• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

BravelyRanAway #21 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23509 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Does reporting do any good?  It doesn't seem to.
Well considering that with so many playing you rarely meet the same people and if you do, you wouldn't remember them anyway, it may appear that the reporting system does not work.
But many times on the forum you can see topics by players who have been banned, so there is some kind of result from reporting.
It only takes a few seconds to report, so like I say if it annoys you enough, just report them but don't do team damage as you just hurting other innocent players not involved by reducing the HP of the team as a whole.

UsuallyAdo #22 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View Postkorpakukac, on 21 April 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

"and the ingame chat is useful for teamwork" Sorry dude, not in this comunity. I had given up a loooong time ago on trying to coach and i am just your regular abuser now, who will indicate his rage in a totally braindead team. OP tell me how you teach zombies? Zombies have rotten brains. Rotten brains are unabble to function. Zombies play this game. Zombie players have no functioning brain. You are unable to teach zombie players with rotten brains.

Maybe not everyone understands the language used? Maybe some have turned off chat because they are fed up with being abused?

Maybe some think "eff you then I won't even bother to try".

Abuse is a self-defeating strategy. See?

UnknownError #23 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14425 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Right, I am getting completely hacked off at the amount of verbal abuse going on in this game!

I am a pretty calm and sane person but after a while even the most serene person can be worn down.

You know the situation ... 2 minutes into the game, you are doing your best but the game isn't going too well.

Then someone from your team that has died starts abusing the whole team calling you all noobs/idiots/morons or whatever.

When someone drives straight into the water, everyone camps or arty runs to the front-line...And gets killed first. IMHO, calling them a noobs/idiots/moron is totally justified. You've let yourself and everyone else on your team down for an in-excusable mistake.

Edited by UnknownError, 21 April 2013 - 03:54 PM.

Aldramelech #24 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31046 battles
  • [DIIN] DIIN
I don't like it but do I do it? Hell yes!

After your 8th straight loss due to people who have the tactical sense of goldfish and despite politely giving hints like "If someone doesn't join me on the hill and if you all don't stop camping in the base we WILL lose" even I will loose my temper...............

To play Devils advocate, that dead guy is usually dead because his "team" has hung him out to dry and left him to defend a vital area all by himself. I just don't understand how some people can look a the map and not think "mmm that's not good, perhaps I should turn around/stop/go help"

UsuallyAdo #25 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostgelezinisNAGAS, on 21 April 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Just clear the list and start ignoring again. The ones that flamed you will no longer remmember you, if they do (posible online stalkers:D) just submit  a ticket for real life threat or something and WG may help:)

Ok, I started trying to clear the list but I keep getting:

Error

Command "Remove player from your ignore list" suspended for 5.0 secs

after removing even just one player from the list! At that rate it is just going to take forever!!!

NiemandXL #26 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Name calling is abuse, pure and simple.

Naming things as what they are is no abuse, a stone is a stone, a house is a house, and an idiot is an idiot. I don't call a house anything but "house" and I see no reason why I should call an idiot something else either as it is the proper description of what he is.

UsuallyAdo #27 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostIshamel1, on 21 April 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

you read chat?  There is your problem.

Yes, for useful info and team play.

The problem is the abuse of chat, not that I read it ;-)

khouri #28 Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5526 battles

View Postypr765prco, on 21 April 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

or close ingame chat

didn't think this was possible,and if you get caught using a mod you'll get your account wiped or banned.

UsuallyAdo #29 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostLeadbucket, on 21 April 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Well considering that with so many playing you rarely meet the same people and if you do, you wouldn't remember them anyway, it may appear that the reporting system does not work.
But many times on the forum you can see topics by players who have been banned, so there is some kind of result from reporting.
It only takes a few seconds to report, so like I say if it annoys you enough, just report them but don't do team damage as you just hurting other innocent players not involved by reducing the HP of the team as a whole.

Ok, so maybe reporting does work then.

Are there any figures available to show how many players get sanctioned for bad behaviour and what those sanctions are?  At least if we knew it might make us feel a little less frustrated.

Regarding team damage ... if I lose my rag through repeated abuse then I have already lost the plot and it is too late.  It takes ALOT for me to lose my rag but once I angry I am VERY angry.

I would favour an unwritten rule whereby anyone spouting any kind of abuse is immediately targetted by everyone on their team until knocked out and the game can continue.  True, it might result in a lost game but the abusers might start to realise their behaviour is not being tolerated and their own game is being ruined by their actions.

UsuallyAdo #30 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostNiemandXL, on 21 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Naming things as what they are is no abuse, a stone is a stone, a house is a house, and an idiot is an idiot. I don't call a house anything but "house" and I see no reason why I should call an idiot something else either as it is the proper description of what he is.

Would you call that person an idiot to their face in real life?  If so then you are a bad mannered bully.  If not then you are a coward.  Either way you do not come out of it looking good do you?  Why do it in the game?

Why not try being a little more tolerant of your fellow human beings and their shortcomings?

R0rschach #31 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 82064 battles
  • [K-G-F] K-G-F
http://www.ign.com/a...-dont-be-a-jerk

its not about wot but the guy have the same problem and try to find reasons. i think he is right when he he say it can only happen when the community is big enough that the insulter dont need to be afraid to meet the victim again. so just feel sorry for the poor souls and move on

UsuallyAdo #32 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostUnknownError, on 21 April 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

When someone drives straight into the water, everyone camps or arty runs to the front-line...And gets killed first. IMHO, calling them a noobs/idiots/moron is totally justified. You've let yourself and everyone else on your team down for an in-excusable mistake.

What good does it do though?  They won't learn from being abused.  They might learn from some polite constructive criticism, but not abuse.

All you are doing is venting your own feelings and trying to make someone else feel bad about themselves.

That is bullying and abusive, recognise it for what it is ... please?

NiemandXL #33 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Would you call that person an idiot to their face in real life?  If so then you are a bad mannered bully.  If not then you are a coward.  Either way you do not come out of it looking good do you?  Why do it in the game?

Why not try being a little more tolerant of your fellow human beings and their shortcomings?

The world would be a better place with people actually saying what they really think instead of lying all day long and everyone living in their own dream world separated from reality. An idiot that is never told that he is an idiot will never realize that something is wrong with him and thus probably all his live remain an idiot.

Being "tolerant" to him will only do him harm as it very likely denies him the chance to self-reflect and possible improve himself.

Edited by NiemandXL, 21 April 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Ishamel1 #34 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12236 battles

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Yes, for useful info and team play.

The problem is the abuse of chat, not that I read it ;-)

Useful info and teamplay in randoms?  what game are you playing lol.

UsuallyAdo #35 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostR0rschach, on 21 April 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

http://www.ign.com/a...-dont-be-a-jerk

its not about wot but the guy have the same problem and try to find reasons. i think he is right when he he say it can only happen when the community is big enough that the insulter dont need to be afraid to meet the victim again. so just feel sorry for the poor souls and move on

Good post :-)

I do try to "feel sorry for the poor souls and move on" but it does get to me from time to time :-(

UsuallyAdo #36 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostNiemandXL, on 21 April 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

The world would be a better place with people actually saying what they really think instead of lying all day long and everyone living in their own dream world separated from reality. An idiot that is never told that he is an idiot will never realize that something is wrong with him and thus probably all his live remain an idiot.

Being "tolerant" to him will only do him harm as it very likely denies him the chance to self-reflect and possible improve himself.

Wow! So in school when kids get things wrong you suggest that their teachers should call them idiot or moron to help them learn?

I suggest the world would be a better place if more people would actually try to understand others and their points of view and levels of ability.

Abuse is just a mechanism to hurt other peoples feelings, a proxy for hurting them physically.

I don't need to call you names just because you cannot see that for yourself.  I can try to explain it to you though (see above) and hope you can come to understand given time, willing and effort.

UsuallyAdo #37 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostIshamel1, on 21 April 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Useful info and teamplay in randoms?  what game are you playing lol.

Frequently but maybe not as good as I'd like it to be.

PhooBar #38 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20076 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Those who can suffer fools in silence, are blessed by the gods.

I am not that blessed.
Not even a little bit.

And as UsuallyAdo correctly stated above;
"Abuse is just a mechanism to hurt other peoples feelings, a proxy for hurting them physically."

That is why we call idiots the horrible things we do.  Because we can't physically get our hands on the stupid little son's of *******.

Edited by PhooBar, 21 April 2013 - 04:29 PM.

EdvinE20 #39 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 37694 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
Many players rage because of bad players ruining this game. I rage a lot playing WOT. I respect players in both teams, but there are so many "idiots" playing these days and there are so many that play so bad that I simply can't understand how there could be humans playing these tanks.

When I join a battle. I assume than 7-13 of the players on my team wont do anything good for the team. Most players just die without doing any damage or spotting. This freaks me out!

I can give examples of bad players all day but yesterday I was playing a random battle and there were 2 tanks left on both teams. I was derping around in my Hetzer, got 6 kills defending our base. I got killed and there were these 2 tank drivers left inside enemy cap at 50%. So I thought "Hey, we will win this easy". I had been pinging the map and writing in chat the entire game that one whole flank was open. The flank I was holding the entire game till I died with 6 kills.
The enemy starts capping our base. So we had their cap at 50% and the enemy was capping our base at 5% and there were 2 tanks in each cap. HOW COULD WE POSSIBLY LOSE THIS?! This is when our tanks in enemy cap decides to defend our base. Eh wait? What? They both exit enemy cap and starts going back home. Are you ****** kidding me? They made it half way back home and then the enemy won after 100% cap.

What were these guys thinking? Why should I not rage? Bots play better! And this weekend has been insane. I took me 15 battles to get my first x3.

NiemandXL #40 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Wow! So in school when kids get things wrong you suggest that their teachers should call them idiot or moron to help them learn?

As a child I was fat, after being often enough at the end of jokes, I finally got the motivation to do something about it. That was a long time ago and for years I'm healthy and rather athletic in build and without being repeatedly told as a child that I'm fat, I likely would still be fat which is neither fun nor healthy.

A little tolerance can't hurt, too much on the other hand, similar to many other things as well that are only beneficial up to a certain degree, might do much more harm than good. In this game a player that is not told from time to time that he really sucks, might never improve.

PS: And in school teacher repeatedly made fun of my handwriting and my command of the English language, or rather the lack of it. While my handwriting is still bad, my English actually improved to a level that is not too far behind my native language.

Edited by NiemandXL, 21 April 2013 - 04:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users