Jump to content


Lorraine - Better remove it


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

radd666 #81 Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19284 battles
  • 2,498
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012

With lorry it is all about the positioning and taking the 1st shots, even many times sniping what others spot, but in order for you to make your ''move'' the scout must be good enough to survive.

 

I play it rarely but when I play it I really enjoy.



troolie #82 Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48959 battles
  • 437
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012
Lorraine is good and can often turn a defeat into victory when played right. But, it's definitely not for everyone as it's unforgiving and requires careful planning to deliver damages.

LisbonYoloer #83 Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29234 battles
  • 564
  • [POR-1] POR-1
  • Member since:
    04-01-2011

Liked mine but yeah you need concentration to do good with it.

 

I hoped WG would give this tank the long 90mm like in AMX 50 100.



Darkwindas #84 Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15131 battles
  • 94
  • [THG] THG
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

Interesting point of views. For instance i have noticed that loraine rarely influences outcome of the battle. Its a mop up tank. It can do well when team is winning, but frankly, the team would have won without the loraine anyway. And probably would have benefited from more damage done by themselves. Couple that with utter garbage stock that loraine gets - it is not enjoyable tank. I had like 35-30% win ratio while i drove stock loraine and i hated this fat cow. Now i managed to pull it back to 49%-er but i still do not enjoying it. Too situational, too vague. AMX 50-100 is WAY more enjoyable despite having this horrible 50sec drum reload...

 

Stock loraine is enough to force 50% of players go quit french med line in disgust....



Tugnut #85 Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:59 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20318 battles
  • 327
  • [XCEL2] XCEL2
  • Member since:
    11-15-2012
my self love this tank at point of posting this my stats in it are:Lorraine 40 t - 50 games 68% winrate in it.


radd666 #86 Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19284 battles
  • 2,498
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012

View PostDarkwindas, on 19 February 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Interesting point of views. For instance i have noticed that loraine rarely influences outcome of the battle. Its a mop up tank. It can do well when team is winning, but frankly, the team would have won without the loraine anyway. And probably would have benefited from more damage done by themselves. Couple that with utter garbage stock that loraine gets - it is not enjoyable tank. I had like 35-30% win ratio while i drove stock loraine and i hated this fat cow. Now i managed to pull it back to 49%-er but i still do not enjoying it. Too situational, too vague. AMX 50-100 is WAY more enjoyable despite having this horrible 50sec drum reload...

 

Stock loraine is enough to force 50% of players go quit french med line in disgust....

 

I had most fun battles at that stage with it. Don't think everyone sucks at it. Somewhere I heard that the stock gun on the lorraine is also good for randoms. Just that the tank is too balanced for most players to think any good of it. The lorraine is and will be a well rounded tank for the good player to keep up with it's team members. Stock grinds aren't made to make it easier you know...



lecoche #87 Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33676 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    12-15-2011

It was supposed to shine and a game changer when introduced, but many new tanks have come since then. And they all have signicantly better advantages over it. Not only are the lorraines written stats against it , but even the hidden ones :

 - accuracy when not fully aimed

 - accuracy bloom when moving

 - shape of turret and hull
 - enormous turret ring

 

 

It's a relic of the past, a reta-ded dinosaur, who didn't adapt survive evolution. Its features are outdated. The new medium tier 9 are just better. Everything it can do, all contenders can do better, or have ways to bypass it.

The famous speed to relocate? 10km/h better than average competitors at the expense of maneuvrability. Since you still have to make your u-turn to go away, then your hull traverse (10° worse than the average) will burden you. By the way, relocating means you failed to kill... For a fighting vehicle that forsakes defense for attack, having fail attack power , it's the ultimate punchline of a joke. It sums it up right, Lorraine 40T, the game creators joke.:deer:



Rosetta_and_Philae #88 Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 49206 battles
  • 2,225
  • [WTFX] WTFX
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View Postlecoche, on 02 March 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

It was supposed to shine and a game changer when introduced, but many new tanks have come since then. And they all have signicantly better advantages over it. Not only are the lorraines written stats against it , but even the hidden ones :

 - accuracy when not fully aimed

 - accuracy bloom when moving

 - shape of turret and hull
 - enormous turret ring

 

 

It's a relic of the past, a reta-ded dinosaur, who didn't adapt survive evolution. Its features are outdated. The new medium tier 9 are just better. Everything it can do, all contenders can do better, or have ways to bypass it.

The famous speed to relocate? 10km/h better than average competitors at the expense of maneuvrability. Since you still have to make your u-turn to go away, then your hull traverse (10° worse than the average) will burden you. By the way, relocating means you failed to kill... For a fighting vehicle that forsakes defense for attack, having fail attack power , it's the ultimate punchline of a joke. It sums it up right, Lorraine 40T, the game creators joke.:deer:

Agreed its not a defensive tank hence the lack of any armour and its crippling aim and rof make it just a tank with no clear defined purpose. All we know is we have to believe in this support tank theory which gives this tank some reason for being here but of course that is utter nonsense. Look at the T54E1, its supposed to be on level terms with the Lorraine hence the same tier but its miles ahead. It has some decent armour and much better offensive/defensive capabilities. I'm actually thinking of grabbing one and trialling it with the idea of comparing these two tanks.

 

What I think of the Lorraine in its current state + or -

 

+ Speed of a scout

+ Good view range

+ Good penetration

+ Good signal range

+ Cartridge reload fine

+ Turret traverse speed

 

- Its not a scout its too big.

- Traverse is pants. Oh it is better than the Cent7/1 and E-50 but they are both miles ahead of the Lorraine in most factors

- Signal range really isn't what is needed here but the French do like their music so that was a necessity

- Aimtime is actually bordering on being the worst of all tier 9 Mediums but with the WZ-120 coming in at 3.4 it is saved

Armour doesn't exist, the French had tight resources so the metal destined for the Lorraine(proper) ended up doon the road moulded into the Foch

- The camouflage wasn't stupid, it got out when it had the chance

 

So Its more of a tank with rather good peculiar qualities but those qualities are barely significant or match winning when its deployed.

 

Wish me luck with the Yankee autoloader:trollface:

 



Unlucky_kat #89 Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26545 battles
  • 339
  • [-OVF-] -OVF-
  • Member since:
    12-24-2012
I think it is good but i would rather use t54e1 over this. I find it most useful at the start of the game to find a good sniping spot/supporting other tanks while trying to not get hit at all(am also looking for options for flanking but at the start of the game it is usually too risky). After that it can be useful to mop up/harass tanks that have alrdy been damaged

Edited by Unlucky_kat, 17 April 2014 - 07:55 AM.


Fordox #90 Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13969 battles
  • 583
  • Member since:
    02-14-2013

I like this tank more than i thought I would :)

2352 average damage dealt and 2763 average WN8.



Pokemaster99 #91 Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 14232 battles
  • 225
  • [W__F] W__F
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012

Lol is true, but its a tank that depends on LUCK.

 

Killed Obj. 140 & 3 others in one game :smile:

 

Next game RNG shi*ts on you :teethhappy:



Fordox #92 Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13969 battles
  • 583
  • Member since:
    02-14-2013
Meh, luck? You just need to know where to find your cover when you reload and you need to find the weakspots/choose your targets more carefully. Thats about it actually :)

spodletela #93 Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8153 battles
  • 50
  • [F_4_F] F_4_F
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011
Check Fordox stats now. After a few more battles his skill of finding the good spot is falling to the stats of other lor players. Probably he forgot where the snipping spots are. Or he is not carefull enough.:facepalm:

Fordox #94 Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13969 battles
  • 583
  • Member since:
    02-14-2013

The tank is still great, winrate says nothing. The Lorraine is very team dependant, you can't carry the game as good as in any other tank. I give you that. But like any other autoloader, it is a support vehicle. If you can't snipe or go into cover, there's not much you can do for your team.

My average damage is still above 2100 (which is the most of any tier 9 tanks i have had) with a WN8 of 2250. The last few days for me personally didn't go well. Yesterday I had a great day again and the energy is back (3000+ WN8).

 

And please. DO NOT make this personal towards me, I do not respond well to this stuff.

http://www.noobmeter...tela/500942591/

You have huge balls to come at me with your below average stats.

Such stronk. Much wow.


Edited by Fordox, 08 May 2014 - 09:41 AM.


Busse #95 Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 21248 battles
  • 191
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010

I have the Lorraine fully upgraded now but i have to say that i had the 100mm cannon from the AMX 50 100 so the grind to 100% upgrade was easy. This tank is a beast if played right. I have around 2500 WN8 with it in more then 50 games, over 2300 dmg per game and around 2 kills per match. If some of you think this is not game changer, then what do you mean by "game changer"?

 

Lorraine is a tank that punishes the driver's mistakes in a big way. You are to rush, you die. You miss shots, you die. You do not use your brain, you die. Frankly, whatever you do wrong, you die.

 

Lorraine and Bat Chat are tanks that shine brightest in the second half of a game, when you have knowledge about the map and the enemy occupied positions. When you know where to strike most damage and take less, where the enemy is weak and can be overrun by a 1800 dmg drum and where that drum will make the difference.

 

Those that complain about the Lorraine will find the Bat just as bad.

 

As for a guide, a guide is not going to help the driver that thinks if he is there first he will win a Grand Prix. A guide will help a driver that already knows to be patient and to seek opportunities.

 

Never shoot your drum in a spot where you have no way to retreat. 

Search for weak spots in the enemy lines.

Never be first spotted.

Always be ready to run because you can do it great. 

After you took a shell, don't waste time there anymore because you will take some more.  

Be map aware at all times, where are the enemies and what enemy is where or last seen, this will bring you opportunities to assassinate lone targets that hold positions or try to scout your team.

All in all, this is not a front line tank nor a scout and you cannot play it like that. You are an assassin, a [edited]that bites from behind and runs when the big fellow turns to see you, you are a coward that hits and runs and if you don't like it, try a different link of tanks.


Edited by Busse, 09 May 2014 - 11:49 AM.


spodletela #96 Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8153 battles
  • 50
  • [F_4_F] F_4_F
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011

View PostFordox, on 08 May 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

The tank is still great, winrate says nothing. The Lorraine is very team dependant, you can't carry the game as good as in any other tank. I give you that. But like any other autoloader, it is a support vehicle. If you can't snipe or go into cover, there's not much you can do for your team.

My average damage is still above 2100 (which is the most of any tier 9 tanks i have had) with a WN8 of 2250. The last few days for me personally didn't go well. Yesterday I had a great day again and the energy is back (3000+ WN8).

 

And please. DO NOT make this personal towards me, I do not respond well to this stuff.

http://www.noobmeter...tela/500942591/

You have huge balls to come at me with your below average stats.

Such stronk. Much wow.

 

Lol. And you have guts to play smart to the people who actually have real life and play WOT for fun and stress dumper at the end of the day. Let me tell you a secret, MOST players here play it for fun and as they can never compete with bunch of people who traded their life for a tank they just cant be much over average. And for people like this, playing Lorr is dreadfull, and this is something that people like you just dont understand. And i would bet it is not in WG interest to have 1000 leet people on the servers but rather 2000k normals. Ergo, this rant over Lorr is perfectly normal and should be heard, it is hurting their business, while people defending this tank are hurting the fun for all others (who might enjoy it).

 

Actually this debate is going into wrong waters. Almost ALL players of lorr hate it. The stats are proving the same. Doesnt matter what few individuals think about it.


Edited by spodletela, 11 May 2014 - 07:45 PM.


Fordox #97 Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13969 battles
  • 583
  • Member since:
    02-14-2013

So because I have my own opinion, I don't have a life and all my arguments should be invalid? whoo-hoo communism! And how do you know that I don't have a life, purely based on the fact I like a tank in the game?

And read this please: http://www.learntoco...in-video-games/

 

You just dont understand you can have fun in this tank. I find this tank more fun than a lot of other tanks, purely because you have to drive it with skill.

 

 

Quote

Ergo, this rant over Lorr is perfectly normal and should be heard, it is hurting their business, while people defending this tank are hurting the fun for all others (who might enjoy it).

*sigh* if you have a democracy, some people just may not vote because they have a different view on their country? Bye bye democracy, hello dictatorship.

 

Faith in humanity on the internet lost again.


Edited by Fordox, 12 May 2014 - 08:14 AM.


radd666 #98 Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19284 battles
  • 2,498
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012
I rarely get below 3k WN battles with it. Lovely when you don't have arty raining on you all the time.

Edited by radd666, 12 May 2014 - 09:15 AM.


spodletela #99 Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8153 battles
  • 50
  • [F_4_F] F_4_F
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011

View PostFordox, on 12 May 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

So because I have my own opinion, I don't have a life and all my arguments should be invalid? whoo-hoo communism! And how do you know that I don't have a life, purely based on the fact I like a tank in the game?

And read this please: http://www.learntoco...in-video-games/

 

You just dont understand you can have fun in this tank. I find this tank more fun than a lot of other tanks, purely because you have to drive it with skill.

 

 

*sigh* if you have a democracy, some people just may not vote because they have a different view on their country? Bye bye democracy, hello dictatorship.

 

Faith in humanity on the internet lost again.

 

Lol, with post like this i can only complain that you forgot to add some dragons and a princess.



Fordox #100 Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13969 battles
  • 583
  • Member since:
    02-14-2013
And you didn't make any sense in the first place.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users