ELC AMX scout tank destroyer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

AndyScouser #41 Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14158 battles

View PostSugertukas, on 06 May 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

One of the most fun tanks to play. Currently 115 battles 60% win rate. My best exp game happened with this tank lol (unexpected). Little bug that can do almost all, scout, deal dmg. It cannot ram only. Seems like any enemy crew member could crush you with their leg. Avoid contact by any costs even with lightest scouts.
Example how fun this tank can be:

OMG what a result and some serious credits, well done.  My 8yr old has a 2100xp game in his, he absolutely amazes me with it, but that game, sir, is outstanding.

Castellorizon #42 Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5904 battles
i wont be replying on the forum anymore (if i ever did) since im quiting WoT.
after an short 1k battles already gotten tired of horrid balance and matchmaking.
if anyone needs me you can probably find me in the Gaijin forums  :teethhappy:

scuffer #43 Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9128 battles
  • [BDGR] BDGR
The high tier battles are the most fun for me.  The battles are usually more structured so you really need to think & balance risk/reward.  Plus, if you can find the enemy tanks engaged from the front, they are much to busy to worry about you.

Szah #44 Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4897 battles

View PostLeonMk2, on 27 April 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

i thought this was already settled, that the ELC isnt an scout tank.

high tier arty will most likely love to rain hell down on any 14mm armored speedy light tank to protect themself later in the game. even if they dont hit you its going to seriously hurt you if not kill you.

1 - everyone is using it as a scout, so it is a scout

2 - high tier arty will not "seriously hurt you" it will leave a nuke crater where you stood and evaporate you

And what you don't know - this tank is a very dangerous brawler. It's small enough that many tanks can't lower their guns enough and you keep hitting them through LFP when face-hugging and anywhere else when at side/rear. The trick is not to crash into the enemy so you won't explode or throw tracks off (at which the enemy will back off and kill you). Before the new physics small machines couldn't be effectively pushed away, so they were even more dangerous.

haplo34 #45 Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17221 battles
Well I love this tank. Of course it is a scout. You can't say it's not. But that's not his only purpose. You can do a lot better than just scouting with it.

1) In high tier battle you can chase down opponent scouts who try to spot/kill your artillerie because they are focused on they target. You can also hide in a bush and wait until most of the tanks are low hp so you can use your speed to reach them even if they are under cover and kill them.

2) In 6/7/8 tier battle you can be a very mobile td, scout, be annoying, try to kill spot and/or kill arty.

I'm gonna give you a tip to get over the low aiming time (It may be obvious for experienced tankers but maybe not for everyone). Once I've picked up a target, I charge it, zigzaging if needed and I don't shoot until the last second ! when the tank fulfill my aiming circle. And then thanks to the elc traverse speed I take the turn to avoid ramming damage. I don't even slow down so I can still dodge incomming shells.

Knowing your opponent's tank can be very important too, especially which tank have a long gun and a bad gun depression. It's important because if you're parcked next to them, they just can't shoot you. That way you can shoot them in the side and they don't know what to do. Plus it's risky for opponents to shoot you in that position because their friend is a bigger target and they don't want to be team killers.

The pretty high hp pool means that you can survive 2/3 shoots...

My point being, It's a difficult tank to play well, many games you're gonna be killed during the first 2 minutes of a game and do no xp BUT most of the time you can do your job and do it well.

Second point, it's damn fun and cool to play ;) never forget the fun part still the last time I checked, wot was a game :D

Edited by haplo34, 17 May 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Thomas254 #46 Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3116 battles

View PostSugertukas, on 06 May 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

One of the most fun tanks to play. Currently 115 battles 60% win rate. My best exp game happened with this tank lol (unexpected). Little bug that can do almost all, scout, deal dmg. It cannot ram only. Seems like any enemy crew member could crush you with their leg. Avoid contact by any costs even with lightest scouts.
Example how fun this tank can be:
How did you do that?
its not fair you can earn 123000 credits in one battle.  :sad:

yadrobot #47 Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38284 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
elc amx very interesting and amusing subject. I held onto it for more than 1000 games and my victory is 60%. but when in a game of 8 elc amx in each team, you want to end your life.

Woody1999 #48 Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17110 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Before 8.4 it got from tier 6-9. After it got 5-9, it's actually better matchmaking than it was before.

This thing is unbelieviably OP in tier 5 games. If I take my M2 MT or PzKpfw 1 Ausf. C out and I land in a tier 5 game, there is almost always going to be an ELC on the enemy team, and he can oneshot me without any real chance of getting hurt from me because the 7,92mm gun on the Pz cannot do enough damage in a small amount of time (before he oneshots you) to make him feel it and my M2 MT has the loooong aimtime, accuracy and no normalisation which means if I do hit, I'm only going to do around 20 damage due to the ELC's extremely sloped armor. Heh, first time an ELC can be proud of his armor...

Woody

Observer413 #49 Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28926 battles

View PostWoody1999, on 25 May 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

If I take my M2 MT or PzKpfw 1 Ausf. C out and I land in a tier 5 game, there is almost always going to be an ELC on the enemy team, and he can oneshot me without any real chance of getting hurt from me because the 7,92mm gun on the Pz cannot do enough damage in a small amount of time

Can't argue with case of M2MT, but i disagree about Pz1c not being able to deal with ELC. It's not Pz1c thread, but ill say smth more.
It is able to do so. More even, i find pz1c one of better tanks to hunt down ELC since mobility on both tanks is similar, and while he can oneshot you, you got rotating turret and can deal more damage than he does in same amount of time. He can shoot his shot around once every 10s? 9s? Your reload is way faster and your potential damage that is easy to inflict upon ELC from close range is also greater(40 shells, average 8 damage each means around 320 potential damage per clip).
All you need to do is just outmaneuver him with his first shot, get to his side or rear and then unload. Preferably track him so he wont escape. 2 full clips will do the trick, one even if you get lucky and set him on fire(didnt kill whole crew or ammorack on any ELC yet).

Me and my friends just love to hunt such tanks in our Pz1c.

jurjeskovici #50 Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7498 battles
I can not play this tank. It is a great tank, I've seen too many player do exceptionally well in it, so it's surely a good tank. The problem for me is exactly myself - I can NOT play this tank.  It inspired so much hatred in me today that I can't wait to sell it.

I used to love it, about 1-2 months ago, but I sold it to buy the IS, and rebought it today - I can't get the hang of it again... It's sad; can someone give me a link of a guide, but a detailed one...

Cpl_Steiner #51 Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8089 battles
binned my AMX75 for this & enjoy it more, speed - hide - scout what its made for & low repair costs don't make me cry when it gets one/two shotted!

first game in it behind enemy lines & destroyed all 3 arty...i'm sold  :smile:

UrQuan #52 Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20693 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Loving this lil bugger. Extremely fun tank to play, and this comes from someone who usually goes for slow, heavely armored tanks.

Recent match in it gave me the Mastery badge +a bunch of other stuff. Feels like a little TD on a sugarrush.
Spoiler                     

DandyDozer #53 Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16377 battles
Pure fun in the morning.

Tier X and surprised T95.

http://wotreplays.eu...dydozer-elc_amx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users