approved WG cheats ? ( weak points skin, arti zoom mod )

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

ico #1 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Just curious are there other WG approved cheats ?
The weak points skin is an obvious cheat since it damages the tank much more with critical damage + HP damage and WG will obviously not care because they want you to get critical damage for the possibility of milking money.
For example WG devs themselves add cheats into the game, like shooting the track mantlet on Churchill will cause HP damage and detrack.

ico #2 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
WG shillers doing the neg-rep game already, that was fast.

Big_Rick #3 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I think you might have cheat and mod confused, a hit-skin mod (which i can proudly say i have never used) only changes the skin of the tank, it doesnt hit the weakpoints for you, you still have to do that yourself, but things like aim bots and cheats that allow you to shoot through terrain are cheats, as it actually alters the game mechanics. A general rule of thumb is that If a mod does not alter the in-game mechanics (camo, pen etc) then it is legal, but if it begins to make the player supported by automated functions (aim-bot and so on), which is cheating, then it is not a legal mod

And it is very difficult to get cheats and hacks for WoT as nearly everything is done server-side

And i thought they fixed the track bug on churchil VII?

Edited by Big_Rick, 12 May 2013 - 12:23 PM.

SarahGruber #4 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
What a ridiculous bullshit...

First: Any weak points skin does not alter the precision of the gun. If someone needs a colored area to realise that behind that viewport is a crewmember or where the engine is located, then they are free to ruin the optics of the game.

Second: On what world does "critical damage" equal "milking money"?

Third: How can you - after over 12k battles - not have even the slightest understanding about hitzones and penetration mechanics?

EDIT: Maybe the negreppers have a point? With a score of almost -1700 there should be some sort of thinking process starting in you

Edited by SarahGruber, 12 May 2013 - 12:20 PM.

_intoxicated_ #5 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
It's taken you 12k battles and you haven't even done the slightest bit of research yourself about the game  :harp:

monotomic #6 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I use the best cheat that WG has allowed. It's called BRAIN... And the best thing about it is that you don't need to install it as it should be already installed inside everyone that plays the game. I call it cheat because it often seems that using it is somehow impossible for many.

Clown skins (hit zone skins) are rather useless if you have any knowledge about the game and tanks you face.

HonzaM #7 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postico, on 12 May 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Just curious are there other WG approved cheats ?
The weak points skin is an obvious cheat since it damages the tank much more with critical damage + HP damage and WG will obviously not care because they want you to get critical damage for the possibility of milking money.
For example WG devs themselves add cheats into the game, like shooting the track mantlet on Churchill will cause HP damage and detrack.

The problem is that there are tons of people out there who use this cheats and these ppl will now neg rep you hard.

And yes those "mods" as they call them, because it sounds better than cheats, right? are mostly ignored by WG because they don´t know how to deal with them or they don´t want to upset the cheaters, their customers.

Judqment8 #8 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Please don't tell WG, but I'm using minimap.  :harp:

Private_Miros #9 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostHonzaM, on 12 May 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

The problem is that there are tons of people out there who use this cheats and these ppl will now neg rep you hard.

And yes those "mods" as they call them, because it sounds better than cheats, right? are mostly ignored by WG because they don´t know how to deal with them or they don´t want to upset the cheaters, their customers.

I neg repped him and never used ugly hit boxes :)

In fact, I'm even pro a ban on hit box skins. But the OP's dribble will be dribble, despite the subject.

glueman71 #10 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Hit skin cheat? This thread lost my interest really fast. Nothing to see here...

olukej #11 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 12 May 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I neg repped him and never used ugly hit boxes :)

Ofc you don't use ugly hit boxes Miros, you use our in-house WG cheat package.

Edited by olukej, 12 May 2013 - 12:45 PM.

Pman #12 Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
How very boring,

Things like hit box skins are not cheats, some people need to understand the difference between a mod and a cheat. If it doesnt effect the game mechanics its not a cheat, there is no fundemental advantage to those skins other then they know WHERE to hit, doesnt mean they can aim and hit it even if they know where it is.

Sometimes people on here just show that they are idiots, and I am shocked its someone who has had quite so many games

DarkFenix #13 Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Don't feed the troll ladies and gents.

XxAl3xX #14 Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
You're talking about the clown-mod like it's somewhat of a mod that gives you 100% chance of ammo-racking/setting on fire an enemy tank.
That mode is only for those who doesn't know or refuse to know where to hit a tank to do something against it.

Also, what about "Using your Brain" cheat, "Minimap" cheat and "Situational awarness" cheat? Why didn't you make a thread about them too, and blame WG for that?

Ah, and sorry for being out of -1es, I gifted you with them in your previous topics.

PS:I'm ashamed to see that a player with so many battles can talk rubish like this.

aviva24 #15 Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postmonotomic, on 12 May 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

I use the best cheat that WG has allowed. It's called BRAIN...
It's absolutely right words! :honoring:
Very sorry that many players don't uses this cheat... :child:

J00F #16 Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Dont use word cheat. Its mod like J1mbo etc ...

lolkidspain #17 Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
So, the wiki is a cheat too right? since it has the same info and from your point of view knowledge equals cheating...

Well, I guess they should start removing every tutorial and video that gives any kind of information about this game, we can't have people learning how to play.. that's cheating!

Coenraad #18 Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hitbox skins are definetely a form of cheat. As they give the opponent a easier and above all faster way to hit weakspots. Those brightcoloured bits stand out from the tank and make target aquiering allot easier, especialy trough foiliage / smoke.
Sure you can try and remember all weakspots, but with the ever increasing amount of tanks that are brought into WoT this becomes an increasingly harder task.
Especialy for those not playing very much such a skin will definetely make life allot easier on him, giving him an advantage over another average Joe who does not have the skin.
And any way of getting an advantage over the other guy like that, is more or less cheating, as you do have that slight advantage.
The only reason they are allowed is becourse WG just has no way of banning them without removing the posibility for having custom skins.

This is just my thought on this topic. If you believe otherwhise, fine with me.

olukej #19 Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
You do realize trying to aim for these weakspots reduces your DPM and makes you expose yourself much longer ?

Tbh, I'd rather deal damage to the tank than aiming for his godamn driver that will absorb the shot (and which can be insta-healed anyway).

aviva24 #20 Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
The list of prohibited modifications of the game client (on RU-forum WoT)