My opinion about "new player" codes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Ronineter #1 Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17987 battles
  • [READ] READ
Last year I've been to firstlook And got a new player code for 1500 gold And 3 days of premium. I wasn't Able to use it because I wasn't a new player And all my gaming friends from GNC who were also there got THE Same code And all our friends already had wot. (Worst of all these were leftovers from gamescom and there already expired, Same with a friends code for THE pz III ausf j code.)

And recently I got another "new player" code wich I of course couldnt use.(no I dont give it to a person I dont know, I already have someone That get Will get it from me, so dont PM me about it!)

Really WG?

i find this tactic rater diquisting to existing players, giving more or none to new players than Youre existing clients.

Worst off all is That you give away new player codes to people on Event's like firstlook were people maybe come for THE free stuff( I wasn't there for wg only, but there were people That were And got really dissapointed) And which were left overs from a other event so They had a bad expire date from around 2 months.

So would it be better to give away codes on Event's for existing players?
or is it better to attract only protential new players?

Edited by Ronineter, 11 May 2013 - 07:36 AM.

Ocelot_Shalashaska #2 Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35972 battles
it's called promoting, spreading the word - in real life you get first sample for free, and it's a full pack, and then you won't get them anymore because promotion is over but you can buy them. Occasionally you can buy them as -20% or 4+1 so I don't see the problem here.

Mral9999 #3 Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4523 battles
its a promotion to get more people to play the game- which is good cos then you get more matchmaking and varied battles

Yamaxanadu #4 Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1215 battles

View Postrise_of_the_D, on 11 May 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

it's called promoting, spreading the word - in real life you get first sample for free, and it's a full pack, and then you won't get them anymore because promotion is over but you can buy them. Occasionally you can buy them as -20% or 4+1 so I don't see the problem here.
It is called spamming... Since information is useless and do not promote anything.

Ronineter #5 Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17987 battles
  • [READ] READ
I know That Its promotion. But then THE fact to give always promo codes That are from a Event's half year ago were They also got a free tank for existing players.  

And later advetise with free stuff for new and existing And when people get it there is only a code for new players.

Edited by Ronineter, 11 May 2013 - 08:14 AM.

Aerious2 #6 Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15869 battles
Yeah, could be nice if existing players could use 1 "new player" code. I got my first new players code just a few days after buying gold myself, and starting over to use it was not really an option:(

soulboystu #7 Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9471 battles
Its standard practice these days, how many ads do you see where the deal is for "new customers only" or not available for existing customers. I know a huge tv company always does that to get newbies into their grasp. So to be honest wg is just marketing the same way, which seems to be standard practice these days. Ive only been in wot for less than six months and have had 2 or 3 bonus codes in that time and then the free gold password event so it aint all bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users