Jump to content


Community Spotlight - April


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,030
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Take a look at the contests and events held over the last couple of months by the Community Team, along with amazing submissions from players!

Full news text

JPKERR #2 Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18669 battles
  • 1,307
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    08-17-2010
You know what would be cool regarding contests? J!NX and card contests results.

Denton_0451 #3 Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23175 battles
  • 1,624
  • Member since:
    02-18-2011
That comic is a little bit racist, and there is profanity on it. Bravo WG...

supercharge #4 Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • 1,279
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012
I hope you like this month's issue. Don't forget about our Regional Contests where you can win gold and/or bonus codes!  :smile:

Murphy1up #5 Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • 7,282
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

View PostJPKERR, on 25 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

You know what would be cool regarding contests? J!NX and card contests results.

Jinx contest winners will likely be announced on Monday if not tomorrow. We were just validating and checking entries again today.

As for the anniversary card winners, you're going to have to be patient. Over 8500 entries have to first be logged, and then filtered into one of 3 major prize winning categories. That's a huge amount of work on top of our normal tasks. It's top priority for us now and whilst we expected lots of entries, it was impossible to guesstimate that amount.  Posting statements like "hurry up with the results" doesn't speed things up. We're going as fast as we can.

JPKERR #6 Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18669 battles
  • 1,307
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    08-17-2010

View PostEctar, on 25 April 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Jinx contest winners will likely be announced on Monday if not tomorrow. We were just validating and checking entries again today.

As for the anniversary card winners, you're going to have to be patient. Over 8500 entries have to first be logged, and then filtered into one of 3 major prize winning categories. That's a huge amount of work on top of our normal tasks. It's top priority for us now and whilst we expected lots of entries, it was impossible to guesstimate that amount.  Posting statements like "hurry up with the results" doesn't speed things up. We're going as fast as we can.

I know you have lot of work to do, but its been really long. I think that past contest should be finished before opening new ones, like ones connected to 8.5 release. Quality over quantity.
Hopefully results will be tomorrow tho.
Also, posting retarded statements allows to unload some frustration, so just ignore them >.>

Murphy1up #7 Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • 7,282
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

View PostJPKERR, on 25 April 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

I know you have lot of work to do, but its been really long. I think that past contest should be finished before opening new ones, like ones connected to 8.5 release. Quality over quantity.
Hopefully results will be tomorrow tho.
Also, posting retarded statements allows to unload some frustration, so just ignore them >.>

I understand. Some contests however are managed, judged and verified in a totally different way so that's why some contests run at the same time or overlap. For the 8.4 contest it closed on the 7th April and the winners were announced on the 15th. After the issues we had there we want to make sure the Razer winners are triple checked because the top prizes there are pretty substantial and we don't want to give people false hopes, break hearts or cause confusion.  The second anniversary contest also includes every tank (expluding premium and tier 1) not just newly released ones, so the amount of entries and data to check is larger.

The catwalk entries were great fun to verify. I'm glad I don't have to check through all the Razer battle results however.  :blinky:

Hajvanho #8 Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27664 battles
  • 498
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012
Nice contests all around, I like the one from Turkish community the most :)

Tomatosaurus #9 Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17560 battles
  • 212
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
I guess some are inpatient/frustrated because there was no information regarding the contests from your side for two weeks. Now that those people know that you're on it, makes their lives worth living again...

JPKERR #10 Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18669 battles
  • 1,307
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    08-17-2010
Also Ectar one more question: Can i delete my video after the contest is over? Its dangerous to leave such things on the net >.>

Bata_Zivojinovic #11 Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1346 battles
  • 126
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013

View PostEctar, on 25 April 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Jinx contest winners will likely be announced on Monday if not tomorrow. We were just validating and checking entries again today.

As for the anniversary card winners, you're going to have to be patient. Over 8500 entries have to first be logged, and then filtered into one of 3 major prize winning categories. That's a huge amount of work on top of our normal tasks. It's top priority for us now and whilst we expected lots of entries, it was impossible to guesstimate that amount.  Posting statements like "hurry up with the results" doesn't speed things up. We're going as fast as we can.

Thank you Ectar.

You are so kind.

And generaly all people from WarGaming are so polite and kind.

Jonahex #12 Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5737 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011
Good to know that we have some very active community team members like ectar ;] Big up

JPKERR #13 Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18669 battles
  • 1,307
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    08-17-2010

View PostJonahex, on 25 April 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Good to know that we have some very active community team members like ectar ;] Big up

Yeah id say that Ectar is the only active community team member. Ive met community team on events and i have to say all of them are nice folks, but i can rarely see them on forums. Sometimes commenting on news, but just for a while on first pages. Ectar is like WGs ambassador. When theres nuclear war on forums regarding some not nice practice of WG usually only Ectar is talking and trying to fix things.

But what if Ectar does not even exist?! What if he is actually group of nasty WG people trying to gain players trust under a cover of nice cat-loving guy?!

Murphy1up #14 Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • 7,282
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

View PostJPKERR, on 25 April 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Also Ectar one more question: Can i delete my video after the contest is over? Its dangerous to leave such things on the net >.>

Yeah, once the winners are announced you're free to do that if you want.

Adriyan #15 Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27593 battles
  • 22
  • [BRASO] BRASO
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011
Have appeared information about catwalk contest? It's been three weeks since the contest ended. And competition over letters later, so it was time to give answers to catwalk contest.  :sad:

Jonahex #16 Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5737 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011

View PostJPKERR, on 26 April 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Yeah id say that Ectar is the only active community team member. Ive met community team on events and i have to say all of them are nice folks, but i can rarely see them on forums. Sometimes commenting on news, but just for a while on first pages. Ectar is like WGs ambassador. When theres nuclear war on forums regarding some not nice practice of WG usually only Ectar is talking and trying to fix things.

But what if Ectar does not even exist?! What if he is actually group of nasty WG people trying to gain players trust under a cover of nice cat-loving guy?!

Hmmm Ectarception?

TheKroo #17 Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View PostJPKERR, on 26 April 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:


But what if Ectar does not even exist?! What if he is actually group of nasty WG people trying to gain players trust under a cover of nice cat-loving guy?!

He's on to us!

Please look at this:

Posted Image

Adriyan #18 Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27593 battles
  • 22
  • [BRASO] BRASO
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_P4P4yYbwQA - KV-5
where the movements of the catwalk contest?
He won a kv-5 just because he had a toy tank.
Mockery.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5h7CXL52GFs - KV-5
where the movements of the catwalk contest?
Competition makes clear - show your catwalk -

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ixKxFsCI3dc - KV-5
where the movements of the catwalk contest?
or dance? " SHOW YOUR catwalk "

I would like to file a complaint. Tell me where.

Edited by Adriyan, 04 May 2013 - 05:16 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users