12 Battles in a T-54

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic

aggressive_perfector #1 Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
If you're all going to complain about how "overpowered" the T-54 is, you should at least know what it's like from the perspective of one. I played these battles back-to-back, aside from a couple I left out because I was platooned.

Battle 1 - Prokhorovka:
Typical lineup on each side one would expect from a T9 battle, the teams are fairly even. There is no artillery, but the enemy has a Ferdinand and Object 704 instead of heavies, while we have an ISU-152. I race up the ridge at the beginning of the game to take a peek over it and make a quick U-turn back towards my base. I manage to do this without eating an enemy shot slamming into my side/rear armor, eating anything from 300 to 700 HP. The enemy team is going over the rails into town, while my team has already decided they will advance down the road at East, so it's apparent this is going to be a race of who can advance faster. I take the lead because I'm not a gutless coward like most of the playerbase, and lo and behold, a hidden Ferdinand fires a shot (probably autoaim) that lands on my frontal turret and bounces. The 14 tanks behind me promptly return fire at his revealed self while I hide behind a slope because I don't like getting shot at by a Ferdinand. Predictably, he dies, then proceeds in chat to complain about the overpowered T-54, despite the fact that statistically speaking he will penetrate at least half the time, I haven't managed to fire a shot at him at all, and that my T9 medium SHOULD be able to take on a T8 TD. I continue on, then a hidden IS-4 (probably another autoaimer) hits me in the turret and manages to knock my gun out. With no cover around, I try to close the distance and get to his sides, but he manages to get another shot on me before the rest of my team kills him. The team crawls towards the cap point, and we suddenly realize the enemy team has decided to defend base and is pouring out over the rail through the middle and their base passages. I get on the cap point, but then realize there's an IS-7 right in the bushes watching it. Once again, with no cover around, I rush him, taking one shot before I manage to get to his flank. Whatever his intentions were, he backs up against the wall, making circling him impossible, while my LB-1 fails to penetrate multiple times against his sides. His top armor is now exposed to the rest of my team, but nobody shoots him, and he proceeds to make short work of me. One enemy tank, probably their T-54, starts capping our base. Our IS-7 who is badly injured has withdrawn from the battle and moves towards base. While the rest of the team dies from being caught in a bad position, the IS-7 camps in a bush without sight to the capping tank, and he sits there until we lose. Rage.

Battle 2 - Pagorki:
We have me and a Panther II intended to balance an IS-4 and VK 4502, although to be fair, we have two IS-3s, a Tiger II, and Ferdinand against their lower tier heavies. We also have a G Panther and Grille, while the enemy has a Hummel and Grille. At the onset me, the Panther II, and a JdPz IV rush the hill and manage to take it with no opposition whatsoever. Rushing working? Blasphemy! The enemy team must have had trouble starting their engines or simply doesn't understand the implications of us being able to spot almost their entire team. In any case, my T-54 with coated optics looks down the hill and spots 10 tanks, including their artillery. Our artillery starts raining down, we take potshots, etc. I get two kills and their artillery goes down while only taking one 300 damage shot in return, while all of heavies are all still sitting in base, with little cover. Some of their better players realize the situation they're in and go around the hill and make a mad dash for our base, hoping to even things up by taking out our artillery. Luckily, we manage to get them before they make it in. Seeing how we've got the hill occupied, I get off of it and take the long path around it, hoping to complete the encirclement. The Panther II gets off the hill after me but somehow becomes engaged with the IS-7 - I double back and try to put some shots into his rear, but the Panther II dies. A T-20 comes to replace the Panther II, and the IS-7 has ran into the water so he can get cover from artillery. The T-20 takes the rear, and I circle around to the front. Unfortunately, the T-20 also dies, but at least the IS-7 gun is pointed in the opposite direction of me when I arrive. I try to circle him, but it's a completely futile effort in the water. I get some help and after taking one shot and a blown ammo rack, I manage to get the killing blow. I take a 400 HP hit from an IS, but he's already low - I manage to put him down before he can finish me off. The enemy only has two tanks left by this time, and we close in and pummel them. This nets me 3368 exp and 50k credits, for the first win of the day. My best performance in a T-54 so far.

Battle 3 - Sand River:
This is a pretty big camping map and I hate it. We have an IS-7, two IS-4s, two T-54s, but they have a Maus, two IS-4s, a VK 4502, two T-54s, a JagdTiger, and Object 704. GOOD BALANCE. Despite my reservations I go to the North passage and just peek out and spot a M6 and the Object 704 and quickly duck back. One IS on my team tries to get a shot off but he gets creamed instantly. I think the same happens to a Panther on my team in the South as well because I see him chatting "fucking ridiculous" The enemy team's two T-54s must have tried to rush or something, but they die instantly. Shots are exchanged, artillery tries to hit things, etc. At one point I somehow manage to make a quick shot and finish off the M6. The enemy Object 704 and IS-4 decide it's time to push, and thankfully, a Tiger II comes to back me up. When the IS-4 is around to turn around the corner, I speed down the slope on the other side to flank the Object 704. On the way down I spot the VK 4502 sitting in the town in the middle. I get into the rear of the 704 and manage to fire some shots off, while multiple enemy tanks shoot at me. Luckily going downhill with my 56 kph speed, 48 degrees/sec traverse, and small profile allow me to dodge all those shots. JUST KIDDING LOL. Every single shot from an excess of 400m away hits me and none of them bounce. I die after squeezing off three shots. Some other tank on my team is also landing hits on the 704 during this and he gets the kill. After my death somebody says something about a T-54 nerf. Our team proceeds to roll over and die.

Battle 4 - Prokhorovka:
3 T-54s, a Panther II, and Ferdinand are the notable tanks on our team. The enemy has a T34, VK 4502, Panther II, and T-54. I call a rush on the West road and surprisingly the team obliges as me and a Pz III lead. Our entire team slams into a portion of the enemy team - A T32 and VK 4502 dies. I try circling the T32 but it's useless because another T-54 was in front of me and their turrets are already in position from trying to follow him. It's also somewhat difficult to hurt a T32 while you're trying to circle it because autoaiming just points you towards their well-armored turret and if you're zoomed in to take a shot, you can't tell where you're going. I get a couple shots in and he's finished by a friendly, but not before he hits me twice and unseen enemies also decide to shoot at me. I then proceed to try and circle and VK 4502 but I've already lost all my speed, so it's useless. I get detracked multiple times and die only after the Pz III that was in front of me. Their team tries to resist but we just have more guns in the area, so they're taken apart piecemeal. The enemy T-54 is desperately trying to cap our base, but our mediums chase him down and have zero trouble getting his sides exposed. He dies.

Battle 5 - Cliff:
2 Panther IIs, 6 T-54s, an IS-7 and VK 4502 on our team. The enemy gets a Maus, two VK-4502s, and two T-54s. Judging by the tier distribution, it's pretty obvious this match is hilariously unbalanced. We rush mid, and I spot the two enemy T-54s headed towards the cliff overseeing the West route. I engage them with my team backing me up and they're quickly dispatched, although I take a bit of damage from HE. For some reason our team has decided to get into a static battle line against enemy heavies instead of abusing their mobility, so I call out a flank for the very Eastern route. In retrospect this was probably unnecessary, but I'm not really used to mediums slugging it out with heavies and winning in any capacity. As I try to move across, about 5 enemy tanks inexplicably decide I'm a higher priority target than the stationary tanks already shooting at them and bring my health down below 50%. I run into an IS and T29 hidden in bushes. Thinking about how I have backup and people on the forums always insist that a T-54 can go head on against a T9 Heavy and win, I rush head on. One shot penetrates and does a lot of damage. Then I get detracked. Die.  4 T9 mediums follow in after me and make short work of them. We easily win as you might expect from 9 T9s versus just 4. I'm the only casualty on the team of 15.

Battle 6 - Prokhorovka:
IS-4 and 4 T-54s versus 3 IS-4s and a VK 4502. I propose a rush on the West road and there seems to be agreement, but as I scout middle, it seems like everybody just disperses randomly. The enemy SU-14 gets spotted and goes down and he angrily calls somebody a cheater. Seeing no real axis of attack, I decide to join up in town, where many other mediums are. Some of our mediums have taken the enemy hill past the rails, while the rest of us have moved into the town itself. I hide behind a house to shield myself from possibly artillery and an IS-4 sitting on the top of the rails. Another enemy IS-4 and VK 4502 move into town and promptly get annihilated from three sides. We then split between crossing over the rails at the enemy base and at mid - I run into a cloaked T29 in the bushes, and surprise, there's not enough room to circle him again. I do manage to survive with a little help from teammates and despite getting hit by friendly artillery. I join the fight against the two remaining IS-4s - he's getting swarmed and we've got him boxed in. His HP rapidly drops until it's only at 5% then all of a sudden, another friendly artillery trying to "help" rains down, finishes the IS-4, and splashes 4 or 5 of his teammates, and in the process, kills me. Greedy idiot. This game seriously needs actual penalties for damaging your teammates. The team, however, having taken out 4 superheavies, proceeds to gang the remaining tanks and wins.

Battle 7 - Karelia:
I forgot to screenshot the exact team makeup, but we have two T-54s and more mediums than the enemy. Peek-and-shoot obviously isn't something we're going to win at, so I call a rush North and quickly duck behind a rock for cover when I spot a T-44 and VK 4502 behind him. It's nothing I can handle alone, but then a brave/foolhardy? Panther dashes past me. I decide to join him, since I haven't seen that many enemy guns around and I may not get another opportunity to split the damage. The T-44 lands one hit but I keep on trucking and hide behind a couple of rocks shielding me from the entire enemy team except the T-44. His position is now untenable, since his rock is now surrounded, and I start blasting away. A Panther II decides to follow me and makes it to the rock as well, and the enemy T-44 dies. The VK 4502 inexplicably runs out into the open and is promptly fired upon from all sides - after getting detracked, a G Panther hits and finishes him off. An IS-3 is sitting in their base and trying to snipe at us, but he's outgunned and dies as well. At this point the enemy SU-14 complains about the overpowered T-54 between reloads - what is overpowered about it is never mentioned. This entire time I've only bounced one shot from the T-44 and shot at the sides of the VK 4502. With no enemy tanks in sight, we push onto the enemy base. Despite our deficiency in heavies, our South side has somehow also won their engagement and are now pushing into the enemy base from the opposite side. I climb up the ramp and start blasting away at an enemy Tiger sitting in base but facing South. As their last tank dies, the Panther II congratulates me on my positioning.

Battle 8 - Laketown:
Two JadgTigers, two T-54s, an IS-3 and ISU-152 are the notable tanks on our team. The enemy has two IS-4s, a T-54, and IS-3. I take the upper path to town and decide to wait for the rest of the team to catch up. The ISU comes plodding along and I decide to take the lead with just the two of us because letting an ISU-152 run off alone is just bad business. I run into a T-44 - ok, no problem, I engage. I get a shot off and he smartly tries to pull back behind a corner, knowing he can't take me head on. As I try to turn around it, a Tiger starts shooting at me, and some VK as well. This actually turns into a slugging battle, but it's not too bad - most shots aren't penetrating me, and I've got an ISU sitting right behind me, blasting away. I think a KV-3 and maybe another tank also join in on the fun as well. We're doing pretty well until I take a huge hit all of the sudden and am set on fire. It gets put out, but out of NOWHERE an IS-4 just materializes 30 meters in front of me. I take another hit from the IS-4 and keep on trucking - it's actually pretty hard to aim with all the shots hitting me, jarring my aim. It's obvious I'm going to die, but there's nothing I can really do aside from just continue slugging it out. Boom - I'm dead. I take a look at who shot me, and it's the idiot IS-3 on my team who has a 44% win rate who shot me in the back. The ISU is still alive, thanks to my meatshielding, and continues to use my corpse as cover. The ISU and IS-3 are overwhelmed, but not before dealing disproportionate losses on the enemy. Somehow the tanks in valley have successfully pushed through, and two tanks cap their base while the enemy is tied down fighting the rest of our team.

Battle 9 - El Halluf:
IS-7, IS-4, T30, T34, two G Panthers, and a Object 704 are the heavy hitters on our team, while they get an IS-7, Maus, two IS-4s, two SU-14s, and another Object 704. I hate this map. Pretty much every encounter comes down to how many guns each side is bringing. The entire team with the exception of me, a Pz IV, a T30, a T34 decide the winning strategy is to sit tight in base and let the enemy encircle us. None of us really dare to venture out too far because the rest of the team is sitting on their asses - I sort of just hide behind the dunes, peek out, take occasional potshots and hope our artillery can kill the advancing superheavies, because god knows the rest of our team won't have a line of fire until they're at our doorsteps. I predictably get enemy tanks advancing on both the left and right of my position while unseen tanks shoot at me from higher ground. There's just nothing I can do at all, and the team gets ground down by the slow push. I'm completely surrounded and with no option, I charge at an IS-3 and Maus. I get two shots off before dying. The most amusing things this round is when I somehow bounced a shot from an IS with my rear armor and when a T20 on the team somehow manages to slip out of the tightening noose and kill the enemy SU-14 in their base.

Battle 10 - Erlenberg:
IS-7, two IS-4s, a Pershing, and 5 T-54s on our team, versus a Maus, three IS-4s, an Object 704, a Pershing, and 4 T-54s. I'm actually typing about this game as I play it because it's a huge campfest, with both sides sitting and refusing to cross the bridge. It's about four minutes into the game before somebody spots two enemy T-54s - thinking there's an incoming attack, I move from my spot between South and Center bridge to help out and get shot twice in the rear for my troubles, once from an IS-4 and another from something else, who quickly draw back behind cover. GOOD THING I CAN JUST OUT DPS THEM RIGHT LOL. They hit my radio and fuel tanks and set my tank on fire. I put it out quickly and am down to 536 HP. Not much else happens. Some idiot in a Tiger I suggests that our "OP" T-54s just rush and kill everything. Everybody who actually drives a T-54 laughs at his inane suggestion. Some tanks venture too far and get hit by invisible tanks and die. There's a small push in the North bridge by two T-54s - they die, but manage to get enough shots and provide vision that our IS-7 is nearly dead. There's a small counter push by our T-54s, including me, who manage to get some damage done, but their Superheavies sit in their castle and there's nothing that can be done about it without the rest of our team supporting us. I engage a Pershing who is just as hurt as I am - I shoot and penetrate him once, and he returns just one shot into the ammo rack and blows up my 500 HP. The game ends in a draw as both sides are unwilling to do anything.

Battle 11 - Ruinberg:
Two IS-7s, two IS-4s, and a VK 4502 on our side, while the enemy has an IS-7, Maus, IS-4, and two VK 4502s. I watch the flanks as our IS-7 and two IS-4s push into town - they run into the enemy T-54, Pershing, and Panther II, but predictably kill one and force the rest to retreat. Our mass of heavies run into their mass - I decide to take the parallel route to see if I can pop out behind a corner in their rear and do some damage. Just as I peek around, a Maus comes towards me I take a quick potshot despite knowing it won't do anything, and of course it bounces. For some reason an IS-7, an IS-4, and Tiger decided they want to come over to my spot, and in doing so, block me off from retreating behind the corner with their fatasses. I get detracked and manage to fire off two HE rounds before their Maus, VK 4502, and some other tanks all decide that my legendary DPS is much too dangerous and prioritize me over all the other tanks in their view. Their shots penetrate my frontal armor with ease and I die. After seeing that I had taken all the shots by the enemy and they are left reloading, my teammates decide to retreat without shooting back. Somehow the game ends in a victory by our team - I think the IS-7 that wasn't busy being useless was actually a good player and got a lot of damage done.

Battle 12 - Lakeville:
Two IS-4s, a JagdTiger, on my team. The enemy also has two IS-4s, a T34, and IS-3. I start going towards town, but stop and wait because everybody is slow to move out. I wait up for the IS-4 and a T-43 and we advance haltingly. A teammate says both enemy IS-4s are coming from the valley, so we speed it up a bit. A Tiger is spotted in the difference, but the IS-4 for some reason stops beyond firing range. I sigh inwardly and charge the Tiger - I just run up and start shooting. He backs up against a wall. My shots go through his armor and he bounces two shots before I think he just gives up or something and stops shooting. Somebody has spotted a M6 down before - I go flank him and it takes me 4 shots to kill him. He predictably bounces on my frontal armor, but then a round of HE from what I think was their SU-14 hits my frontal armor and takes off 500. I rejoin the IS-4 and T-43 who have advanced without me and are now shooting an IS. I just take one shot at the IS as I run past it, not bothering to look back, because I know they'll get him and we're now racing against time. I shoot at their KV-3 on the move and to my surprise it scores a hit - two more shots dispatch it. I keep going and use a house as cover from the T32 as I shoot at the SU-14 who is slowly trying to turn around and meet us. He goes down. By this time the rest of the team has got in firing range of the T32, so I advance onto the cap point while facing him. He bounces one shot then switches to HE. He's facing down two IS-4s, a T-54, and T-43 though, so he doesn't last very long. We outcap the enemy team by a comfortable margin. This was about the only game out of the 12 where I was actually able to abuse my frontal armor to my advantage.

You might all notice at no point did I go slugging it out with a superheavy or even a T8 Heavy and win.

smokntuesdays #2 Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I quit reading after you posted "12 battles".    Also, there is a difference between overpowered and invincible.

TrackedCanOpener #3 Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
tl;dr

By itself a T-54 is a handful due to its speed and how the game calculates damage, and I've seen one more than once a T-54 circle-strafe a Maus, IS-4, VK 4502, etc. to death without getting a scratch, but when there's more than one or if they pair up with a T-44 they turn into a horde of locusts that simply smashes the other team to pieces no matter how cohesive a team's defence is.

King_Flippy_Nips #4 Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:32 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14194 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Good post enjoyable read. As a T54 driver myself I know where you are coming from, The T54 is a tough little tank but is by no means overpowered. All the people complaining should try driving it themselves its not easy to stay alive in any medium as that requires teamwork and lets be honest here, Teamwork is almost non existant in random battles. My Elite AusfB has absolutely no problem whatsoever taking out a T54 where as my KT has no chance which is what I would expect. All this crying about the T54 is to be expected. The problem is its coming from people that a) Cant adjust their strategies to deal with a powerful medium that the game hasnt had before now. Or b ) dont own a tank higher than Tier 8 and expect their IS3's / KT's to be able to continue to dominate Mediums like they did with T44's/Panthers.

Calimeromonster #5 Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 15900 battles
  • [-BOS-] -BOS-
The T-54 IS op. It's a fact. I don't give anything on the whining of those drivers of the motorized "I-WIN!"-button named T-54.

gizaman #6 Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Special Beta Tester
  • 17479 battles
  • [DKBG] DKBG
Good to read about your experiences in the T-54.

Has not played vs it myself yet, but it seems not so overpowered WHEN it is faced up with IS-4, T-32, VK--4500 etc.

Is a bit worried though that my ferdinand has no chance against it, and I have bounced shots on the t-44 with the 12.8cm gun.

Might have to use some more HE shells. Actually HE shells was in the game to smoothend out those tier class leaps.

Regarding a tier 8 TD, have a small chance vs a tier 9 medium, well I think that is an error. When a tier below tier 8 TD sure does have chances vs it.

Slugging out at long range should nok make a medium tank beat a TD that has all its advantages at that point. But I am going ISU after softwipe if the points are for it anyway. Armor is overrated.

Sleazy #7 Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 9668 battles
the only opness i see is the t-54s turret armor.

the rest is same or even worse than the 2 other tier-9 mediums.

im tired of evry match ppl whines.
sigh

BallsOFSteel #8 Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTaliac, on 02 January 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

I've shot T-54's several times from the front at it's hull and between turret and hull with my ISU and bounced every single time.

T-54's do die but mostly after a long time, i think they are to strong for a medium tank.

I have same problem i took me 5 shots i with HE to take this "medium" tank out with the Bl-10.

AOD_Tarconus #9 Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
It takes 4 shots from my is 7 gun to kill a t-54. they need a lil less health I am fine with everything else

Pahech #10 Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
The only reason that a T-54 can bounce a BL-10 is because it's on an angle, not because of its armour thickness.  Anything you were fighting could have bounced it at an extreme angle.

People in this forum like posting their extreme unlucky games, or make up stuff.  I bounced off a freakin' StuG twice in a row, but that doesn't mean the StuG is overpowered.  An IS-4 ate 5 straight hits from the front from me, but that doesn't mean IS-4's armour is useless.

Using terms such as "every single time" or "always" denote that it bounces 100% of the time.  Which clearly isn't true.  If you want to beta test objectively as oppose to trying to nerf tanks that can kill you, please actually express your real result from fighting T-54s.  I am really sick of this bandwagon.

You can argue that the T-54 is too powerful in comparison to other tier 9 mediums, or that it's a little too fast/highly armoured, or whatever, but too many people are describing it to invincible levels, which is just not true at all.

Gigaton #11 Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 4675 battles

View PostSleazy, on 02 January 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

the only opness i see is the t-54s turret armor.

the rest is same or even worse than the 2 other tier-9 mediums.

It does have odd 100mm more of effective armour on the hull than Pershing. If the T-54 is truly overpowered, then reducing the hull armour by 21mm is quite obvious fix. 198mm instead of 240mm would make world of difference, since that would allow guns under tier 9 to reliably damage it and tier 9 and 10 guns would be more forgiving of bad fireing angles.

BRICE #12 Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14536 battles
  • [P0W] P0W
I have only met the T54 with my 704 - i never had troubles killing them using AP. I just never aim for turret. Easy.
Besides i usually call a T54 - BT2 meets IS3 blended together. Its like in the movie "the fly" where a fly merges with a man.
I can agree that the T54 is the most annoying T9 medium, but not that its OP.
I usually take 45-60% of its HP in one shot depending, i have more respect for arty still.

Good battle diaries, was really interesting read actually ! +

Gigaton #13 Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 4675 battles

View Post6ep3a, on 02 January 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

I can agree that the T54 is the most annoying T9 medium, but not that its OP.

From PoV of BL-10 user this might be so but one of the biggest advantages of T-54 on the battlefield over Panther II and Pershing may be it's ability to shrug off tier 7 and 8 guns, something which Panther II can't count on and Pershing can't do at all.

Pkunk #14 Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2807 battles
Why do the drivers of T-54's feel the need to defend the fact that they are having a very good time in this op Russian medium tank?

Also;

When a ferdinand hit you in the turret its not because he is using auto-aim. Its because after the accuracy nerf most shots does not hit in the middle of
the target thingy where you aimed but somewhere else. This happens a lot from 300 m and out.

blueonblue #15 Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 12219 battles
Seems to be the same vocal balance police that follow each pvp onliner around like a pack of braying jackals.

Everyone playing WoT can have the latest OP'd tank (in their opinion only) so there is no favourtism being shown to a few.

The T44 was the last medium to have so much hatred thrown at it. A T8 level tank so it should be hard to take down.

The T54 is a T9 tank, check the vehicles at T9 and how much exp and credits it costs to even play one, the usual problem seems to be that everyone driving a heavy expects to beat every medium 100% of the time. Get a few battles under your belt, run down the Russian medium line to the T54, buy one play it or go to the website WWW.idontwantolose.com. Happy new year whiners

Cantak #16 Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 37470 battles
are you fucking kidding me, t54 is not overpowered??

i drive a panther II, and i do know how to aim.. face to face with a t54, 9 of 10 of my shots bounce of that thing, both turret and hull. at point blank range, i can't penetrate it with a AP 105mm round.. that is just ridiculous. t54 on the other hand penetrates my front with every shot. i can hit the tracks from the side, and i can penetrate the back of it, but that's about it. but how the fuck should i get behind it when it's the fastest fucking tank as well?

but the thing is, a t54 doesn't have to try outmanouver me, he can just go head to head and always win, unless it's a really bad player and shows his sides to me for no reason.

stating that ppl complaining about t54 just want to "nerf a tank that can kill us" is also wtf.. every high tier tank can kill me, the problem is that i can't kill a t54..
i rather meet a is4 or is7, at least i know i'm faster than them. i have no advantages over a t54 what so ever, only disadvantages, except the gun (on paper). it's faster, more manouverable, faster turrret traverse speed, much smaller and harder to hit, much better armour.

if you're driving a t54 and think you're an awesome player, and trying to convince yourself that it's only your own "mad skillz!!!111oneoneone" that make a difference and it has nothing to do with advantages over other players given by your tank, you're nuts.

Hornet331 #17 Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles
If your usingthe 220mm T9 gun on the panther 2 theres no way that 9 out of ten shots bounce if you shot the forntal armor, 5/10 yes defentily possible, but not 9/10.

People tend to exaggerate, I play regularry in my KT and VK (still) and can kill a T54 who tries to CC and even from far away. I rearly bounce shots on my Vk with T10 gun on a T54...

Baine #18 Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10702 battles
T54 is overpowered and everyone knows it, even the guys playing it.

And it is even more obvious when you check some of the guys stats. I saw one guy today who had 500 games in his T54 with an avg exp of 900. All other tanks (T44 etc) had less than 500 avg exp on a similar amount of games.

Hornet331 #19 Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles

View PostBaine, on 02 January 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

T54 is overpowered and everyone knows it, even the guys playing it.

And it is even more obvious when you check some of the guys stats. I saw one guy today who had 500 games in his T54 with an avg exp of 900. All other tanks (T44 etc) had less than 500 avg exp on a similar amount of games.

yeah because the games on the t44 where pre hp increase and post warp fix... and 500 avg is for sure without premium... compared with premium on the 54... appels and oranges...  :Smile_harp:

mascotzel #20 Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19530 battles
I'm far from getting near those top tiers and haven't encountered many T-54's yet. But I played a match against it yesterday.
I had a JagdPz4 and was the bottom of the list in my team (literally the last one).
Each team had an IS-7, 2 VK4502, at least 1 IS-4 in each team and they had a T-54.

The first 2 minutes of the game their T-54 scored the first (and only) 2 kills, one of them being a VK4502. Then their IS-7 dies, and T-54 scored another kill.
So the scores were : our team killed 1 (IS-7), their team killed 3 (all from T-54).
By the end of the game, T-54 killed 2 more tanks and faced the last 2 remaining of my team, me and a VK4502. And guess what, the T-54 came right next to us (neck to neck with the VK) and started popping shots at VK4502. And the T-544 had about 80% health when he came in our base. I managed to pop around 10% with 4 shots before he killed me.
The T-54 got top gun and steel wall (bounced a lot I think).

In this match I saw a way too powerful T-54.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users