Jump to content


12 Battles in a T-54


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic

StronkTonk008 #221 Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:34 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 9862 battles
  • 202
  • Member since:
    12-07-2010

View PostMARMIST, on 08 April 2011 - 09:49 PM, said:

Just finished a battle. Bounced Tiger 3 times, bounced T43 4 times and M6 3 times. Panther 2 behind me using me as a shield. That was..... :D:D:D:D   Finished with 100%.

Oh, and this too was.....omg.

Posted Image
Posted Image
OH god ufo attack

xack #222 Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:39 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostChaos123, on 09 April 2011 - 12:34 AM, said:

OH god ufo attack

:D

MARMIST #223 Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles
  • 811
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View Postxack, on 09 April 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

I always forget to ask. What do you think, how will new detracking system will affect T54 gameplay? Buff or mega buff?

Buff or mega BLUFF is the correct answer. It might mean that from now on if you shoot the T54 side you will not track him anymore but will do damage. Or it can mean that you will track him AND do damage.

Thinking again, you probably will not track him and not damage him neither.  :mellow:

Entaro #224 Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 260 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    12-13-2010

View Postxack, on 08 April 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

When you need speed you take PantherII as an example, when yo need damage you take Pershing as an example and when you need armor you take heavy as an example. And when you put it all together it's not better than a T54, is that what you want to say? And that T54 got heavys armor is fine for you? Maybe we should give heavys same agility as T54 got, all we have to do is same thing shoot the sides, nothing changes does it? Did i understood you correct? And why T54 can't do peek-a-boo?

Oh last question, do you event think before you write?

The T-54 has no speed or acceleration advantage (equal or less). Ok, the Pershing has less top speed than the other two - but acc REAL fast and pivot-turns.
The T-54 has no damage advantage (22% more damage on both the other two and their shells cost less e.g. ~600cr Pershing HE ~1200cr T-54 HE).
The T-54 has NOWHERE NEAR the armor of a heavy!!! ONLY it's front armor is equal of a heavy ONE TIER LOWER. You can't angle a T-54 effectively like a heavy (squishy sides)! Which is the real advantage of a heavy.
I was not trying to compare the T-54 to a heavy-sry for miswriting/misunderstanding. My point is, that you all are used to shoot on (front) armor like that - BUT YOU ALL WHINE ABOUT THE T-54 IS INVINCIBLE! THAT is ridicules!

And I didn't say the T-54 can't peek-a-boo. This tank just suck there compared to the other two, because the T-54 needs 5sec for a full aim with stabilizer and 116% gunner. Both the Panther II and the Pershing performs way better here.

No aggression intended - english is not my first language ;)

Flankhard #225 Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 12604 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010

View PostEntaro, on 05 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

The other high tier mediums can shoot you down from afar. You won't see them - you just hate the bush with the big gun.
You see a T-54 hummin around you, shooting right in your face and you try to hit it on the turn and hit the tracks and ground and turret...you hate the T-54.
Its not the T-54 fault that a trackhit dosen't do any damage nor a shoot bounces if you hit the wrong place!

Nice to see somebody who can see bit further then the tip of his own nose  :Smile_honoring:

I was a bit sceptic when these T9 mediums where first introdused. Especially of the T54. The "light tank = scout tank" becomes obsolete in high tier matches, but now suddenly you had a tank that was capable of going into and behind enemy lines early in the match.

Perhaps it's unfair that the Russians get the best scout tank, but it seams to be in line with the doctrine of: Russian tanks = crap accuracy compensated for by the ability to close with the target.

I haven't tried any of the T9 mediums, so my comment is purely from the other side of the gun barrel though  :Smile-hiding:

nafnist #226 Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 10597 battles
  • 501
  • [NAF] NAF
  • Member since:
    11-20-2010
T-54 has its small size. Worst gun, worst viewrange and all that doesnt matter cuz IM LOW like a gangsta ride homie

Pershing and PantherII seem quite capable in skilled hands, as be the case with T-54.

Baifo #227 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:11 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 35688 battles
  • 6
  • [-EFS-] -EFS-
  • Member since:
    01-03-2011
We all will see many T54 after a few months. Also many IS 7. Many spanish players who wanted to play primarily as germans , as myself, are switching to the soviet tree to be competitive. I have seen enough after 3000 battles to be sure, and its OK. This is a game we like and all we  want is  have fun being competitive. T54 is fun and competitive. I will go for it.
S!

Gilmir #228 Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 3779 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    07-28-2010
And once again... After a few days of finally playing it I think, this tank is just unbelievable ;)

Who thinks it's accuracy is crap? I can reliably hit anything at viewrange if I stop to aim. I doesn't feel much less reliable then a Ferdinand gun to me for example. The later being on a TD... I played Panther (before I sold it to buy T54 before the wipe) and maybe it was a little more precise, but honestly, who cares. In the T54 you CAN get close and get away alive.

Before upgrading to the last gun I already could take any T9 med head on and mostly survive (I actually did a few times just for the fun of it). Basically - a stock T-54 is more or less equal to a fully upgraded Panther II in my opinion.

Now, after aroundish 160 battles I have around 60% win ratio. AND I DON'T EVEN REALLY TRY THAT HARD. I (many other T54ers admit it as well) DO STUPID THINGS. Just to have a laugh. Or to try it out. You basically can do, what in lower tier battles the "suicide scouts" do BUT if you get killed, you survive far longer, giving your arty time to kill some tanks OR (even better) you can pop yourself an arty or two as well. And if you actually happen to find ANY tank alone - THEY ARE DEAD. OK... for a Maus you'd need gold ammo or way too much HE to have fun...

Honestly, as I finally got to play it, I can (finally really unbiased) say - this is the definition of an idiot friendly tank. It's ideal for all the ADHD victims of our times who don't have any patience!

PLEASE, DON'T NERF THIS TANK!!!!!!! I'm getting one as my first goal after the release. And THEN it's going to be REALLY FUN! Because there won't be that many T10 heavies around! Then, WE WILL RULE SUPREME ;););)

sego #229 Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 18497 battles
  • 541
  • [START] START
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010
honestly ... according to my playstyle, I will not grind more than Tier 8 (I assume 6 months till that)
so there will be not som many stupid battles with this sci-fi tank  :Smile-hiding:

So selfish said >>> I dont care of Overlord and his "T-54 is fine, not OP" ... I will not fight against it

Snoken #230 Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 9282 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    07-16-2010

View PostGilmir, on 11 April 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

And once again... After a few days of finally playing it I think, this tank is just unbelievable ;)

Who thinks it's accuracy is crap? I can reliably hit anything at viewrange if I stop to aim. I doesn't feel much less reliable then a Ferdinand gun to me for example. The later being on a TD... I played Panther (before I sold it to buy T54 before the wipe) and maybe it was a little more precise, but honestly, who cares. In the T54 you CAN get close and get away alive.

Before upgrading to the last gun I already could take any T9 med head on and mostly survive (I actually did a few times just for the fun of it). Basically - a stock T-54 is more or less equal to a fully upgraded Panther II in my opinion.

Now, after aroundish 160 battles I have around 60% win ratio. AND I DON'T EVEN REALLY TRY THAT HARD. I (many other T54ers admit it as well) DO STUPID THINGS. Just to have a laugh. Or to try it out. You basically can do, what in lower tier battles the "suicide scouts" do BUT if you get killed, you survive far longer, giving your arty time to kill some tanks OR (even better) you can pop yourself an arty or two as well. And if you actually happen to find ANY tank alone - THEY ARE DEAD. OK... for a Maus you'd need gold ammo or way too much HE to have fun...

Honestly, as I finally got to play it, I can (finally really unbiased) say - this is the definition of an idiot friendly tank. It's ideal for all the ADHD victims of our times who don't have any patience!

PLEASE, DON'T NERF THIS TANK!!!!!!! I'm getting one as my first goal after the release. And THEN it's going to be REALLY FUN! Because there won't be that many T10 heavies around! Then, WE WILL RULE SUPREME ;););)

Don't worry, it will not be nerfed...the other T9 meds will.

labg11 #231 Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9394 battles
  • 163
  • [D250A] D250A
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010
You know that tank is seriously unbalanced when it takes more shots (average, tested on oh! so many battles) from a GW-Tiger to blow it than to blow an is-7 or maus.

That's just plain wrong. And hey!, i do not play as an arty as a main vehicle. The same phenomenon can be seen when you compare the average shots it takes to blow those little *random insult here* tanks from every gun in the game compared to hits needed to kill something of their tier or even higher.

I'm also just tired of seeing those things taking almost half of a KT hp with one lowsy shot just to be gentle sratched in return while speeding and bumping around the terrain. The vehicle excel at every single category and the combination of it's attribute is an insult to every other tank.

Regards,

Arcticce #232 Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 20900 battles
  • 160
  • Member since:
    08-15-2010
Well the Senario wouldint be like this if you have tried the panter or the pershing and they never ding shots ever ...  German tanks have the (engine fire from frontal shots) feature,  And the us have the (what armour) feature ..  

While the russian t54 have the (ill ding more then a churchbell at a weding)  feature...

Gz on you achivment to obliderate the opposing team in a stock t54 without even having to care...

Ziltoid #233 Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 8753 battles
  • 71
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010
Posted Image

Nobody likes a T54

xack #234 Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostEntaro, on 09 April 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

The T-54 has no speed or acceleration advantage (equal or less). Ok, the Pershing has less top speed than the other two - but acc REAL fast and pivot-turns.
The T-54 has no damage advantage (22% more damage on both the other two and their shells cost less e.g. ~600cr Pershing HE ~1200cr T-54 HE).


Equal or less, if its equal to Panther II (personaly i don't think so), but anyways compare traverse speed, armor and weapons:

Panther II vs T-54

Top speed: lets say equal
Acceleration: lets say equal
Armor: lol
Traverse speed: lol
Weapons: I don't know where you get 22%, but i would like to see it. It's about 2% DPM difference. Oh right Panther II weapon is much more accurate, but wait my friend. If you value accuracy so much, did you event knew that T-54 is more accurate than Pershing.

Oh right almost forgot, T-54 ammo are expencive :D, because it got fastest FIRE RATE!!!

Well atleast we can, penetrate sides and rear, because T-54 is slow, not agile and all good ppl allways turn side and rear to you, oh wait ...

Gatt #235 Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 16474 battles
  • 633
  • Member since:
    04-27-2010

View PostArcticce, on 12 April 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

While the russian t54 have the (ill ding more then a churchbell at a weding)  feature...

Thats the best I've read so far .....  :lol:

Carthoo #236 Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 6699 battles
  • 184
  • [GAP] GAP
  • Member since:
    11-19-2010
As late german tanks driver (actually whole tree almost) and new russian tank driver, I still say its OP. It was, it is, and it will be. You are one of fastest machine in the game. You have the best armour from all meds. You have an average gun. Your maneuverability is fantastic. Your profile is so low that it makes you almost invisible. Need more arguments for OP?!

I saw an  SS where T54 had 15 frags - WHOLE GODDAMNED ENEMY TEAM WITH IS7 ON TOP (which he said did hit him 3 times, and his T54 bounced it all). Sure, the guy was one of the best here. Sure, he had luck. BUT HE SAT IN THE BEST OP MACHINE HERE, THATS THE MAIN REASON!

Nothing persuades me, that T54 isnt OP after that.

Yo and stop whining about skilled Panther II drivers. Sure, he kick your ass. But skilled T54 driver is nightmare. When he is lucky too, its armageddon.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users