• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

Sgt_Guffy #101 Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22889 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postaboch, on 22 April 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Here comes a moment that is indeed tricky. Many times a plan can be the win, than it can be a pure lose within 1 minute. Here is XVM of extreme use because you see how good that given player is that has a plan or idea.
But by the way, with your average and below average ratings, why do you think you have any BETTER tactical view than the guys TRYING to do something for the team sharing their plans at very least?!?!?!?!

This way of thinking is flawed.

Does a General need to be a swordmaster, or a sharpshooter to be a good General? Whilst it is beneficial be both a good shot and a good tactician, the lack of one or the other doesn't mean they are a bad player. A good tactician may look at the deployment  and decide, based on it, where the best place is to be on the map. Another player may not look at the "big picture"  but maybe adept at situational awareness and be able to react quickly to the situation they find themselves in. This is why players have differing abilities, one say a good scout, another a good sniper.

So a player who is a good shot, does not necessarily have a good plan!  Consequently "stat's" are not always a reliable way to determine a players judgement of a situation. That is why, particularly in randoms, it is better to place faith in your own judgement and be pleasantly surprised if someone elses plan works!

Have fun.  :smiles:

Edited by Sgt_Guffy, 22 April 2013 - 01:35 PM.

aboch #102 Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 21 April 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

WG should instantly ban people who do that...
rep-edit:
Please guys... please do at least TRY to understand a comment before you hit that button.  :eyesup:
(I won't even ask for commenting it...)

I know that people don't like the ingamechat because of all the spamming, cursing and insulting... but please keep in mind that the chat is the only "tool" (besides the F-buttons) for tactical and strategical stuff. And what I hate most about the chat - even more than siemkas and raging kids - are people who don't answer at all. Be it due to stupidity, I-don't-care-ity or just because the disabled the whole chat.
To make it short: You pretty much duck up the last tiny bit of tactical/strategical potential the game has.

You all here negrep him just because he says that having no chat should re a ban? Guys/Girls, it's just like that, everybody not using the chat is lacking ANY chance of improving and team playing. Just another example of the community lemming negrep train, lol. +1 from me by the way.

View Postkorpakukac, on 21 April 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

"and the ingame chat is useful for teamwork" Sorry dude, not in this comunity. I had given up a loooong time ago on trying to coach and i am just your regular abuser now, who will indicate his rage in a totally braindead team. OP tell me how you teach zombies? Zombies have rotten brains. Rotten brains are unabble to function. Zombies play this game. Zombie players have no functioning brain. You are unable to teach zombie players with rotten brains.

While i agree that the chat doesn't help always it helps often. Using the team chat to communicate with members can make the differnce in a battle, especially when you are alone in randoms and not platooned! It will mostly be a difference of around 5%+ you will win more.

View PostIshamel1, on 21 April 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

you read chat?  There is your problem.

Another bad player without chat. There is your problem, be a bad player forever.

View PostNiemandXL, on 21 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Naming things as what they are is no abuse, a stone is a stone, a house is a house, and an idiot is an idiot. I don't call a house anything but "house" and I see no reason why I should call an idiot something else either as it is the proper description of what he is.

Totally agree!

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I would favour an unwritten rule whereby anyone spouting any kind of abuse is immediately targetted by everyone on their team until knocked out and the game can continue.  True, it might result in a lost game but the abusers might start to realise their behaviour is not being tolerated and their own game is being ruined by their actions.

How about an unwritten rule that all that do nothing or nearly nothing for their team can be knocked out? How about everybody that stays in a bush more than 5 minutes gets a self explosion? How about everybody that drives less than 500 meter in the game (expect arty) gets knocked down? How about everybody that misses 10 shoots in a row gets knocked out? How about a voting system where every player can vote his team mate as worst and this one gets a 24 hours ban? How about every tank that doesn't deal at least 50% damage of his own HP gets knocked out? How about players that get the most noob/idiot comments get knocked out?
Dude, you are thinking about everyting but not improving your gameplay. Just believe me, there WON"T come any rescue until  you learn to play better, just realize it.

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Would you call that person an idiot to their face in real life?  If so then you are a bad mannered bully.  If not then you are a coward.  Either way you do not come out of it looking good do you?  Why do it in the game?
Why not try being a little more tolerant of your fellow human beings and their shortcomings?

Honestly, in real life i will call my team member an idiot when he just sits on the grass while 10 others of the soccer team try to win the game. I will call him even a total idiot if he doesn't move until other team members tell him to move.
Bad manners? No, i just learned in life to call things like they are. When a team member has ZERO understanding about team play, why the hell should i be nice to him? He is the reason the team has a handicap.

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Wow! So in school when kids get things wrong you suggest that their teachers should call them idiot or moron to help them learn?

Get somehow into 10th class and when your teacher asks you how much is 5 x 5 and you say each time 10 i'am pretty sure he will  call you an idiot. There is a trainingroom and tutorial to learn and do your own thing. People don't get called noobs or morons in Tier 1 or 3. Maybe people not being able to play higher should stay there and they avoid the problem, win win win situation for all.

View PostSgt_Guffy, on 21 April 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

I have stated on a number of occasions that WG can introduce a filtering system in their chat to remove most of the words that give offence. It is not that difficult and I've been on many forums and online games where this is done and it works just fine. The game is better for it. I'm aware that players can be inventive and find the loopholes, but if incidents are reported, which they are, WG can pick up on it and deal with it accordingly.

I think this would be a bad solution. It's principally very simple. When  you see a total noob/idiot you can at least call him such in chat. Without that i'am pretty sure many many people would just TK such players.

aboch #103 Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 21 April 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

WG should instantly ban people who do that...
rep-edit:
Please guys... please do at least TRY to understand a comment before you hit that button.
(I won't even ask for commenting it...)
I know that people don't like the ingamechat because of all the spamming, cursing and insulting... but please keep in mind that the chat is the only "tool" (besides the F-buttons) for tactical and strategical stuff. And what I hate most about the chat - even more than siemkas and raging kids - are people who don't answer at all. Be it due to stupidity, I-don't-care-ity or just because the disabled the whole chat.
To make it short: You pretty much duck up the last tiny bit of tactical/strategical potential the game has.
You all here negrep him just because he says that having no chat should re a ban? Guys/Girls, it's just like that, everybody not using the chat is lacking ANY chance of improving and team playing. Just another example of the community lemming negrep train, lol. +1 from me by the way.

View Postkorpakukac, on 21 April 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

"and the ingame chat is useful for teamwork" Sorry dude, not in this comunity. I had given up a loooong time ago on trying to coach and i am just your regular abuser now, who will indicate his rage in a totally braindead team. OP tell me how you teach zombies? Zombies have rotten brains. Rotten brains are unabble to function. Zombies play this game. Zombie players have no functioning brain. You are unable to teach zombie players with rotten brains.
While i agree that the chat doesn't help always it helps often. Using the team chat to communicate with members can make the differnce in a battle, especially when you are alone in randoms and not platooned! It will mostly be a difference of around 5%+ you will win more.

View PostIshamel1, on 21 April 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

you read chat?  There is your problem.
Another bad player without chat. There is your problem, be a bad player forever.

View PostNiemandXL, on 21 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Naming things as what they are is no abuse, a stone is a stone, a house is a house, and an idiot is an idiot. I don't call a house anything but "house" and I see no reason why I should call an idiot something else either as it is the proper description of what he is.
Totally agree!

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I would favour an unwritten rule whereby anyone spouting any kind of abuse is immediately targetted by everyone on their team until knocked out and the game can continue.  True, it might result in a lost game but the abusers might start to realise their behaviour is not being tolerated and their own game is being ruined by their actions.
How about an unwritten rule that all that do nothing or nearly nothing for their team can be knocked out? How about everybody that stays in a bush more than 5 minutes gets a self explosion? How about everybody that drives less than 500 meter in the game (expect arty) gets knocked down? How about everybody that misses 10 shoots in a row gets knocked out? How about a voting system where every player can vote his team mate as worst and this one gets a 24 hours ban? How about every tank that doesn't deal at least 50% damage of his own HP gets knocked out? How about players that get the most noob/idiot comments get knocked out?
Dude, you are thinking about everyting but not improving your gameplay. Just believe me, there WON"T come any rescue until  you learn to play better, just realize it.

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Would you call that person an idiot to their face in real life?  If so then you are a bad mannered bully.  If not then you are a coward.  Either way you do not come out of it looking good do you?  Why do it in the game?
Why not try being a little more tolerant of your fellow human beings and their shortcomings?
Honestly, in real life i will call my team member an idiot when he just sits on the grass while 10 others of the soccer team try to win the game. I will call him even a total idiot if he doesn't move until other team members tell him to move.
Bad manners? No, i just learned in life to call things like they are. When a team member has ZERO understanding about team play, why the hell should i be nice to him? He is the reason the team has a handicap.

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Wow! So in school when kids get things wrong you suggest that their teachers should call them idiot or moron to help them learn?
Get somehow into 10th class and when your teacher asks you how much is 5 x 5 and you say each time 10 i'am pretty sure he will  call you an idiot. There is a trainingroom and tutorial to learn and do your own thing. People don't get called noobs or morons in Tier 1 or 3. Maybe people not being able to play higher should stay there and they avoid the problem, win win win situation for all.

View PostSgt_Guffy, on 21 April 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

I have stated on a number of occasions that WG can introduce a filtering system in their chat to remove most of the words that give offence. It is not that difficult and I've been on many forums and online games where this is done and it works just fine. The game is better for it. I'm aware that players can be inventive and find the loopholes, but if incidents are reported, which they are, WG can pick up on it and deal with it accordingly.
I think this would be a bad solution. It's principally very simple. When  you see a total noob/idiot you can at least call him such in chat. Without that i'am pretty sure many many people would just TK such players.

Cheezix #104 Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38956 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostdUG1, on 21 April 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Just want to add - while I am against it, most of the time it is well deserved:
https://lh6.googleus...8/leechers2.jpg

Leechers/afk/bots/windowlickers? Probably
But if you are one of those guys, who "plays for fun", by doing no damage in tier X tank or going afk in such match, what do you expect?

I must admit that I can get frustrated as well when seeing my team failing epic time, while I had some kills and did my best to win the game. Problem here: most of the time people are NOT LOOKING ON THE MAP and often I try to wake up people, but the only reaction I get is "stop spamming".
Btw,  6 of the 10 tanks you mention here are scouts or arties. Those are known for often not doing any dmg in games. Scouts because they die before they shoot somebody. And arties because they miss most/all shots (especially in maps like Himmelsdorf). But I get your point and agree with it...

Only it doesn't change people when calling them noobs. They wont get any better you know..  :trollface:

Arpee78 #105 Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25736 battles

It is not true. Disabling chat help you for better win rate. Why?

95% chat useless. Abuse, spam, pointless suggestions. Only distract you, Annoys you, so you are going to make more mistakes.

I have pretty good winrate, thanks for the disabled chat. So it is highly recommended to disable it.

SaintCaboose #106 Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21598 battles
  • [CDS] CDS

View PostArpee78, on 22 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

It is not true. Disabling chat help you for better win rate. Why?

95% chat useless. Abuse, spam, pointless suggestions. Only distract you, Annoys you, so you are going to make more mistakes.

I have pretty good winrate, thanks for the disabled chat. So it is highly recommended to disable it.

disabling the chat wont help your winrate, unless you actually take what people say seriously, like "noob" and stuff, disabling it puts you at a disadvantage, as wether you want to believe it or not there are actually people that communicates properly. and if you're distracted by those dudes that spams and abuses then you have a problem.

Signal11th #107 Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43367 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Personally I see abuse and trolling as a valid in game tactic, if someone is busy typing a rage against my trolling he isn't looking at the screen. If you can't handle a bit of friendly banter don't play the game.

Edited by signal11th, 22 April 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Fayeed #108 Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22120 battles
  • [DURKA] DURKA
I dunno if the report function really works propper..

But what i do know is.... If you make a ticket..and submit screenshot..or Battle Replay... a real life Mod will look at it...and chances actions will be taken is bigger..

Personally i dislike going that route... but i will do it anyway, until more firm action is taking against verbal abusers, a single NOOB TEAM, from a  dead player dont really bother me...  But when we are talking the slightly more agresive offenders.... im submitting a ticket...eod

Gruminmor #109 Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14749 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
If you play like a retard, act like a retard or infact are a retard, I'll tell you.
Same goes for real life.
I am competitive, and I HATE it when Muppets ruin my game because they are so mentally challenged that they need personal assistance when it comes to feeding themselves. But to be fair, that rage only comes out when the Muppet in question has over 3k battles in his/her pocket. I leave newbies alone, cause we've all been there.
I

Arpee78 #110 Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25736 battles

View PostSaintCaboose, on 22 April 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

disabling the chat wont help your winrate, unless you actually take what people say seriously, like "noob" and stuff, disabling it puts you at a disadvantage, as wether you want to believe it or not there are actually people that communicates properly. and if you're distracted by those dudes that spams and abuses then you have a problem.

Most players are weaker than me, they can't tell any usefull for me. Included Gruminmor.

Sometimes the RNG does not like me, sometimes miscalculate and make mistakes like everyone, even the best one. But the abusive idiots filled the chat with or without cause. It does not bother them that they do statistically more frequent and more serious mistakes. Constructive and/or respectful criticism? That would be fine, but they're too stupid. They vocabulary: noob, moron, idiot, etc. Currently the chat pure abuse, not more.

I killed them sometimes, it was pleasure, but slowing down my grinds. So I disabled the chat and it will remain.

Edited by Arpee78, 22 April 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Ajimbura #111 Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34313 battles
I think a lot have turned the chat off.

Yesterday when I played a match as arty, the team didn't scout/check/protect half of the whole map (everyone execpt the arties lemminged).
In the chat I stated that unless someone goes to the other side to check for enemies I won't fire a single shell.
Result, didn't fire a single shell :p :D

So my conclusion is that either everyone has turned the chat off or they were idiots (most likely the last).
I may be an idiot for not helping out anyway but it sure felt good :p
The three arties went down pretty quickly so I didn't have to wait long anyway.

Ogroid #112 Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34714 battles
i generally ignore it. if it goes on for a while give it back x2 ('f*** o** kid' is good if lazy) then add to ignore list

the internet hard men make me laugh to be honest including in this thread. most wouldnt say boo to the proverbial irl. they take out their sad little frustrations in-game because they're inadequate irl...

aboch #113 Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles

View PostSgt_Guffy, on 22 April 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

This way of thinking is flawed.

Does a General need to be a swordmaster, or a sharpshooter to be a good General? Whilst it is beneficial be both a good shot and a good tactician, the lack of one or the other doesn't mean they are a bad player.....

For sure it is not a handicap if a General is a swordmaster or sharpshooter and turn it the way you want, i personally prefer listening to such general than to a General (to continue your example) who can't walk straight, was worst at military academy and the overall level is below a normal soldier.

I don't want to raise here again the question about XVM, but here and there you have usefull info. When you might not take care whom to listen, support or teamwork, i do, but for sure NOT with a player that has 5000 games, WR of 28% and efficiency of 128 but with the guy that has 15k battles, 65% WR and efficiency of 1500+, easy as that.

You personally and everybody is free to do whatever you want in ranoms, no doubt, but i try to support and teamplay with good players and to secure the most important tanks in game. Everybody has it's own approach.
Just as an example, it has happened often that while teamworking with good players when  you are allready left as a 1 shoot they drive in front of you to safe your tank and gun. So even it's random, some teamplay ability is given when you do it right here and there. Saying that there is no team play possible ever in randoms is just wrong. Communication and THINKING is often the 1, 2 or 10 percent differnce in your winrate, just my 2cents and opinon.

Rankkis #114 Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33573 battles
Tried to be polite on the game chat yesterday. Erlenberg, west spawn, 4 artys per side. Enemy TD (AT15 or similar) blocks the north bridge. Our platoon turns back right away since we see that you can't go through, our panther2 and VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B still stays north looking at the blocked bridge. I die rather early in the middle and start writing to chat something like this:

me: "No need to stay in the north, bridge is blocked"
No reaction, few mins goes by, P2 and VK idling in north. P2 goes to the blocked bridge and stands behind the AT wreck.
me: "Dude, it's blocked"
P2 dies to arty. After sometime VK goes next and tries to push the AT wreck without great success, takes arty fire and loses decent amount of HP. Backs up and says
"bridge blocked"
*facepalm*
me: "oh really?"

Outfielder #115 Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24090 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostARM505, on 22 April 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

I must add that insults in general are almost certainly NEVER productive. That BS about 'you may get them to change their behaviour by insulting them' is just that, BS. I've had one or two fights now where we stomped through the other team, and several of the opposing team said to us 'What a fail team'. It may be the case, but they still looked like chops for acting like that.

Second, trying to get somebody to do something by insulting them is almost certainly counterproductive:

'OMG noobs the left flank, wake the F up u noobs!"

<SNIP>  

+1 from me.

It never seizes to amaze me how people think that insults can get anything accomplished. I can't stop thinking: Why do they do that? Were they raised that way (meaning they don't even know how to communicate with others in a decent way) or are they one of those wannabee gangsters who think talking 'street'  will give 'em 'cred'?And at what point (if ever) will they realize they accomplish NOTHING?!?!?

DeadEdcom #116 Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48824 battles
  • [XO] XO

View PostClaudiuCojo, on 22 April 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

+1 100% agree aboch, the low skill players are the target for abuse because they don't learn and don't listen to advice's, you wont see insults and flaming towards a good/very good player very often.
And there you have it.  You have just described bullying and attempted to justify it.

BravelyRanAway #117 Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24210 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostOutfielder, on 23 April 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

It never seizes to amaze me how people think that insults can get anything accomplished.
Maybe that's the way their boss talks to them at work to get them motivated? Or the way their teachers talk to them to get them to concentrate?
Perhaps its quite normal in their world.
In my world such behavior ends up in the Labour Courts, or would have a child's parents down to the school in a flash, as it is deemed unacceptable.

JosipBr0zTito #118 Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13072 battles

View PostDeadEdcom, on 23 April 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

And there you have it.  You have just described bullying and attempted to justify it.

There is no bullying on the internet (unless you are getting repeatedly targeted by a person or a group and even then they would have to resort to hacking)  considering that you can just ignore it.

DeadEdcom #119 Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48824 battles
  • [XO] XO

View Postaboch, on 22 April 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

I wonder why always player that have BAD or BELOW AVERAGE rating are complaining about the chat and insults? Why the hell NEVER comes a player with very good+ rating and complains? Ask yourself why!
I'd sugget that there could be a correlation between spending time at computer playing the games with those spending less time with computer and more time being sociable and experiencing the various aspects of human interraction, and thus getting a better grasp of what is acceptable behaviour in the real world at a much faster rate.  But it's just a suggestion  :trollface:

Treborn #120 Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16555 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
If someone is a bad player he shouldnt be offended when this fact its pointed out towards him.

It is not a lie, it is fact.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users