Project Tank - Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

RegularLogic #1 Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 38367 battles
http://pt.gamebox.com/

Apparently someone didn't like having their game ripped off....

However, I saw this and was curious about what kind of negotiations had taken place

http://forum.gamebox...49&extra=page=1

Also wondered if any members of the forum would be joining the "open beta" for "Shennanigans"?

I figure wargaming took a fair while to work out a system to ban teamkillers, worked pretty well after what was learned in beta, yeh?

DD_Zooly #2 Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11842 battles
I played it before WG sent in the lawyers and it has promise but was in dire need of optimisation (probably due to the very early state of the game) and the player base was almost non existant, my hopes are on WarThunder to be honest.

Schmeksiman #3 Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16280 battles
  • [INC] INC
I don't even understand why are they trying to fight a battle against WG, the game was a complete copy of WoT, simplified to fit Unity Player with costume maps. And to see some guys on their forums even defending PT is just absurd.
From what I have seen this game was designed by someone familiar with WoT and its economy with the difference of starting with a good amount of gold to attract players stupid enough to invest into it.

Obviously they succeed, although not on the scale they wanted. And all this negotiation seems like crap, only a way to keep the same playerbase that already invested money into the game.
I honestly do hope WG's legal department gets their asses .

Grand_Moff_Tano #4 Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1761 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostSchmeksiman, on 28 April 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

I don't even understand why are they trying to fight a battle against WG, the game was a complete copy of WoT, simplified to fit Unity Player with costume maps. And to see some guys on their forums even defending PT is just absurd.
From what I have seen this game was designed by someone familiar with WoT and its economy with the difference of starting with a good amount of gold to attract players stupid enough to invest into it.

Obviously they succeed, although not on the scale they wanted. And all this negotiation seems like crap, only a way to keep the same playerbase that already invested money into the game.
I honestly do hope WG's legal department gets their asses .
Not just that, but also remove their dignity for good. I mean, fighting to defend a rip off? It reminds me of young girls trying to defend a certain talentless celebrity we all know.

4LLB3R7 #5 Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1576 battles
Honestly, who didn't see this coming and supports the obvious rip-off has at most two digits of IQ. The menu of the game was almost direct copy-paste, the economy aswell. I don't agree with WG in many things, but in their spot, I would react the same way.

MostShamefurrDispray #6 Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3523 battles
Its more obvious than the Final Combat rip-off of Team Fortress 2. Its basically a Unity Player World of Tanks, the UI is exactly the same, one of the maps even looks like Himmelsdorf. They also had the idea to insert premium tanks inro their game as well, not that I don't mind premium tanks.
Also, recognise this image from the Gamebox forum:
Posted Image
Looks a lot like the T-28 I have seen in a WoT wallpaper and the PCgamer ad.

Edited by MostShamefurrDispray, 28 April 2013 - 08:50 PM.

Grand_Moff_Tano #7 Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1761 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostMostShamefurrDispray, on 28 April 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Its more obvious than the Final Combat rip-off of Team Fortress 2. Its basically a Unity Player World of Tanks, the UI is exactly the same, one of the maps even looks like Himmelsdorf. They also had the idea to insert premium tanks inro their game as well, not that I don't mind premium tanks.
Also, recognise this image from the Gamebox forum:
Posted Image
Looks a lot like the T-28 I have seen in a WoT wallpaper and the PCgamer ad.
It's pathetic, WG, do us a favor and make sure PT doesn't start whatsoever

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users