14 replies to this topic

RobertSalqvist #1 Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5376 battles
  • [SVJR] SVJR
Finally WG has shut down project tank :teethhappy:
So if you go in to PT this will be there instead:

Wargaming.net LLP (developer & publisher of World of Tanks) has recently launched a series of underhand actions against Project Tank, including using their connections to shut down our facebook page , over PT’s purported “infringement” of their intellectual property rights.

Continuously sabotaged by Wargaming, Project Tank and Gamebox have never intended to pose a threat or compete at any platform with World of Tanks. The graphics used in Project Tank are our efforts to reconstruct WWII battle scenes. We feel truly shocked and bullied by Wargaming, a giant company of the gaming industry who is apparently “threatened” by a closed beta phase browser game aiming to provide a cheaper, fairer, and more accessible war game to players around the world.

As we are dealing with this issue with legal measures to protect this game, the PT closed beta has now come to an end. The open beta server will be open in approximately a month. Please go to the link below to leave your email address to receive your reward (for open beta server) and updates of Project Tank.

:amazed:

So they say that WG is bullying them for shutting them down after THEY stole WG's idea? :amazed:
But i think they just c&p the game into a browser and made as small changes as possible. :angry:

They just want the public to think that THEY are the victim of WG's ''Big company rule''.

Share your thoughts on this please.

On request by @No_One001 here is the original link:
http://pt.gamebox.com/

Edited by RobertSalqvist, 03 May 2013 - 10:40 AM.

OmaiGodman #2 Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7561 battles
  • [KIWF] KIWF
They didn't just steal the idea, they also stole GUI elements from WoT and I wouldn't be surprised if their tank models were direct copies either. But of course they'll never admit that.

Arkhell #3 Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
it was a 1 on 1 copy of WoT and they know it.

Sake78 #4 Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5602 battles
  • [TRJNS] TRJNS
What do you expect?

BTW, did you ever see any of the China stolen car designers say they stole the designs? Isn`t it obvious that Mercedes and Rolls-Royce have stolen THEIRS?  :trollface:

I do hope they get wiped from the internets...

Edited by Sake78, 03 May 2013 - 10:35 AM.

No_One001 #5 Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32384 battles
What Link?

Bustergroove #6 Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8663 battles
I have to agree with OmaiGodman, whilst I am saddened (though not altogether surprised by this announcement) I do believe more effort could have been put into PT to differentiate it more from WoT- the look and feel was basically the same and only the scenery was different!

I am afraid in the largely un-fettered capitalist world of games production might is right (as Microsoft and Apple have demonstrated for years and it has taken a recent, concerted effort by the US and European courts to slow Microsoft down) this behaviour from bigger companies is to be expected.

In Wargaming's defence though, protection of intellectual property is paramount and PT simply failed to hide the fact they had at best   plagiarized, at worst stolen, Wargaming's intellectual property.

Better luck next time guys because I for one would love to see a tank combat game without some of the limitations - view range and map size for example - of WoT

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22291 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
I love this bit......

View PostRobertSalqvist, on 03 May 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Continuously sabotaged by Wargaming, Project Tank and Gamebox have never intended to pose a threat or compete at any platform with World of Tanks.
And in the same breath.......

bullied by Wargaming, a giant company of the gaming industry who is apparently “threatened” by a closed beta phase browser game aiming to provide a cheaper, fairer, and more accessible war game to players around the world.
Jeez, they even shoot themselves in the foot with the disclaimer. :teethhappy:  :teethhappy:

No_One001 #8 Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32384 battles

Finally WG has shut down project tank :teethhappy:
So if you go in to PT this will be there instead:

Wargaming.net LLP (developer & publisher of World of Tanks) has recently launched a series of underhand actions against Project Tank, including using their connections to shut down our facebook page , over PT’s purported “infringement” of their intellectual property rights.

Continuously sabotaged by Wargaming, Project Tank and Gamebox have never intended to pose a threat or compete at any platform with World of Tanks. The graphics used in Project Tank are our efforts to reconstruct WWII battle scenes. We feel truly shocked and bullied by Wargaming, a giant company of the gaming industry who is apparently “threatened” by a closed beta phase browser game aiming to provide a cheaper, fairer, and more accessible war game to players around the world.

As we are dealing with this issue with legal measures to protect this game, the PT closed beta has now come to an end. The open beta server will be open in approximately a month. Please go to the link below to leave your email address to receive your reward (for open beta server) and updates of Project Tank.

:amazed:

So they say that WG is bullying them for shutting them down after THEY stole WG's idea? :amazed:
But i think they just c&p the game into a browser and made as small changes as possible. :angry:

They just want the public to think that THEY are the victim of WG's ''Big company rule''.

Share your thoughts on this please.

On request by @No_One001 here is the original link:
http://pt.gamebox.com/
Thx

No_One001 #9 Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32384 battles
Just had a quick look at your page,

The one thing forbidden in producing is copying of materials (even if half the world is doing this) The biggest population n the world builds their economy on this.

Secondly their is a law against cartel forming this is what happened with Apple and Microsoft both can't say much about this.

So I do not agree on WG to bully any company or person who want's to get a piece of the cake, by putting a lot of work in it.

Hence it would be nice to have a sort of but maybe different tank battle game for the ppl enjoing these games.

What about COD Battlefield, MOH, arrn't they all copying from each  other. WW I and WWII has being copied for gaming over a thousand times.

I think it's a healthy situation when there's more than 1 particulair game, because ppl have the right to choose what they buy.

As for 1 person the world cannot be changed but he can start doing something that escalates.

This moment you play at WOT buy a premium tank in a free to play MMO, you have to acknowledge their conditions if you do not you can't play, so you are forced to agree if you want to play a game like this, i agreed, but than they nerf the tank, a tank you liked playing becomes a real pain in the behind, you can't do anything against that, but than we should have the right to sell back the premium tank for the same gold as it cost.

No way, they won't accept.

I think it's good when WG gets an opponent in theire endeavor to make a lot of money.

I still like playing WOT but sometimes i wish I could change to another kind of game like WOT.

OmaiGodman #10 Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7561 battles
  • [KIWF] KIWF
I'm sure Wargaming doesn't try to bully anyone who just wants a piece of the cake, but if they're selling your cake as their own that's just wrong.

The guys at Wargaming invest money and time into building this game. Then, some other company comes around, takes the things Wargaming made (GUI, Tank models etc) and make their own game with it in order to make money. That's the problem.

Wanna make a game? Be original. Don't make a straight copy of somebody else's work.

RobertSalqvist #11 Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5376 battles
  • [SVJR] SVJR

View PostNo_One001, on 03 May 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

So I do not agree on WG to bully any company or person who want's to get a piece of the cake, by putting a lot of work in it.

Well, I wouldn't have a problem with PT if it hadn't been a total copy and paste rip-off, and they even ripped-off the music from red alert 3.
So WG aren't bullying the creators of PT they are just shutting down a total c&p rip-off.
Last time i checked C&P is not putting a lot of work into something, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by RobertSalqvist, 03 May 2013 - 12:07 PM.

No_One001 #12 Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32384 battles

View PostRobertSalqvist, on 03 May 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Well, I wouldn't have a problem with PT if it hadn't been a total copy and paste rip-off, and they even ripped-off the music from red alert 3.
So WG aren't bullying the creators of PT they are just shutting down a total c&p rip-off.
Last time i checked C&P is not putting a lot of work into something, wouldn't you agree?

I agree on that, stealing other ppl's idea's I am ok with that as long as it is sn't the engineering hrs they steel, that I fully dissagree with.

PanzerT758es #13 Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5901 battles
  • [MAIN] MAIN
Im no know exactly the details.

But if you need help with databases (mysql) and php (nothing special, basic help) or modify info files :teethhappy:
Or be usefull as tester, if that is legal  :glasses:

Nekomancer #14 Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 11526 battles
http://c557532.r32.c...ject-tank/1.png
http://c557532.r32.c...ject-tank/2.png
http://c557532.r32.c...ject-tank/3.png
http://c557532.r32.c...ject-tank/4.png
http://c557532.r32.c...ject-tank/5.png

Dude, they stole a lot of design ideas straight from World of Tanks, the crosshair, placement and general design of UI elements and the garage has a striking resemblence to that of World of Tanks.

AndriuchaXL #15 Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Private

• Clan Diplomat
  • 15208 battles
Its 100% copied-pasted browser World of Tanks. WG spent money and effort to create World of tanks and these guys just copied all of it? It is just theft of intelectual property.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users