• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Observer413 #21 Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles

View Postsword_of_Damocles, on 30 April 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Why suspension guys and,not for example,toolbox??? :confused:
Because suspension is better for a light tank. Toolbox is ok when your tank got armor and hp to take a beating until your tracks "regrow", and this is not the case here. If you get tracked and can sit in one place for few seconds while not getting killed, then probably enemies didnt have a clear shot at you/didnt pay attention, and you didnt need that reduced repair time in the first place. If you get tracked next to the enemy tank and doesnt have repair kit, then you are dead(unless saved by your team), despite faster repair.

View PostDan_Abnormal, on 30 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Repair kits don't take up equipment slots :S
He probably meant the toolbox. Try to read between the lines :P

View PostCombatbacon, on 30 April 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Why not combination of small spall liners and ramming speed?  :smile:
No. It would make tank heavier, thus decreasing the power to weight ratio. Also, this tank even with spall liner would weight around 8 tonnes max, and this is pitifully low weight. Most of your enemies will weight more, which means that if you try to ram enemy, you will recieve way more damage yourself, probably killing yourself in the process. It is a last resort thing. I saw only once, that ramming was good idea, when my platoon mate rammed a KV1 with 3hp left, killing them both in the process.
So no. But maybe if someone would have 3 or 4 skills on driver, then maybe controlled impact would be good for such ocasions for pure lolz, but nothing more.

View Postgazzer21, on 30 April 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Controlled impact just to enhance spall liner for ramming, if mag runs out before enemy is killed
No point going for a scout build as if your scouting in this you are missing the fun,
For ramming, as i said/wrote earlier: NO. Unless youre under reaaaally special circustamces. Or you enjoy shortening your own lifespan.

Scout build will mean, that you are/may be usefull in all battle tiers you encounter. Have you never been in tier 5 battle in Pz1c? Aside from ELC AMX, how many tier5 tanks you can destroy all by yourself without dying? You are the eyes of your team and a source of distraction in that kind of game, period.

Edited by Observer413, 01 May 2013 - 12:11 PM.

Combatbacon #22 Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21800 battles

View PostObserver413, on 01 May 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Because suspension is better for a light tank. Toolbox is ok when your tank got armor and hp to take a beating until your tracks "regrow", and this is not the case here. If you get tracked and can sit in one place for few seconds while not getting killed, then probably enemies didnt have a clear shot at you/didnt pay attention, and you didnt need that reduced repair time in the first place. If you get tracked next to the enemy tank and doesnt have repair kit, then you are dead(unless saved by your team), despite faster repair.

He probably meant the toolbox. Try to read between the lines :P

No. It would make tank heavier, thus decreasing the power to weight ratio. Also, this tank even with spall liner would weight around 8 tonnes max, and this is pitifully low weight. Most of your enemies will weight more, which means that if you try to ram enemy, you will recieve way more damage yourself, probably killing yourself in the process. It is a last resort thing. I saw only once, that ramming was good idea, when my platoon mate rammed a KV1 with 3hp left, killing them both in the process.
So no. But maybe if someone would have 3 or 4 skills on driver, then maybe controlled impact would be good for such ocasions for pure lolz, but nothing more.

For ramming, as i said/wrote earlier: NO. Unless youre under reaaaally special circustamces. Or you enjoy shortening your own lifespan.

Scout build will mean, that you are/may be usefull in all battle tiers you encounter. Have you never been in tier 5 battle in Pz1c? Aside from ELC AMX, how many tier5 tanks you can destroy all by yourself without dying? You are the eyes of your team and a source of distraction in that kind of game, period.

There are more than one way to ram vehicles and spall liners might come in handy when you're dogfighting other lights and finding ways to deal more damage during reloads or pissed off due to missed hits.  :blinky:

Edited by Combatbacon, 01 May 2013 - 12:41 PM.

sword_of_Damocles #23 Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63790 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOrkel2, on 30 April 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

suspension gives +30% track health

this tank does a lot of jumps, so the suspension greatly reduces broken tracks on landing

suspension allows you to play a lot crazier

Thanks for answer will install them asap :great:

Balc0ra #24 Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72035 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGeneralFLEISH, on 30 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Vents, optics and suspension

Same here. The enhanced suspension is only there for tier 5 matches on some maps where I can scout and take a fast detours without my tracks getting broken or damaged.

gazzer21 #25 Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40767 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-

View PostObserver413, on 01 May 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

this tank meets tier 4 tanks and below most of the time, tier 5 maybe 30 % of the time for me and of that only 50% of that is all or nearly all tier 5.
so to go with a scout build for 15-30% of battles I find pointless. most battles there are 1 or 2 tanks that I cant damage , this is not really a passive scout tank .
so binos and camo net are out really, well they are for me any way.  

like I said I had spall liner doing nothing so put it on , to make the best of it I went for controlled impact, as other 1c's can ram you in a fight by accident or design.  
So this way they come of worst with any luck.
You don't go out with the intention to ram any thing in a light tank, But sh*t happens and there is lots of HE flying about in these tiers as well.

and if you expect low tier players to do enough damage to make passive scouting worth while good luck

As for shortening my lifespan, hell its a live fast, die young tank and I am only playing it for fun  :playing:

Observer413 #26 Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles

View Postgazzer21, on 01 May 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

this tank meets tier 4 tanks and below most of the time, tier 5 maybe 30 % of the time for me and of that only 50% of that is all or nearly all tier 5.
so to go with a scout build for 15-30% of battles I find pointless. most battles there are 1 or 2 tanks that I cant damage , this is not really a passive scout tank .
so binos and camo net are out really, well they are for me any way.
and if you expect low tier players to do enough damage to make passive scouting worth while good luck
Of course camonet and binocs are pointless,  and i want to point out that i DIDNT recommend them anywhere, so...
My scout build(vents, optics and suspension) is based around idea of active scouting, and thats the diffrence.

Also, its not about whether scouting is worth in terms of credits/exp, its more about showing your team with better guns where heavy armor(and by heavy i mean all kind of things, from amx38 to at2) is, so they may spill rain on said armor.
I dont care about spot exp or credits, as long as my team wins and enemy is dead.

Edited by Observer413, 01 May 2013 - 10:01 PM.

gazzer21 #27 Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40767 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-

View PostObserver413, on 01 May 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Of course camonet and binocs are pointless,  and i want to point out that i DIDNT recommend them anywhere, so...
My scout build(vents, optics and suspension) is based around idea of active scouting, and thats the diffrence.

Also, its not about whether scouting is worth in terms of credits/exp, its more about showing your team with better guns where heavy armor(and by heavy i mean all kind of things, from amx38 to at2) is, so they may spill rain on said armor.
I dont care about spot exp or credits, as long as my team wins and enemy is dead.

we agree it seems just go about it differently  :great:
Mine is a VERY active scout.

Problem is to new people in tier 3, scouting comes in only 2 options, bush camping (way to far back to be any good in most cases) or suicide scouting
and haven't quite worked out the bit in-between yet

Observer413 #28 Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles

View Postgazzer21, on 02 May 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Problem is to new people in tier 3, scouting comes in only 2 options, bush camping (way to far back to be any good in most cases) or suicide scouting
and haven't quite worked out the bit in-between yet
Suicide scouts are unaccounted for, unless its malinovka and they are able to live for like half a minute or more, cause it is easy to shoot from one spawn to another.

And while i admit that these campers are no good for team, one should remember that they are useless cause they dont shoot enemies, and many times they don't shoot cause they dont see said enemies.
Which means, if i make a good scouting job, then my camping teammates may start actually deal damage to enemy team. Just need to let enemies come and then light them up. I know: easier said than done. But what else can we do?

Also, arty is arty, just remember to adjust scouting range to them. In other words, dont count on them moving toward the front lines, since most of new players will think that arty is supposed to sit in the base whole time, despite that low tier arty tend to have short firing range(hell, even guys with few thousands of games do that, wchich surprises me, every time). So probably its more wise to spot enemies that will come to around the half of the map lenght, than try to spot enemies at their base from the start.

CrazyWelshy #29 Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12865 battles
  • [M_G_C] M_G_C
This tank is just soooo fun!  I thought the Tetrarch was a lovable go-kart with a gun, but this?  SOOOO FUN!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users