• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

UnknownError #41 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14425 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

What good does it do though?  They won't learn from being abused.  They might learn from some polite constructive criticism, but not abuse.

All you are doing is venting your own feelings and trying to make someone else feel bad about themselves.

That is bullying and abusive, recognise it for what it is ... please?

Abusive? Maybe. Bullying? No, I do not hold any form of prejudice.

Simply put, that person failed in the upright most regard to follow simple WOT etiquette. Clan and random battles are competitive therefore it's expected of each player on some level to do well. If you're not going to try then you're not welcome.

Ozymandias #42 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 30315 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

What good does it do though?  They won't learn from being abused.  They might learn from some polite constructive criticism, but not abuse.

All you are doing is venting your own feelings and trying to make someone else feel bad about themselves.

That is bullying and abusive, recognise it for what it is ... please?

They prob won't learn from constructive criticism either. Most people even remotely interested in bettering their game instead of mindlessly plodding through battle in pursuit of the next tier tank will visit the forums at some point. A lot of constructive criticism here as well, yet I don't see people queueing up for it.

It's not easy to be zen all the time you know. Most of the times I'll blame myself but there are times when an explosion is unavoidable. And yes, I'm sorry to say some people deserve it. I'm playing on my account on another server atm and on a battle in the Highway map involving tier 8 tanks it was only me (in a Panther II) and a Pershing trying to cover the city. Understandably we got overrun because 6 heavies had lemminged on the other flank and when we 2 die, some moron says "idiots you lost the city". At that point, I raged. Hard.

Please don't cover everything with the "bullying" umbrella. It's bullying and abusive behavior when you don't deserve it. Or if you've fracked up just as much as the guy you're abusing. I've deserved it plenty of times and unless it was WAY overboard verbal abuse, I've shut my mouth and taken it. It's an online game, there's gonna be insults all over. And I'm against going overboard myself. But it's absurd to think that "constructive criticism" would work imho. If it bothers you so much, fill up your ignore list. I've added plenty of people there and I'd say I deal better with verbal abuse than you do.

I agree however that it would be much better if WG actually gave some feedback as to whether punishment is actually meted out based on legitimate reports by players. Not only regarding verbal abuse but also regarding botting, teamkilling and so on.

UsuallyAdo #43 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostPhooBar, on 21 April 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Those who can suffer fools in silence, are blessed by the gods.

I am not that blessed.
Not even a little bit.

And as UsuallyAdo correctly stated above;
"Abuse is just a mechanism to hurt other peoples feelings, a proxy for hurting them physically."

That is why we call idiots the horrible things we do.  Because we can't physically get our hands on the stupid little son's of *******.

Any chance you could learn to be more tolerant?  If not then why should others not abuse you, by your own logic, for being a lesser human being?

Set an example of good behaviour and standards, it will make you feel better about yourself and others.

pixarart #44 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43180 battles

View Postkorpakukac, on 21 April 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

"and the ingame chat is useful for teamwork" Sorry dude, not in this comunity. I had given up a loooong time ago on trying to coach and i am just your regular abuser now, who will indicate his rage in a totally braindead team. OP tell me how you teach zombies? Zombies have rotten brains. Rotten brains are unabble to function. Zombies play this game. Zombie players have no functioning brain. You are unable to teach zombie players with rotten brains.
its sad but i can not agree more than this...

belze #45 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27798 battles
Tell me How are you suposed not be angry when what happens is. 14 players go in one side i go on the other, i firstly ask for help nicely, by clicking on map pressing f7 (which everyone understands because its translated into their language) and no response from team or only response i get is stop spam . Then le wild 10 ennemy tanks appear and destroys me  before i reload once. Then my abuse starts becouse now i see that my team is standing in one place, pinned down by 5 ennemies and they already lost 5 tanks. Tell mne how am i not supposed to be angry when this happens in 90% of games ???

Edit : I am not perfect player i make mistakes, everyone does but at least i am trying to play it like teamgame, i sacrifice myself to hold flank and hope that my team will push while i hold bigger force of ennemies, i sacrifice myself to save hurted players if they play well, but i dont care about braindead zombies

Edited by belze, 21 April 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Sgt_Guffy #46 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22883 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I must say I can understand the OP's annoyance and I agree with much that the Op has stated.

Abuse, stupid remarks, and spamming in particular are distracting during gameplay. Those compelled to reply, which at times is understandable, means there are players not concentrating on gameplay and I think there are instances where it has cost the game. Not only through lack of concentration, but players wondering whether participating is worth the effort, so the fools that are hurling abuse and criticism can win the game and receive undeserved XP.

Is that justifiable for bad behavior?

I have stated on a number of occasions that WG can introduce a filtering system in their chat to remove most of the words that give offence. It is not that difficult and I've been on many forums and online games where this is done and it works just fine. The game is better for it. I'm aware that players can be inventive and find the loopholes, but if incidents are reported, which they are, WG can pick up on it and deal with it accordingly.

It is up to WG, but I would have thought if they are losing customers it is bad business, for which a simple solution would ensure their customers, that matter, are kept happy. After all, even the abusers don't have to abuse to play the game do they?

Have fun.  :smiles:

Edited by Sgt_Guffy, 21 April 2013 - 04:40 PM.

UsuallyAdo #47 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostUnknownError, on 21 April 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

Abusive? Maybe. Bullying? No, I do not hold any form of prejudice.

Simply put, that person failed in the upright most regard to follow simple WOT etiquette. Clan and random battles are competitive therefore it's expected of each player on some level to do well. If you're not going to try then you're not welcome.

For bullying to exist does not require any form of prejudice.

It is not "expected of each player on some level to do well".

You may have set your own expectation of others a little too high.

I do think there is a real problem with the way teams are put together by the matchmaking system though and that it should use an element of player commitment/skill/effort rather than simply tank stats.

UsuallyAdo #48 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostOzymandias, on 21 April 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

They prob won't learn from constructive criticism either. Most people even remotely interested in bettering their game instead of mindlessly plodding through battle in pursuit of the next tier tank will visit the forums at some point. A lot of constructive criticism here as well, yet I don't see people queueing up for it.

It's not easy to be zen all the time you know. Most of the times I'll blame myself but there are times when an explosion is unavoidable. And yes, I'm sorry to say some people deserve it. I'm playing on my account on another server atm and on a battle in the Highway map involving tier 8 tanks it was only me (in a Panther II) and a Pershing trying to cover the city. Understandably we got overrun because 6 heavies had lemminged on the other flank and when we 2 die, some moron says "idiots you lost the city". At that point, I raged. Hard.

Please don't cover everything with the "bullying" umbrella. It's bullying and abusive behavior when you don't deserve it. Or if you've fracked up just as much as the guy you're abusing. I've deserved it plenty of times and unless it was WAY overboard verbal abuse, I've shut my mouth and taken it. It's an online game, there's gonna be insults all over. And I'm against going overboard myself. But it's absurd to think that "constructive criticism" would work imho. If it bothers you so much, fill up your ignore list. I've added plenty of people there and I'd say I deal better with verbal abuse than you do.

I agree however that it would be much better if WG actually gave some feedback as to whether punishment is actually meted out based on legitimate reports by players. Not only regarding verbal abuse but also regarding botting, teamkilling and so on.

In the example you quoted (thankfully not one of those "I killed 10 enemy cos the rest of my team were pathetic noob moron bot afks and I let them know" stories) I would have lost it too.  But you were reacting to someone doing it to you, standing up to the bully rather than turning the other cheek.  That is a different thing.

You cannot make people take constructive criticism and it is a slow burn and continuous thing.  Feels much better than abusing people though if you can manage to do it.

Agreed, some sort of feedback mechanism would help to reduce the rage and the powerlessness we feel as we see no result from the reports we make.

UsuallyAdo #49 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostNiemandXL, on 21 April 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

As a child I was fat, after being often enough at the end of jokes, I finally got the motivation to do something about it. That was a long time ago and for years I'm healthy and rather athletic in build and without being repeatedly told as a child that I'm fat, I likely would still be fat which is neither fun nor healthy.

A little tolerance can't hurt, too much on the other hand, similar to many other things as well that are only beneficial up to a certain degree, might do much more harm than good. In this game a player that is not told from time to time that he really sucks, might never improve.

PS: And in school teacher repeatedly made fun of my handwriting and my command of the English language, or rather the lack of it. While my handwriting is still bad, my English actually improved to a level that is not too far behind my native language.

I am sorry for what you went through as a child.

Yes, adversity can make people stronger.  Abuse, however, can lead people to mental illness, suicide, the need to abuse others, etc.

UsuallyAdo #50 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View Postbelze, on 21 April 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Tell me How are you suposed not be angry when what happens is. 14 players go in one side i go on the other, i firstly ask for help nicely, by clicking on map pressing f7 (which everyone understands because its translated into their language) and no response from team or only response i get is stop spam . Then le wild 10 ennemy tanks appear and destroys me  before i reload once. Then my abuse starts becouse now i see that my team is standing in one place, pinned down by 5 ennemies and they already lost 5 tanks. Tell mne how am i not supposed to be angry when this happens in 90% of games ???

Edit : I am not perfect player i make mistakes, everyone does but at least i am trying to play it like teamgame, i sacrifice myself to hold flank and hope that my team will push while i hold bigger force of ennemies, i sacrifice myself to save hurted players if they play well, but i dont care about braindead zombies

If you get told to stop spamming it is because you are annoying other players.  Why would you expect them to ever help you if you annoy them.

90% of games? Try being a little more realistic and your argument might be taken more seriously.  It really isn't that bad.  It can be bad, but not the extreme you are trying to imply.

There is no such thing as a perfect player, neither do we all keep our tempers all the time.  All we can do is try to understand that there are other people here with feelings and different levels of ability, commitment, etc.

It would be really nice if WOT could try to grade players a bit better in the matchmaker so that players of similar levels of skill, commitment, behaviour etc could play more together.

BravelyRanAway #51 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23508 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostUsuallyAdo, on 21 April 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

It would be really nice if WOT could try to grade players a bit better in the matchmaker so that players of similar levels of skill, commitment, behaviour etc could play more together.
Yes, they have enough players by the look of things, to start a 'Tourettes League'. :tongue:

Sinovi_Smrti #52 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29800 battles
[EDIT]

Edited by Menda75, 21 April 2013 - 07:16 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent.Menda75

chiggy #53 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1
I often receive the post game hate. I had two little Czec idiots contact me two days ago when I only did 1500 damage in my Tier 9 VK. They thought I should stand face to face with a JagTiger on himmelsdorf and have the Jagtiger shoot me up with with gold ammo. I was in a side scrape position and the shells just were not bouncing because of the high pen of the gold....so i moved.

When I tried to point this out to them, they didnt want to know it was just about them letting off steam on someone because they lost. What was more annoying, was they had bever played the VK so they were really not in any position to comment on the best way to play the tank.

Honestly, what can you so with pr*cks like this?

.....and I'll say it again............there should be a button in the game to stop those unsolicited hate boxes from popping up.

Edited by chiggy, 21 April 2013 - 05:22 PM.

teemu92 #54 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5410 battles

View PostgelezinisNAGAS, on 21 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

hold ctrl, right click abusers name, select "ignore" function, let him be alone in his lonley retarded world .

It helps me very much!:)
I do this whenever i see somebody going way too negative / hostile towards me or somebody else, no need to hear that so away you go, im worried my ignore list is going to be full soon!  :ohmy:

Edited by teemu92, 21 April 2013 - 05:25 PM.

yaourti #55 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA
I have only played<1000 games on tiers 1,2 and 3 so very little experience but I haven't really found this a problem yet.

I have occasionally been called a noob or whatever but it doesn't really bother me- sometimes I have done something silly and I might respond with "yes, sorry I screwed up :(" or something like that.

Occasionally I will laugh at others and call them noob, but I add a smile to show I'm not raging and just having a bit of fun.

A lot of the time I think that some wot players get very self-obsessed and take a lot of chat too seriously.

UsuallyAdo #56 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View PostKrilnik, on 21 April 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

I am willing to learn but I do not claim to be a good player nor an extremely experienced player.

My playing ability or amount of experience is irrelevant to this discussion.

This thread is more about the general "abuse the whole team" type players rather than those who have abused me personally.  I do not get much personal abuse because I am generally an average player that is polite and tries to be a team player too.

I did not start this thread to whine or be a cry baby, but rather to point out their is a real problem in the game that needs to be sorted out.  The way the thread has developed seems to lend weight to this.

The fact that I start this thread after 5k games shows how much patience I have perhaps?

Edited by Menda75, 21 April 2013 - 07:18 PM.

yaourti #57 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA
Those 'abuse the whole team' people are just the @rseholes of the world and should be ignored.

UsuallyAdo #58 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View Postyaourti, on 21 April 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

I have only played<1000 games on tiers 1,2 and 3 so very little experience but I haven't really found this a problem yet.

I have occasionally been called a noob or whatever but it doesn't really bother me- sometimes I have done something silly and I might respond with "yes, sorry I screwed up :(" or something like that.

Occasionally I will laugh at others and call them noob, but I add a smile to show I'm not raging and just having a bit of fun.

A lot of the time I think that some wot players get very self-obsessed and take a lot of chat too seriously.

Hi, I admire your humility.  I also will admit when I screw up badly and try to learn from it.  But I will try (not always succeed) not to ever abuse someone even if I do put a smiley on the end.

Yes, I think alot of players get VERY self-obsessed.  You only have to look at some of the "instructional" videos on youtube to realise that although they may be quite good players they have really cherry-picked a particular good game of theirs or bad game of a team they were in to demonstrate their point.  Their point being to show how much better they are than other people.  Sometimes you even get a running commentary on how bad the other players are and how they will just have to do EVERYTHING themselves because their team mates are just rubbish.

I am quite willing to learn from better and more experienced players but I will react negatively to anyone who is abusive, patronising or just wanting to blow their own trumpet.

JosipBr0zTito #59 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13072 battles
Guilty as charged. Take me away bailiff.

UsuallyAdo #60 Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25928 battles

View Postyaourti, on 21 April 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Those 'abuse the whole team' people are just the @rseholes of the world and should be ignored.

Agreed, but what annoys me most is that at a critical stage of the game when I am trying to absorb all the available information quickly and efficiently to inform my gameplay and hopefully help my team win ...

I get distracted by someone abusing the whole team indiscriminately because they are unhappy about the way the game went.

Perhaps there ought to be a kind of after-game lobby which hangs around for a while where people can discuss game play and settle arguments?  Maybe with the ability to replay bits of the game?

I once got team killed by someone who thought I had shot them in the back when it was actually an enemy arty round that landed behind them.  I tried to explain during the game but they just kept abusing me.  They eventually apologised after seeing the after game stats which showed they had killed me before I had even had the chance to fire a single shot in the game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users