• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

TNTGibbon #1 Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17522 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
Yes it's this topic again  :sceptic:

Wife moaning about using her laptop so I've dug through my bits box and built up a desktop. Turns out MB/cpu are fried and out of date any way and the spare GPU is rather decrepit as well.

I have a case and a 750w PSU and at least one of the HDD I have lying around should work, if not a tiny SSD will do nicely. O/S I already have.

Budget under £400

Needed Motherboard, cpu, gpu and memory. Enough to run WoT on half sensible settings. On wifes laptop I run all at minimum or off and get 25fps and cope with that so anything better is a bonus.

Thanks in advance, I am so out of touch I have literally no idea of what is good anymore. I have become a "User". Oh the shame.

Gibbon

Edited by TNTGibbon, 06 May 2013 - 12:29 PM.

SgtMasa #2 Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8289 battles
  • [SNR] SNR
I built new desktop last autumn. I already had a case so all I needed was all other hardware in to it. ASUS M5A97 LE r2.0 motherboard, AMD FX-6100 3,3 ghz 6-core CPU, 550W power unit ( can't remember brand now..), 4Gb RAM (later added 8Gb more) 1Tb HDD, Club3D GeForce GT620 1Gb graphics card (later ASUS Radeon HD 7750 1Gb). All those I first mentioned components I bought for just a bit over 430€, But with those later added stuff total cost became a bit over 550€. IMO it's reasonable price and that pc can definately handle about everything that comes to my mind... So, if you are thinking about building own setup... there's one option.

Also tagged with selfbuild, pcspecs, gamingpc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users