New Clan Wars Campaign – First Stage Revealed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
We’re revealing an extensive list of details and information regarding the first stage of our upcoming new and re-designed Clan Wars campaign. Be the first to know!

Full news text

VP compensation rules from Support website

Zegrze #2 Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23238 battles
I have to admit, I am rather looking forwards to this whatever happens :)

Just wondering about the tier limits though, will certain vehicles be restricted to lower tiers such as arty, TDs and scouts or will it be a free for all slug fest? The reason I ask is that fun though it may be racing around, blowing up KV1 tanks in a Chaffee, T49 or AMX 13 F3 AM it would seem a little unfair  :glasses:

Jesterix_ #3 Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12968 battles
  • [CURS] CURS
Looks Good fun, shame I ain't with a clan anymore

gen1je #4 Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23876 battles
This is pathetic. Half of the news about "achievements" and telling us we have to grind even more. I dont see a reason to pay you real money for this.

Turxard #5 Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27813 battles
  • [HR-P] HR-P
M60 patton definitely worth participating for him

Doppel_ #6 Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19796 battles
  • [FTBGD] FTBGD

View PostMak0r, on 22 May 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

grind even more..

why most of the tanks t1-t6 u should have already researched.

7auf1Streich #7 Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16126 battles
Interesting i must say, could be a nice way to get my clan into all playing tegether and see how we get on.

ps. anyone whos looking to join in this whos not in a clan, talk to me ingame.

FireflyDivision #8 Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23715 battles
  • [CMON] CMON
Will tank freezing be active during this?

Sharana #9 Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 17772 battles
Yes, it's the current freezing.

cannonboy225 #10 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11794 battles
  • [FSF] FSF
What if a clan can't capture a single province?

_DynamicGameplay_ #11 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42458 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
Now this part:

11. Automatic Victory Points distribution is enabled for each step until the end of the stage. Rules are as follows:
Capturing a regular province grants 5000 Victory Points
Capturing a key province grants 15000 Victory Points
Losing a regular province takes away 5000 Victory Points
Losing a key province takes away 15000 Victory Points

You lose equal to how much you gain for capturing it?

Let me see if I got this right...
If you fight for one province and win it, and next day you lost it and you do nothing until the end of Stage 1, at the end of stage 1 you will get 500 VP.
If you play all 10 days and win, say, 5 provinces, keep them for few days, and then eventually lose them all by the end of stage 1; at the end of stage 1 you get 500 VP.

So, it doesn't matter how much you conquer nor when, but whether you conquered ANY or not during the stage and whether you hold any provinces by the end of Stage 1.

Is that it?

In short, only those who hold key provinces and/or more than 3 normal provinces by the end of stage 1 are eligible for winning a special tank. Everything else doesn't matter...

Also, it was mentioned in news before that VP will be transfered to gold at the end of each stages. It seems you forgot to mention it (or I just missed it) - What will be the conversion rate?

Edited by john_doe7, 22 May 2013 - 06:14 PM.

MajorStarLord #12 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 53615 battles
  • [322] 322
GG Wargaming

Exostar #13 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10977 battles

View Postjohn_doe7, on 22 May 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Now this part:

You lose equal to how much you gain for capturing it?

Let me see if I got this right...
If you fight for one province and win it, and next day you lost it and you do nothing until the end of Stage 1, at the end of stage 1 you will get 500 VP.
If you play all 10 days and win, say, 5 provinces, keep them for few days, and then eventually lose them all by the end of stage 1; at the end of stage 1 you get 500 VP.

So, it doesn't matter how much you conquer nor when, but whether you conquered ANY or not during the stage and whether you hold any provinces by the end of Stage 1.

Is that it?

Yes, which means the clans that can fight on multiple front are going to wipe the map. And after the first day new clans are locked out of attacking apart from the provinces and you know some clan is going to camp around those provinces and stop anyone from breaking out. Overall it means you have to be either always holding the line or attacking and expanding to do anything.

View Postcannonboy225, on 22 May 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

What if a clan can't capture a single province?

your screwed and out of the competition.

Edited by Exostar, 22 May 2013 - 06:13 PM.

e_pluribus_unum #14 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6316 battles
  • [G_BUS] G_BUS
In other words, if you are not in one of the top 5 clans on the server, you are just a worthless number in WGs book.

Sharana #15 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 17772 battles
Yes to hold the lands in this 9 days is about the daily gold. If you start attacking in the last 3-4 days (with all tanks unfrozen) and capture some critical territories you can be in the top 5.

WarxOfx23th #16 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10063 battles

16. Players of clans that have the Top 5 Victory Points scores for the first Stage will receive a special clan tank (M60). To receive this tank, the player has to have participated in at least 5 battles in the first stage of the Campaign.

Looks like WG WG'ed me, in their previous post they stated that the top 30 clans will recieve one too.

Rammsch31n #17 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 53331 battles
Will the servers go down if all T1 cunninghams will shoot on every map in the  very same time? :) Cuz there are serious laggs too in the normal CWs...and what will happen then in campaigns?

Doryhost #18 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33095 battles
Q: Will provinces still provide gold income, or just Victory Points?
A: Provinces will still provide gold income along with Victory Points.
Q:Will the Tank Locking be in place? What about other functional?
A:To answer your questions about tank locking, yes it will remain in place. However, if you look at the chart from the original announcement of TL, you can see that lower tier tanks are locked for a much shorter length of time, starting with just a few minutes and progressing to a few hours as the tier goes up.
The rest of the functional will be disabled or enabled along with the stages. You will be able to see some new, though not so major stuff during the Campaign
Q:What are characteristics for the M60 tank?
A: Since vehicle is currently being tested, characteristics are still subject to finalize. What can be said for sure is that tank will be similar, though different to Patton III. Additionally, it’s not a premium, but regular tank. It won’t be stronger than currently existing Tier X vehicles
Q:Why the Clan Wars were locked on the day of Campaign announcement?
A:This is connected to Portal update, which took place on the same date. You can read more about it here
Q: What about other Tier X special clan vehicles we’ve seen?
A: They won’t be given during the first Campaign. Probably they will be distributed in upcoming events.
Q:How many tanks will be distributed in total?
A: We will give away up to 5000 M60 tanks during the first Campaign.
Q: Will there be a live scoreboard, where everyone can check out current VP ratings?
A: Yes, it will be released close to the Campaign start. Clan Wars page will also look differently during Campaign compared to current version
Q: Are there any plans for Tiered Clan Wars?
A: Yes, there are plans to perform a 'test' of Tiered Clan Wars in next Campaigns and compare results with the first Campaign, where Tiers will be changing gradually. At the end we select system, which will be more welcomed by players.
Q: Why you’ve decided to reserve tank for Clan Players?
A: Well, CW was a high-end content, but it had no special prize for participation. It was one of many reasons why it lost it dynamics over time. That's why we decided to reserve something special for Clan Wars only and add more competition there. We would like to stress the attention, that M60 is not another vehicle added in-game, but a special prize. Like a laptop for winning a tournament.
Q: During the redistribution: After winning a landing tournament, will we still need to send players in to battle ‘civilians’ or will the province be considered won via a Technical Victory?
A: There will still be a necessity in sending at least 1 player in battle. Draw will results in victory for the player's clan.
Q:How will eligibility for the “Iron and Blood” medal be determined?
Do I need to stay on a single clan’s roster for the duration of the whole event?
If I participate in 3 battles with one clan, then switch to a different clan for the last two battles, will I still qualify?
A:To receive specific Stage or Campaign prize player has to be a part of clan victor for that Stage or Campaign. So battles only in clan awardee clan will count.
Q: At what point will victory points be distributed for owning provinces?
A: At the end of the Stage, if contrary is not stated in the Stage rules Global
Q: Which maps will we have available for us during this event? Will the Canada section be opened or will we keep the European maps open during this time?
A: Canada, Greenland and USA. The rest will be disabled
Q:Can the M60 only be used in Clan Wars battles?
A: Yes, it can be used in Clan Wars battles. But you should remember that they will be credited only after the Campaign ends
This is from NA forum.

Exostar #19 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10977 battles

View PostSharana, on 22 May 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Yes to hold the lands in this 9 days is about the daily gold. If you start attacking in the last 3-4 days (with all tanks unfrozen) and capture some critical territories you can be in the top 5.

execpt the clans that have been attacking the longest will have built up the most land and also the most gold/chips to defend them. So its going to be very easy for them to hold the line.

So you have to start on day 1 or your doomed.

And if your a large clan you can attack faster than anyone else and get more territory. And the largest clans are almost always the best clans.

Sharana #20 Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 17772 battles

View PostWarxOfx23th, on 22 May 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Looks like WG WG'ed me, in their previous post they stated that the top 30 clans will recieve one too.

top 5 in every of the 4 stages + another 30 from the campaign overall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users