• 22435 battles
And next will be the American heavy line. Amazing month WG :
http://worldoftanks....events-calendar

GradiusZA #142 Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23584 battles
  • [E-A-M] E-A-M
Good Good special, played them all so gg for that.
Hoping to see the less loved Kv-4 and St-I sometime too as it will give me incentive to grind for that line ;)

madmatone #143 Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11699 battles
  • [ASGUA] ASGUA

- devs do track the amount of various tanks sitting in player garages
- apparently no special steps will be taken to increase the amount of less popular tanks, such as the Minimaus, Maus, FV4202 etc.

...and just accidentally here we are with a T10 special that is "never ever" going to be happen.

They do seem to know that their much praised "endgame" is... not.

groteskniMocvara #144 Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8345 battles

View PostDiabloD, on 01 May 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

And next will be the American heavy line. Amazing month WG :
http://worldoftanks....events-calendar

i dilsike WG logic. Why should the americans get a T10 discount bifore germans do (assuming that there is a 3 part in june and that it features german tanks). Actualy now i can save more money when they get a discount (hoping they do)
nice special, hope that it has more that 2 parts and that this goes one thru the year: firts T10 HTs on discount than meds and finalz TDs

groteskniMocvara #145 Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8345 battles

View Post_Commander_Shepard_, on 01 May 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Are you j

I gave you -1 and so did 11 other people  :trollface: .

i adore smarta** players like you are. I oviously stated "kill ME couse of MY grammar"
i realise that avg WG forum visitor is incapable of understanding sarcasm so i know that if i wish to be sarcastic i should put SARCASM in braccets.
I was simply to lazy to change it to heavies so i thought i could make fun  of a bad situation, which oviously, due to the huge amount of IQ present, FAILED

as for the persons wish that french tanks should be next: not logical at all.

Yaccay #146 Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38648 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL
Nice promotion.
I have just got the xp for IS-3!.
I will buy is-3 now.

rubenruben44 #147 Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7162 battles

View PostGradiusZA, on 02 May 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

Good Good special, played them all so gg for that.
Hoping to see the less loved Kv-4 and St-I sometime too as it will give me incentive to grind for that line ;)

trust me. for the ST-I you dont need a special to have enought motivation to get there asap :P

Kyhonido #148 Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17982 battles
Good special :honoring: , but will wait for the next part - have the IS3 and will spen some time yet grinding it.
Hope that it will not be the KV-4 / ST-I line (hated the KV-4 and got the ST-I already). As for the others - have both german and american T9s researched, so anything other than the 2nd russian heavy line would be fine. Time to grind some money.  :playing:

Fredziosz #149 Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18058 battles
  • [FHA] FHA
Ectar...

Little correction - tier 9 tank were on discount after Golden Joystick.

Anyway special is ok for those who are now sitting on tier 7, 8 or 9 and grinding towards higher tier, as for me it's 100% useless because i dont have any of them and i dont plan on getting them.

Personally it wont break game in any possible way, we already have 'less gifted' at high tiers so...

Last thing...
About russian bias and shut like that, simply i'm not suprised at all that there are whispers/whines about this - not only we have soviet T-34's month but also for the first time we have such event tagged as normal event and it only contains soviet tanks.
As for me it's ok but as long as every nation will someday get equal event.

Let's wait and see what will happen after this event (i hope for E-series... would be nice)

iStrong113 #150 Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5111 battles

View PostxSHiFT97x, on 01 May 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

As said before, IS series, arent big deal, and dont wanna buy them.. Was a waste of effort getting IS7 researched...

Mate,that is your own opinion. Stop talking about everyone.

IC_Tanks #151 Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35515 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
I for one am loving this special.
Awesome artwork, could we get it as a Wallpaper?

Sadzior #152 Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42444 battles

View PostEctar, on 30 April 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Nope

Woah woah woah.... Not so long ago we were all wrong for not discounting tier 10 or 9, and minute we do, we're doing it wrong? Now I know all nations or having  heavies, mediums and TD's all at once would be awesome, but that's a pretty substantial discount and event, especially when it's not been done before. Lets walk before we can run and see how this month goes and then we can go for there.  Yes other nations would be good, but no matter what nation we started with people would ask for something different. This is something really awesome, the first time a tier 9 and 10 tank is discounted AND on increased credits. No other server has done that before and if you notice it's cross region, we're all doing it (you know, all specials should be the same as people were requesting not so long ago  :blinky: ).

Specials/bonuses shouldn't be taken for granted, they're a boost to your normal play and for some this is pretty awesome. They're never always going to suit everyone and well, there is a whole month still to go and I'm sure that everyone will find something to be excited about.

Indeed very generous special , first so big discount on tanks in WOT history.
But...
But this special targeting NEW players who are most often on way to first tier x on easiest russian heavy line.
Its well known that IS7 has became a new n**b symbol like loltraktor was in beta.
Now we will encounter more half- talented - and half - ready is7 drivers than before.
The idea with high price was to hold bad playes away from top tiers....
Very nice special but where are specials for those most loyal old hardcore players?
ìs 8 and is 7 collecting the dust in my garage about 2 years now, its nice they will earn more but during this special any normal non masochistic player will stay as far away from tier X battles as possible....
Guess why....
Prepare to next "PozzSiemaKtoPL" supercharge....

Have mercy.....

spiderwell #153 Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16220 battles

View PostSadzior, on 02 May 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

But...
But this special targeting NEW players who are most often on way to first tier x on easiest russian heavy line.
Its well known that IS7 has became a new n**b symbol like loltraktor was in beta.
Now we will encounter more half- talented - and half - ready is7 drivers than before.
Very nice special but where are specials for those most loyal old hardcore players?
ìs 8 and is 7 collecting the dust in my garage about 2 years now, its nice they will earn more but during this special any normal non masochistic player will stay as far away from tier X battles as possible....
Guess why....

Have mercy.....

this is only speculation though, the whole point of only 3 tanks in the special is to minimise impact, not all players will have that line researched, i haven't. I didnt know it was the easiest to research, and i suspect that is debateable too with the new nations in the game, i tend to favour other nations. Hopefully it wont turn into a noob fest, perhaps a bit with the tier 8, but a tier 10 is still a effort to get to for the less dedicated player. We just have to see how it turns out, I for one think its a great special, its nice to see offers at this end of the tech tree.

Your point about price keeping half talented players out of range is moot, since you can buy credits.

Where people are upset about tier 10 not allowed a discount, it seems that WG have now changed this due to people asking for it, so thats got to be good if you ask me. And yeah its unfortunate i cant take advantage of this one, I have had my T-34-85 researched for some time so i got tank of the month! yay!

I'm happy in the fairly safe assumption that, if a special like this happens once, it is likely to re occur. One day the right tanks will be on offer for me,which being US, I think i will get lucky if the calendar is anything to go by.

Edited by spiderwell, 03 May 2013 - 12:35 AM.

radd666 #154 Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19331 battles

View PostSadzior, on 02 May 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

But...
Guess why....

Have mercy.....

I say Pozz and know how to turn the battle. Never underestimate Balkan players! :) Also, the noobsupercharge is on 24/7 all year long so it's not that big of a deal anymore.

radioactive1995 #155 Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17621 battles
  • [CELL] CELL
I bought my lovely is-3 back  :trollface:
I am not sure about the is-8 though, should I get it aswell? Sometimes the tank is awesome, sometimes just utterly garbage.

radd666 #156 Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19331 battles

View Postradioactive1995, on 03 May 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

I bought my lovely is-3 back  :trollface:
I am not sure about the is-8 though, should I get it aswell? Sometimes the tank is awesome, sometimes just utterly garbage.

It's never the tanks fault.  :angry:  IS-8 is a weird hybrid and is able to get fast to any location and packs quite a punch. City maps will make it feel more at home. IMO

skipyzor #157 Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20248 battles
Nevermind.

Edited by skipyzor, 05 May 2013 - 06:49 PM.

Privatecroat #158 Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18255 battles
  • [SG-SU] SG-SU
Hopefully they will put the Porsche line on discount too, as I am at the VK4502A now and some extra money wouldbe nice.

Frehelias #159 Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8321 battles
To bad it's only Russian Heavies for such a long period of time.
Would have been better if either it had more tanks, or a shorter period of time for Russian heavies only.

Sadzior #160 Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42444 battles
A few days of special have past and now we have (exactly as anticipated) results:
Tier 8-9-10 battles are almoust unplayable , a hordes of mindless is8 running to their certain deaths in first seconds of battle or camping behind artillery.
I will not comment "performance" of ises 7 because i have no words for this flow of stupidity and complete disregard of game basic rules, not mentioning any basic tactics with we can witness now.
Simply some people should have no top tier tanks before they are ready to have it and have some clue what to do with it.

Great job WG.....

Btw.
How about "fun mode" just plain shooter 10 minutes without flags and "complicated" stuff- free for all and 1000eff cap for "normal random"

And dont take me wrong, im not hate all new players , in opposite i will gladly have them som teammates and adversaries but only when they have mastered tier they playing on, i have no demands on tactic thinking when people running around on tier 1, but theres a highier demands on top tiers and players above tier 6 should represent some level of knowledge and experience.

Edited by Sadzior, 07 May 2013 - 03:31 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users