This game isn't fun any more

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Exostar #1 Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11084 battles
This game is stopping becoming fun for me.

All I'm doing is grinding through unfair or bad tanks like the tiger/tiger 2 and tier 5 french TD.

When I take my frustation out in the chat I'm told to shut up or am called a noob or when I go to the forum I get negative reputation.

All I'm doing is grinding on and on without a purpose. There is no fun in this.

How do I make the game fun again?

Edited by Exostar, 28 April 2013 - 08:29 AM.

He_from_Norway_ #2 Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23812 battles
you said the game WAS fun, then you have appearently sold your lowtier fun tanks.

buy back the tanks you thought was fun, and get a tier 10 as a "side job" to see if tier 10 is really fun for you (though it is for me)

"its not about climing to the top of the ladder, its about finding the step you like"

TheMightyScoobles #3 Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21173 battles
I think it is what you make of it.
Scooby

Turbotube #4 Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12805 battles
You should try some low tier fun tanks like KV-1 and KV-2 with derp guns.   :playing:

Exostar #5 Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11084 battles

View PostR4F431, on 28 April 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

you said the game WAS fun, then you have appearently sold your lowtier fun tanks.

buy back the tanks you thought was fun, and get a tier 10 as a "side job" to see if tier 10 is really fun for you (though it is for me)

"its not about climing to the top of the ladder, its about finding the step you like"

But I'm not heading for tier 10, I'm stopping at tier 8 but I'm finding them a mixed bag.

PanzyBattalion #6 Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10888 battles

View PostExostar, on 28 April 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

This game is stopping becoming fun for me.

All I'm doing is grinding through unfair or bad tanks like the tiger/tiger 2 and tier 5 french TD.

http://dashie.mylitt...9462_medium.png

Seriously dawg, you are joking about the Tiger and King Tiger right?

Exostar #7 Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11084 battles

View PostDerpyHooves, on 28 April 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

http://dashie.mylitt...9462_medium.png

Seriously dawg, you are joking about the Tiger and King Tiger right?

tiger is garbage, armour is terrible,  size, camo and speed are bad. Gun is ok but without armour your screwed since the moment you are spotted your dead.

Tiger 2 is better but armour is still a problem (I feel that heavy tank armour is below my expectations) so often my angled armour stops nothing.

PanzyBattalion #8 Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10888 battles

View PostExostar, on 28 April 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

tiger is garbage, armour is terrible,  size, camo and speed are bad. Gun is ok but without armour your screwed since the moment you are spotted your dead.

Tiger 2 is better but armour is still a problem (I feel that heavy tank armour is below my expectations) so often my angled armour stops nothing.

Tiger is a tank you HAVE to learn, you can't click your fingers and expect to be good at it, when you learn it, its a god tank with the long 88. Take advantage of the sheer sides, turn at right moment and Tiger will bounce, also, its a 2nd line tank that does well in those high-level games, tell me, T9 game, IS or Tiger I? I'd take Tiger I any day.

Tiger II, Armour IS good, again, you need to learn to angle effectively, its how its played, in a T8 top game get a KT in a choke point angled and it aint moving unless arty or a T8 TD rocks up, also, keep its lfp hidden, KT can also rock the T9 games with a good person behind and its one of the few tanks that starts off good stock and gets even better elited.

People always drone on and on about the German HT line but it is a good line that requires more learning than the others, heck the E-75 is still the top T9 HT to alot of players and to those in the know, the VK45P is a good tank when you learn its secretes.

Don't give up on them, just keep playing them and soon you'll get ya head round the awesomeness of the German HT's.

Oh, and Tiger I accels alot better than the other T7 HT's and turns on the spot, giving it a high top speed would make it a med tank.

Exostar #9 Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11084 battles

View PostDerpyHooves, on 28 April 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Tiger II, Armour IS good, again, you need to learn to angle effectively, its how its played, in a T8 top game get a KT in a choke point angled and it aint moving unless arty or a T8 TD rocks up, also, keep its lfp hidden, KT can also rock the T9 games with a good person behind and its one of the few tanks that starts off good stock and gets

I've bounced on the front of e-75s and been killed by kv-1s. Yes I am using the long 88, the middle 105 doesn't seem worth it.

But here we are getting into the same moaning argument that I want to get away from. This feeling of hatered for the tiger has really destroyed my enjoyment of the game.

All I do is grind up these bad tanks and moan about them in randoms.

OmaiGodman #10 Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7561 battles
  • [KIWF] KIWF
If you don't know how to drive a tank, don't blame the tank, it's probably just not for you. Try other tanks.

Skee #11 Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10203 battles
DerpyHooves, I understand your opinion is that the Tiger 1 and Tiger 2 are good tanks, however have you checked how you are doing in them? Is your WR above or below your average in these tanks? There is a difference between a good tank and a fun tank.

Some of my tanks are fun to play, but I have a low WR in them. Doesnt matter, I still enjoy playing them but in no way are they "good" tanks.
In my opinion, a simple measure of how good tank a tank is the relationship between that tanks WR and your average. To get a more objective measure, you need the global statistics for the same (tank WR vs player WR).

PanzyBattalion #12 Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10888 battles

View PostSkee, on 28 April 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

DerpyHooves, I understand your opinion is that the Tiger 1 and Tiger 2 are good tanks, however have you checked how you are doing in them? Is your WR above or below your average in these tanks? There is a difference between a good tank and a fun tank.

Some of my tanks are fun to play, but I have a low WR in them. Doesnt matter, I still enjoy playing them but in no way are they "good" tanks.
In my opinion, a simple measure of how good tank a tank is the relationship between that tanks WR and your average. To get a more objective measure, you need the global statistics for the same (tank WR vs player WR).

Well, to my stats, they're both terrible, but I played the Tiger I and KT when I was a 1k battle player, I saw them, thought "OMG TIGER AND KT!!! They will rock!" and I did so terrible in them, it will take some time to get them up, later tanks I've played have a better w/r has I have myself improved, but I do see your point, Perhaps if I had gone Russian line first, I might not have such terribad German HT stats as I would have learned but eh, I was an idiot.

And you're totally right about using Global stats to get an objective view on a tank, can't really ass anything but, yeah, you're right. To the op, good choice in sticking with the long 88, the short 105 is a great brawler gun (VK45A) but not a sniper wep, so you'd be having to push up with that 105 while you can still sit back with long 88 and snipe away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users