Jump to content


[Let's Share] Additional information regarding recently posted updates


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

_Quasar_ #1 Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10089 battles
  • 122
  • Member since:
    02-22-2011

*
POPULAR

Dear all,
As promised below, Michael (Storm) added some clarifications regarding all the information we have published during the last days:

Disabled tracers:

Tracers will be disabled for all vehicles, except for SPGs. This means that tracers from SPGs will still be visible for everyone, just as it currently is in the game. However the area in SPG strategic aiming mode, where tracers of invisible vehicles are shown, has been reduced. To see them you will need to be closer to the point where they originated from.
During the process we have also removed the tracers of your own shots. But you should not be worried about it too much. We will probably bring it back with the 0.8.6 release, maybe even with the tracers of your allies’ shots.

Nerf of “HEAT” shells:

As announced previously, this is still planned. A detailed list of the changes will be shared closer to the release date.  

100% trained crew for new accounts:

Will be available only for the tier 1 tanks that are available with the account creation. This feature will not be applied to any newly purchased tier 1 vehicles.

About the changes in game economy:

The income of all vehicles from the 5th tier to the 10th tier, except SPGs, will be increased. The changes will also be applied to the premium vehicles.
  • Premium tanks up to the 8th tier will be leveled by the most profitable tier 8 vehicles. The income of less profitable vehicle will be increased.
  • The income of tier 8 vehicles will remain unchanged
About the optimization of the sniper mode view:

Well, this is just a mechanism of reticle stabilization in sniper mode. It helps a lot during aiming on railroads, crushed fences etc. You will be able to fire faster, since you won’t have to wait until the tank stabilizes on this curvy terrain. It’s really useful and after internal tests we decided to implement it.

New premium tanks:

In 8.6 we will add the long expected Tier V Heavy A33 Excelsior tank. But we won’t add the Sexton, because there will be too many changes for SPGs in the next update and we want to analyze their performance first.

Actions using in-game physics:

“A mechanism was added, which allows determining what bonuses (XP, credits, frag count) will be granted for damaging or killing tanks using physics (pushing into water or from cliffs etc.) and who should receive them.”

This sentence means that there is not only a mechanism, but that this actually works. We will provide you with more details in further patch notes.

New super-heavy spall liner:
  • USSR: KV-4, KV-5
  • Germany: GW typ E, Jagdtiger8,8 , Jagdtiger, JagdPz E-100, VK4502 B, Maus, Lowe, E-75, E-100, VK7201
  • USA: T95, Т110Е3
  • Britain: Tortoise, FV215b, TOG II*
* If any tank has a spall liner installed, it will be automatically changed to the new super-heavy version, which will be moved to your depot. We’ll move it there first, since the new spall liner weighs 1.5 times more, and may not be compatible with your current vehicle set-up.

New camouflage mechanics:

Prior to the update we will release a separate document just about these new mechanics. Stay tuned.

Tower shift for E-100:

Tower on the E-100 will be shifted forward by about 30 cm.

Tuccy #2 Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

    Czech Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 14372 battles
  • 6,482
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    10-24-2010
Hope the 100% crews for beginners will help to learn the crew handling earlier. I still remember how I didn't knwo for several days what the "+" symbol means when I got first 100% crewman back in Beta  :smile:

Mral9999 #3 Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4523 battles
  • 133
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012
sounds good

EvilIy #4 Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3970 battles
  • 1,585
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostTuccy, on 24 May 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hope the 100% crews for beginners will help to learn the crew handling earlier. I still remember how I didn't knwo for several days what the "+" symbol means when I got first 100% crewman back in Beta  :smile:
Yea, right. :) What news about test? I think it will be in next week, but..

Tuccy #5 Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

    Czech Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 14372 battles
  • 6,482
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    10-24-2010

View PostShinobu_Oshino, on 24 May 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Yea, right. :) What news about test? I think it will be in next week, but..

Cannot share right now yet, all shall be revealed when the time cometh  :hiding:

View Postrewwer, on 24 May 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

historical reasons...

Well yes. Weight distribution is iportant  :blinky:
the models of in-game vehicles are being worked on all the time - armor, visual... While the turret shift by 30cm may not be ground-shattering gameplay change, it might be more aesthetically pleasing that way  :glasses:

yoda0072 #6 Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11300 battles
  • 4
  • [N_O_F] N_O_F
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012

View Post_Quasar_, on 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

About the changes in game economy:

The income of all vehicles from the 5th tier to the 10th tier, except SPGs, will be increased. The changes will also be applied to the premium vehicles.
  • Premium tanks up to the 8th tier will be leveled by the most profitable tier 8 vehicles. The income of less profitable vehicle will be increased.
  • The income of tier 8 vehicles will remain unchanged
Finally making money with my Chaffee won't be that hard anymore  :smile: .

Mamluke #7 Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12640 battles
  • 27
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011

View Post_Quasar_, on 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:



Tower shift for E-100:

Tower on the E-100 will be shifted forward by about 30 cm.

NOOO  this will be a nerf!! it will make harder to do side scrape moves... is this intencional?!?!

pls don´t do this, side scraping is the E 100 strong point...

EvilIy #8 Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3970 battles
  • 1,585
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostTuccy, on 24 May 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Cannot share right now yet, all shall eb revealed when the time cometh  :hiding:

But like always you know! :P Great, really great! So... we will see. :)

Ectar #9 Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Military Reserve
  • 9559 battles
  • 7,265
  • [TMATO] TMATO
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012
Woot! Credit for drowning tanks and pushing them off cliffs! Can't wait!

Astrarooth #10 Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 34847 battles
  • 3
  • [-TEK-] -TEK-
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
You should seriously consider to limit the number of arties to 2, rarely 3 on open maps, especially if combined with more heavy tanks. My typical example is the Sand River map but I could mention any other open too. If I'm so unlucky to go with a T34 and I get 3-4-5 arties then what exactly I'm supposed to do there? The tanks is terribly slow on sand, low rotation, low speed and if anyone spots me which can happen easily then their arties kill me quickly. I feel like I'm dropped their as an arty food. A fast tank can easier avoid being hit by arty but a slow heavy has no chance on open field. The game is realy boring with 3 or more arties and it is world of arties not world of tanks on open maps. The planned SPG nerf is not enough and the open maps should have more agressive limitation for the number of SPGs. What I realy hate and I think that is the problem with the SPGs most that they typically attack the tanks which are in action and just very rarely the tanks which are sitting somewhere waiting. Which is logical somehow since those are only rarely spotted and SPG does not have time to aim correctly but they can follow the tanks in action comfortably. What is the impact on open maps with 3 or more arties ? If I'm with slow heavy then I'm only wise if I find a good and more or less protected place or stay far away the action and try to avoid the action otherwise I'm killed quickly. Totally contrary impact. I understand the role of SPGs but believe that this is not fulfilled on open maps if there are 3 or more. They only play the killing machines role for high tier heavy tanks which reduces or even excludes the chance to enjoye the game. I guess this is not only my problem and I learnt and still learning the techniques to avoid arties but I don't want to play such game but probably stay in lower tiers where the game is enjoyable since SPGs can have much much less influence on the gameplay.

Sake78 #11 Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5598 battles
  • 845
  • [TRJNS] TRJNS
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011
Great.. one more custom skin down the drain...IS-4, now E-100.

tomogaso #12 Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 19990 battles
  • 2,503
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

View PostEctar, on 24 May 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Woot! Credit for drowning tanks and pushing them off cliffs! Can't wait!
You realize you wont get anything if you drown QuickyBaby, right?  :tongue:

Sturmtiger_304 #13 Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 19603 battles
  • 4,081
  • Member since:
    08-18-2010

View Post_Quasar_, on 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Tower shift for E-100:

Tower on the E-100 will be shifted forward by about 30 cm.
Screenshot available? Sounds pretty strange & this makes side scraping even more harder to cover the extremely weak lower front plate.

*Edit: spelling.

Edited by Sturmtiger_304, 25 May 2013 - 12:20 AM.


ApolloF117 #14 Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 40452 battles
  • 90
  • Member since:
    01-13-2011

View Postrewwer, on 24 May 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

historical reasons...
now give him the maus turret and the 170mm gun for "historical reasons"

TempSGK #15 Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 9024 battles
  • 1,035
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View Post_Quasar_, on 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

About the changes in game economy:

The income of all vehicles from the 5th tier to the 10th tier, except SPGs, will be increased. The changes will also be applied to the premium vehicles.
  • Premium tanks up to the 8th tier will be leveled by the most profitable tier 8 vehicles. The income of less profitable vehicle will be increased.
A bit confused, so need some clarification here.  Certain tier 8 Premium tanks will have increase income and some will not and Is it linked to other tier 8 premiums or tier 8 vehicles?

Edited by TempSGK, 25 May 2013 - 12:40 AM.


Quickfingers #16 Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Community Contributor
  • 43832 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    10-04-2010

View Posttomogaso, on 24 May 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

You realize you wont get anything if you drown QuickyBaby, right?  :tongue:

Please clarify that for him I don't think he listens :'(

Bayart #17 Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6011 battles
  • 176
  • Member since:
    07-28-2011

View PostTempSGK, on 25 May 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Certain tier 8 Premium tanks will have increase income and some will not and Is it linked to other tier 8 premiums or tier 8 vehicles?

Well, the most profitable T8 vehicules being T8 premiums anyway (Löwe and whatnot), we can just except all the under-performing (credit-wise) T8 premies to be buffed.

Nugget_Coolface #18 Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20761 battles
  • 221
  • [MUROP] MUROP
  • Member since:
    07-11-2011
Tracers disabled = not good at all.
I've actually turned down special FX when firing the gun to Low just to see where my shots actually go and how fast.

This will be particularly frustrating when buying a new tank with a new gun and you need to learn how fast your shells travel - to adjust for moving targets.

Either add shell velocity to the ammunition info cards or atleast keep the ability to see your own tracers.

EvilIy #19 Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3970 battles
  • 1,585
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostEctar, on 24 May 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Woot! Credit for drowning tanks and pushing them off cliffs! Can't wait!


Yooot! Can't wait? Don't worry, all we must. :D

Ivan1984 #20 Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12682 battles
  • 91
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostFrn_h, on 24 May 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

You should seriously consider to limit the number of arties to 2, rarely 3 on open maps, especially if combined with more heavy tanks. My typical example is the Sand River map but I could mention any other open too. If I'm so unlucky to go with a T34 and I get 3-4-5 arties then what exactly I'm supposed to do there? The tanks is terribly slow on sand, low rotation, low speed and if anyone spots me which can happen easily then their arties kill me quickly. I feel like I'm dropped their as an arty food. A fast tank can easier avoid being hit by arty but a slow heavy has no chance on open field. The game is realy boring with 3 or more arties and it is world of arties not world of tanks on open maps. The planned SPG nerf is not enough and the open maps should have more agressive limitation for the number of SPGs. What I realy hate and I think that is the problem with the SPGs most that they typically attack the tanks which are in action and just very rarely the tanks which are sitting somewhere waiting. Which is logical somehow since those are only rarely spotted and SPG does not have time to aim correctly but they can follow the tanks in action comfortably. What is the impact on open maps with 3 or more arties ? If I'm with slow heavy then I'm only wise if I find a good and more or less protected place or stay far away the action and try to avoid the action otherwise I'm killed quickly. Totally contrary impact. I understand the role of SPGs but believe that this is not fulfilled on open maps if there are 3 or more. They only play the killing machines role for high tier heavy tanks which reduces or even excludes the chance to enjoye the game. I guess this is not only my problem and I learnt and still learning the techniques to avoid arties but I don't want to play such game but probably stay in lower tiers where the game is enjoyable since SPGs can have much much less influence on the gameplay.
As stated by devs, this is impossible. They have tested that and the result was that they had to limit every single vehicle class and waiting time up to 10 minutes... it was pain in the ass.. thus, forget it..




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users