Lorraine - Better remove it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

joyuesp #21 Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53397 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
the batchat is a hard tank to master, with the lolraine before it most players will stop there or skip it, for wg its the same since you pay or you cry.

JohnnyMaverik #22 Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19128 battles
If you hate the Lorraine you won't like a Batchat... so yea, might as well stop that grinding.

Edited by JohnnyMaverik, 19 May 2013 - 11:54 AM.

Kvaak #23 Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles
Well, that's not really true since the BatChat fixes a lot of the 40t's problems, mainly the gigantic size and low camo. You're still made of paper though. As a bonus you also get a much better gun even if you're a tier higher.

JohnnyMaverik #24 Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19128 battles

View PostKvaak, on 19 May 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Well, that's not really true since the BatChat fixes a lot of the 40t's problems, mainly the gigantic size and low camo. You're still made of paper though. As a bonus you also get a much better gun even if you're a tier higher.

Agreed, but I said if you hate the Lorraine. If you find it irritating but can make it work then the Batchat will be good to great, if you genuinely hate the Lorraine and can't work with it I doubt the Batchat is going to be a great tier 10 experience, it might not be as painful but there will be pain. I haven't gotten that far to be fair so IDK, maybe the Lorraine really is a POS compared to the others in that line but I've seen a lot of footage and the Lorraine has always looked awkward but still very much usable if you have the hang of those kind of machines.

Edited by JohnnyMaverik, 19 May 2013 - 11:40 PM.

lecoche #25 Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33676 battles
How  are you supposed to ambush? You lose surprise factor the second, you go forward. Then enemy just need to angle and you puked up because they turn around themselves faster than you can circle and your turret cant keep up the speed anyway  :popcorn:  thus, you have to face them head on with a gun that's supposed to shoot in the buttocks. The gun may have average 200+ PEN but the spread is made that you can be sure that the time you get a lucky PEN factor for the bullet, you are already dead.

Situational tanK? The other word for turd tank? This fecal matter deserves the hate.

Edited by lecoche, 21 May 2013 - 05:29 PM.

anonym_RHITWPAatrxF #26 Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Lorraine 40t is a wicked tank. Super mobile tank, awesome gun, big squishy hull. I personally like it, and I find it highly playable, even though my track record isn't really great with it.

As you have to rely on some beefy team mates to fix and distract your targets, the Lorr very team dependent. This can be very frustrating in randoms. When a match goes bad, it's extremely difficult to "turn" the match, as no matter how you position/move, you just can't avoid taking a lot of damage in tight situations.

When you find the Lorr camo value bad and the mobility lacking, just play German high tier meds (not the Leo line) for a change, you will find the Lorr very easy on you after those.

ktistai228 #27 Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15170 battles
First off, noxpara, you n00b:)) 51%WR and 1542 avg damage (we know each other in real life, no need to panic)
Second off, most of what he said is true, sniping and ambushing is what you should usually do. Second off note that the mobility of this tank is just wicked, I love it for that. And the god awesome gun, I play it with Vert Stab/eGLD/Vents and BiA for the crew, with 6th sense and deadeye growing. Yes there are maps where you can't do anything, yes there are times when you just get overpowered. But remember, you can kill ANY tier IX medium in one clip, and severely cripple pretty much every other tank you'll ever met. You find yourself alone or in a bad position, you can run. This is one of the few tanks that can really do that. Move often, change positions.
Also, very important
DO NOT GET GREEDY
is that clear? If you can get 2-3 shots without receiving attention it's usually enough. Don't risk standing still or in the open just to get that "extra" shot in. The Lorraine seldomly forgives a mistake. Eyes on the minimap, keep clear of packs of enemies and hit when they can't/won't hit you.
This is a hard tank to play. I'll be the last one to say the opposite. But my God it is satisfying when you get it right. 42 snipers. Oh yeah, and a Steel Wall. Eat that.
So, use your brain, respect your enemies, learn your tank and it'll do good.
It's more than most tanks require, and if you think you don't want to put it into it, go play something else. But don't bash the tank because YOU can't play it.

lecoche #28 Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33676 battles
You like this tank. Good. We just have our own way of showing our appreciation for the rendered service.  :playing:  We speak about this marvel, so it will add to the Lorraine fame, you should be happy :trollface:

runeolse #29 Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7913 battles
The lorraine seems like a nice prep. for how you would want to play the batmobile.
Defensive first few mins of battle then  ambush / oppertunist / wreak havoc on damaged foes halfway trough battle.
I just finished the grind for batmobile on it, all games tier 9 and i have to say i like it :)
Would not recommend skipping it with free xp or anything, just adapt and play to its strengths and its good 2 go:)

JPKERR #30 Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19690 battles
  • [CELL] CELL
Lorraine is good only when supporting from long range or in occasions when your team is not totally retarded and actually covers you (1% of battles).
Its just horrible in most battles i get. Ammo rack and turret is damaged by most frontal hits. I guess french used ammo as spaced armor.
I just want AMX 13 with 105mm gun. Most of us do i think. But WG said that AMX 13 105 had too modern rangefinder so it cant make it to game. I dont see a problem here, its not like historical properties have major impact on statistics anyway, not in this game.

Tro1l #31 Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23746 battles
I have to say I love my Lorri. I have a horrible win rate in it, but the amount of damage this thing spits out is pure awesome sauce, making for very fun gaming. I can understand why a lot of people hate it, as it is purely a support tank, and very tricky to master.

koez #32 Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16345 battles
Had to pick a fight with a T-54, managed to hit it only once, to it's side armor.
The best aspect of this hilarious episode was that I couldn't lower my aim enough when it was near me, t-54 was too shallow in height.
The enemy tank driver possibly knew this and kep following me in near range - and since my stock gun couldn't  penetrate the turret, i was dead in few seconds.
This has to be the worst tank on IX tier, stock equipped or not! 1390 is far better when driving stock Lorraine.

Cpt_Blue #33 Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24023 battles
Its about the same as other french tanks, paper armor and that includes the heavy line.

Smradina #34 Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30025 battles

View PostArkhell, on 16 May 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

Lorriane at tier 8 when it got released was perfect.

you had the choice between the fast reload en firing 90mm with 212 pen and the slower reload and slower firing 100mm with more damage and 232 pen, it was fast and it was a tier 8 medium giving it just the sweet spot it belonged into.

then the nerfing started. breaking the gun accuracy and aimtime, reload time, in clip reload and accuracy on the move to none excisting plus a HP nerf. then a while later it got pushed up to tier 9 with a slight hp buff, 90mm got removed reload time got cut with like 5 sec and accuracy on the move got bumped a bid.

so a perfect tier 8 med got broken so bad it wasn't any fun anymore on tier 8 and then it got pushed a tier higher without any actual compensation for it.

it's one of the tanks WG wants you to skip with free exp sadly.

Agree. Sadly, I bought lorraine maybe a week before they announced introduction of T10 meds and TDs. And its worst T9 med by http://www.noobmeter.com/tankStats/eu

View Postruneolse, on 23 May 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

The lorraine seems like a nice prep. for how you would want to play the batmobile.
Defensive first few mins of battle then ambush / oppertunist / wreak havoc on damaged foes halfway trough battle.
I just finished the grind for batmobile on it, all games tier 9 and i have to say i like it :)
Would not recommend skipping it with free xp or anything, just adapt and play to its strengths and its good 2 go:)

I think that 13 90 have more in common with bat then lorraine. Actually, loraine have nothing in common with other tanks from that line except 6 shells in clip.
Also, I played it after bump up to T9 only for doubles :D

Blah92 #35 Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40313 battles
I bought lorr back after 8.6 and i have to say that im having a lot of fun with it. After bumping it up to tier IX i could not get a hang of it so i sold it thinking WG broke this tank. I bought it back now and it is a pretty good tank still very hard to master. With artillery nerf and changed accuarcy system in 8.6 this tank became a little bit easier to play.

PiranhA399 #36 Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19300 battles
It's not that bad if you know how to play lorraine, that tank is only for support it has pretty good gun so all you need to do is hide behind heavy tanks and aim to enemy's weak points, destroy their tracks and in the end you can easily destroy damaged tanks. but if you have a bad team then you're totally screwed cause you can't rush with lorr, you can't defend everyone can penetrate you and you can never go 1on1 against other tier 9 meds or heavies. so lorraine is as good as your team

Edited by PiranhA399, 06 August 2013 - 09:05 AM.

Hajvanho #37 Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27667 battles

View PostEnermaX, on 16 May 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

I never played Lorraine, but doesn't it behave like a 50-100?

View PostSringoot, on 16 May 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Yes, but compared to a 50100 the Lorraine's opponents compare like this:
- more view range => they see you faster
- better camo => you don't see them
- bigger guns => more dmg/shot
- more dpm => you die faster
- more high tier arty/tier X TD => more insta deaths
- more health => way more difficult to finish off loners
- more experienced players in higher tiers => they know how to deal with you better

Excatly like the EnermaX said.. if you keep up to the play style which is proven good for 50-100, you should be able to do the same with lorry.. and even a bit faster due to boost in RoF. :P

Sorry but I really had to comment just because of this.. xD

- more experienced players in higher tiers => they know how to deal with you better

if we had that much more experienced players in high tiers.. this game would be awesome. But quite the contrary.. there is much more brianiacs to be filled with shells in tier IX and X than in VIII. Just imagine all the guys that keep their tier VIII tanks for the ESL or whatever.. damn nasty.

no_name_cro #38 Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18939 battles
ehmm, still don't get why AMX 13 105 wasn't introduced instead of this? It fits the line better that is all.

Hajvanho #39 Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27667 battles

View Postno_name_cro, on 08 August 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

ehmm, still don't get why AMX 13 105 wasn't introduced instead of this? It fits the line better that is all.

If I remember well.. they didn't want to introduce it here because they want to put it in the EU tree xD

no_name_cro #40 Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18939 battles

View PostHajvanho, on 08 August 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

If I remember well.. they didn't want to introduce it here because they want to put it in the EU tree xD
Nice move WG. So people get brick instead of another awesome tank.
Lorr. doesn't simply fit the AMX concept....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users