles

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

...calling you all noobs/idiots/morons or whatever.

Just want to add - while I am against it, most of the time it is well deserved:
https://lh6.googleus...8/leechers2.jpg

Leechers/afk/bots/windowlickers? Probably
But if you are one of those guys, who "plays for fun", by doing no damage in tier X tank or going afk in such match, what do you expect?

UsuallyAdo #7 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25876 battles

View PostgelezinisNAGAS, on 21 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

hold ctrl, right click abusers name, select "ignore" function, let him be alone in his lonley retarded world .

It helps me very much!:)

I tried that but I ran out of slots in the ignore list!  Why there is even a limit I do not know.

RD11 #8 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29938 battles
''Unless WOT finds a way to deal with this issue they are going to lose players that just get too fed up with, me included.''  WoT have far more bigger issues then ragefull kids

btw why u made this topic? noone force you to read what 7 year old kid thinks about ur team, is it so hard to ignore it ?

BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22869 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Flame away, I don't care, I am too angry and probably won't even bother to read the predictable replies anyway.
I feel cheated! :tongue:

Look, no one likes to see abuse in game but its there. If it bugs you so much just report them ingame.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
First things first: Please... learn how to use paragraphs.  :facepalm:

@ topic: Sometimes those guys are right, sometimes they are wrong. But still, heavy insults are inappropriate in any case.
Feel free to ignore those people.

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

I tried that but I ran out of slots in the ignore list!  Why there is even a limit I do not know.
People who run out of igno-slots definitely have some social problems. Just stop throwing every bugfart on your ignolist and learn to deal with it - which means to just ignore them or fight back (without using insults and stuff yourself).

Edited by Jigabachi, 21 April 2013 - 09:20 PM.

UsuallyAdo #11 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25876 battles

View PostNiemandXL, on 21 April 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Some teams are just bunches of morons and saying so is no abuse, but simply stating facts. Like when all heavies go lemming-afk-train one on side while the rest of the map is completely open. One of the worst things I ever seen was 3 tanks going lemming-train-diving. First idiot fell into the water and 2 other morons fallowed him to their death. Or once I saw an arty player managing to TK 3 tanks with a single hit.......

We are all humans (well except those damn afk bots!), and when you loose a few games in a row because of people that are apparently close to brain dead, it can be quite aggravating.

Name calling is abuse, pure and simple.  I agree some players are not as good as others and it can get frustrating but that is no reason to start abusing them.  Your attitude is that of a bully, although I am not saying that you are one, you are sounding like one.  Bullying is just plain wrong.

Some constructive advice: "loose" and "lose" are two different words that mean different things, you might want to look them up.

ypr765prco #12 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42566 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
or close ingame chat

UsuallyAdo #13 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25876 battles

View PostdUG1, on 21 April 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Just want to add - while I am against it, most of the time it is well deserved:
https://lh6.googleus...8/leechers2.jpg

Leechers/afk/bots/windowlickers? Probably
But if you are one of those guys, who "plays for fun", by doing no damage in tier X tank or going afk in such match, what do you expect?

I would have thought WOT could design into the system (along with the clever bonuses for achievements etc.) a way to deal with players who repeatedly afk or play way way beneath an reasonable standard for the tier level and spoil the game for others.  Perhaps temporary suspensions, credit fines, being restricted to lower tier games for a while or something?

Jigabachi #14 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postypr765prco, on 21 April 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

or close ingame chat
WG should instantly ban people who do that...

rep-edit:
Please guys... please do at least TRY to understand a comment before you hit that button.  :eyesup:
(I won't even ask for commenting it...)

I know that people don't like the ingamechat because of all the spamming, cursing and insulting... but please keep in mind that the chat is the only "tool" (besides the F-buttons) for tactical and strategical stuff. And what I hate most about the chat - even more than siemkas and raging kids - are people who don't answer at all. Be it due to stupidity, I-don't-care-ity or just because the disabled the whole chat.
To make it short: You pretty much duck up the last tiny bit of tactical/strategical potential the game has.

Edited by Jigabachi, 22 April 2013 - 12:02 AM.

UsuallyAdo #15 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25876 battles

View PostRD11, on 21 April 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

''Unless WOT finds a way to deal with this issue they are going to lose players that just get too fed up with, me included.''  WoT have far more bigger issues then ragefull kids

btw why u made this topic? noone force you to read what 7 year old kid thinks about ur team, is it so hard to ignore it ?

Pay careful attention to the original post and you will find the answer to your question.

UsuallyAdo #16 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25876 battles

View PostLeadbucket, on 21 April 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

I feel cheated! :tongue:

Look, no one likes to see abuse in game but its there. If it bugs you so much just report them ingame.

Does reporting do any good?  It doesn't seem to.

del502150176 #17 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22524 battles
"and the ingame chat is useful for teamwork" Sorry dude, not in this comunity. I had given up a loooong time ago on trying to coach and i am just your regular abuser now, who will indicate his rage in a totally braindead team. OP tell me how you teach zombies? Zombies have rotten brains. Rotten brains are unabble to function. Zombies play this game. Zombie players have no functioning brain. You are unable to teach zombie players with rotten brains.

gelezinisNAGAS #18 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24850 battles

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Just clear the list and start ignoring again. The ones that flamed you will no longer remmember you, if they do (posible online stalkers:D) just submit  a ticket for real life threat or something and WG may help:)

Edited by gelezinisNAGAS, 21 April 2013 - 03:52 PM.

UsuallyAdo #19 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25876 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 21 April 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

First things first: Please... learn how to use paragraphs.  :facepalm:

@ topic: Sometimes those guys are right, sometimes they are wrong. But still, heavy insults are inappropriate in any case.
Feel free to ignore those people.

People who run out of igno-slots definitely have some social problems. Just stop trowing every bugfart on your ignolist and learn to deal with it - which means to just ignore them or fight back (without using insults and stuff yourself).

Sorry about the paragraph thing but alot of people find proper paragraphs more difficult to read than single sentences separated by blank lines.  So I hardly use proper paragraphs these days, even at work.

Any abuse is unacceptable.

Lol, so you are saying that someone who spends many hours of their day playing an online tank battle game has some social problems? No shit Sherlock!

Next point?

Ishamel1 #20 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12236 battles
you read chat?  There is your problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users