War Thunder Ground Forces!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

TheDerpyHooves #41 Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8473 battles
If the Ground Forces is gonna be like Air Forces in WT, I wont play it, LaGG-3 was a junk heap yet it is a killer in arcade Bf-109 on other hand was on par if not better than the Spit and its pretty much a HB only energy fighter so if they do it like Air Forces, expect to see T-34's in arcade one shotting you're precious Tiger I's with its historical weapon thus forcing you to play a 2nd rate online tank sim if you're gonna play Germans (Might as well get a copy of T-34 vs Tiger).

Rostlaube #42 Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22240 battles

View PostSylveon, on 02 June 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

If the Ground Forces is gonna be like Air Forces in WT, I wont play it, LaGG-3 was a junk heap yet it is a killer in arcade Bf-109 on other hand was on par if not better than the Spit and its pretty much a HB only energy fighter so if they do it like Air Forces, expect to see T-34's in arcade one shotting you're precious Tiger I's with its historical weapon thus forcing you to play a 2nd rate online tank sim if you're gonna play Germans (Might as well get a copy of T-34 vs Tiger).

couldn't agree more. at the moment it's (early) WoT all over again. for some reason russian (or ex-sowjet area) developers can't develop their games unbiased.
since both companies developed for the russian market in the first place, it seems like they think they need to make sowjet/russian vehicles overpowered. but WoT clearly proved the oposit. russian players want their competitive online games balanced and fair, like everybody else.

sruz25cz #43 Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7780 battles

View PostRostlaube, on 02 June 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

couldn't agree more. at the moment it's (early) WoT all over again. for some reason russian (or ex-sowjet area) developers can't develop their games unbiased.
since both companies developed for the russian market in the first place, it seems like they think they need to make sowjet/russian vehicles overpowered. but WoT clearly proved the oposit. russian players want their competitive online games balanced and fair, like everybody else.
The "russian bias" is mostly caused by the fact that there is special team for soviet planes (they have acces to some secret documents) and it's not easy to balance it when there are two teams, but it's getting fixed (for examle La-5 and La-7 which were overperforming).

View PostSylveon, on 02 June 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

LaGG-3 was a junk heap yet it is a killer in arcade Bf-109 on other hand was on par if not better than the Spit and its pretty much a HB only energy fighter.
Tiger P was a junk heap IRL too... I don't see your point in comlaining that something is unrealistic in arcade. And if you climb and BnZ in arcade (and you don't get involved in turnfights) in plane whitch is good at it, you can do a LOT. I regularly surve long time (ending up with at least few kills) in AB flying corsair even though it can't turnfight without bleeding a lot of energy... WoT is more noob-friendly I agree with that...

sruz25cz #44 Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7780 battles
And I forgot to mention that they (gaijin) actually COMUNICATE with players - live Q&A (closest think WG did is ASAP vids and that's really far), frequent activity at forums (not like here where you rarlely see them responding in someones thread). There still are some bugs, unbalanced planes and so on, but a lot players still respect them - and it's not only because the game is good

Edited by sruz25cz, 02 June 2013 - 07:44 PM.

Pikachu_Trainer #45 Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8103 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY
In my opinion I think WoT will be better at Tank Warfare than War Thunder would be, but that's only my opinion and can't wait to try out War Thunders Ground Vehicles for myself

Zoraktar #46 Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5194 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ
Lets see... Lets see...

It's like everybody said:
"WoW is killed by Aion"
Aion died
"WoW is killed by Start wars online"
Star wars online died...

Ofc they look pretty but i wonder if they are 100% penetrable everywhere...  :playing:

del504082484 #47 Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22525 battles

View Postroflcake, on 29 May 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Yeah I now the end of WoT and all that.. but look at your sig!1!1!!!... its tracks did not come off!1!1!  :ohmy:

This cannot be! nerf!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: and in the end, it comes down to one thing for me, WT has the better game engine, so more potential, WoT has too many game limitations that could well turn out to be the reason that people will like WT more. But no one can be so sure for now, not until we see more updates on WT's ground unites.

Edited by UnFriendly83, 03 June 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Majcip #48 Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4944 battles
We haven't seen any gameplay trailer yet, but we admire the quality of the models they presented. Which is really good. War Thunder is game with big potential. I play their Aviation game and it is very promising and entertaining game. Graphic is impressive for MMO game, such as physical and destruction model plus you have a cocpit view. I love how they divided their battles into three mods of arcade battle, historic battles and full-real. Also you can play some singleplayer missions with your friends. With comparing it with World of Warplanes, the War Thunder is the winner. Atmosphere of the game in World of Warplanes is nowhere to be found and it all aspects War Thunder is better than World of Warplanes.

But what about World of Tanks?

World of Tanks vs ground forces of War Thunder? No one can precissely tell, which is better, as no one played the final version of War Thunder's ground forces. So far you can tell, that World of Tanks is becoming stucked. While the WOT was a great game when it started, today you can find many aspects of the game that drives you mad. The engine which WOT runs on is shit. When Wargaming introduced prototype tanks into the game, the game lost its originality. I don't appreciate this move but still what can I do about it? Second wrong move was when tanks of WW2 era become mixed with post-war tanks. I think Wargaming should divide these into WW2 and Cold-War era. Next thing is its stereotype, no atmosphere, bad match making, sound of engine is so much wrong and really anoying that it can not be found near the realistic. No area destruction, no voice commands, no ability to turn off the chat or resize the HUD. And many bad things. You have to wait till match ends to get your tank back to garage. I feel like I'm done with this game so far. I had enough of it and when War Thunder Ground forces come, definitely I'm moving to War Thunder tanks.

Why War Thunder?

With experience that I have from playing War Thunder so far, I can predict that it will bite World of Tanks into the ass! Graphic is amazing, sounds are close to real, atmosphere is exciting, maps are good. What do I expect of War Thunder tanks? That it will bring entertaining gameplay. Realistic vehicle models and various models of tanks (like Panther Ausf A,G,D, and possible F), great destruction model, good voice commands, playing with more tanks at one map in arcade mode, realistic battles, realistic gun damages and penetrations and many other aspects. So I'm looking forward to this game!

Stianby #49 Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18861 battles
  • [IRF] IRF
Yep, let there be no doubt.
WT will own WoT, especially as WG are treating WoT like a self sufficient entity, and not caring about changes to it that improve gameplay.

I'm tired of the constant rambling in polish and every other language except language in chat. Which makes it impossible to give or recieve instructions. Only after the ex-soviets are dead they suddenly know english, and one word in particular, noob. Oh and team.

Dongfeng_division #50 Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27439 battles
  • [R1SE] R1SE

View PostStianby, on 04 June 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

Yep, let there be no doubt.
WT will own WoT

You have not played WT Ground Forces but you know that it will own WoT. That says enough about the bias here.

especially as WG are treating WoT like a self sufficient entity, and not caring about changes to it that improve gameplay.

WG is actually constantly changing gameplay and mostly for the better.

Rostlaube #51 Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22240 battles
what i wish ground forces will be: big maps, long range combat, realistic damage and armor model, no enemy indicators (only known positions on the map), nation vs nation, you should actually need to identify enemy vehicles, rely on your eyes and brain

what i think it will be: WoT 2

Majcip #52 Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4944 battles

View PostDongfeng_division, on 05 June 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

WG is actually constantly changing gameplay and mostly for the better.

That is not true at all. You can predict what will WG put out in new patch. YES! New Tanks! Game is getting boring and it is very stereotype. Engine is shit. They reached their success and they are quite happy with it. They are getting enough money. Now it is more about money than community and gameplay quality. This game has no atmosphere.

Pikachu_Trainer #53 Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8103 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY

View PostMajcip, on 05 June 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

That is not true at all. You can predict what will WG put out in new patch. YES! New Tanks! Game is getting boring and it is very stereotype. Engine is shit. They reached their success and they are quite happy with it. They are getting enough money. Now it is more about money than community and gameplay quality. This game has no atmosphere.
I think you're wrong, WoT is a good game and WG are improving the game, yes there are new vehicles but also new maps, more bug fixes and better physics, in my opinion even with WTs Ground Forces, WoT will still be better.

Majcip #54 Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4944 battles

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 05 June 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

I think you're wrong, WoT is a good game and WG are improving the game, yes there are new vehicles but also new maps, more bug fixes and better physics, in my opinion even with WTs Ground Forces, WoT will still be better.

Im not saying it is a bad game but I think the game development has stopped. It is always new tanks, and 1 or 2 new maps. Bug fixes are present but nothing else. The last big and great move was introducing the physics and graphic. Anything else is average in my opinion. I see many things that could be changed, added to make this game more interesting. Im glad that this game has its fans and hardcore players. But I feel like I had enough and game has nothing new to offer. So basicaly those last 4 patches with new tanks and nations didn't do anything in my opinion. And I really hate the engine of the game.

Edited by Majcip, 05 June 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Pikachu_Trainer #55 Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8103 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY

View PostMajcip, on 05 June 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Im not saying it is a bad game but I think the game development has stopped. It is always new tanks, and 1 or 2 new maps. Bug fixes are present but nothing else. The last big and great move was introducing the physics and graphic. Anything else is average in my opinion. I see many things that could be changed, added to make this game more interesting. Im glad that this game has its fans and hardcore players. But I feel like I had enough and game has nothing new to offer. So basicaly those last 4 patches with new tanks and nations didn't do anything in my opinion. And I really hate the engine of the game.
What do you want them to do? Change the engine to Frostbite?

Ry0K3N #56 Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16142 battles
  • [PPD] PPD
WoT

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 05 June 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

What do you want them to do? Change the engine to Frostbite?
Maybe changing and improving the same crappy gameplay what we have since open beta. That would be a nice change, but nooo lets add more useless tanks and maps. Thats quite an improvement, and lets keep the crappy random factor lets keep the crappy spotting system lets keep single core support. They had 2 years to change any of theese despite bathing in money yet they failed. WoT is a good game at the begining but the more you play the more you realise its flaws. Flaws that have in the game since launch.

Edited by Ry0K3N, 05 June 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Pikachu_Trainer #57 Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8103 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY

View PostRy0K3N, on 05 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

WoT
Maybe changing and improving the same crappy gameplay what we have since open beta. That would be a nice change, but nooo lets add more useless tanks and maps. Thats quite an improvement, and lets keep the crappy random factor lets keep the crappy spotting system lets keep single core support. They had 2 years to change any of theese despite bathing in money yet they failed. WoT is a good game at the begining but the more you play the more you realise its flaws. Flaws that have in the game since launch.
I don't think all are useless

Aegon17 #58 Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 819 battles

View PostRy0K3N, on 05 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

WoT

New tanks are not useless BUT that is not enough... we get 1 map in every patch which are always too small. I know they said they will add larger maps and a new mod and that is a good move to atract more players and improve the game. Still there are soooo many things which they can add/change. Game engine is one of them (after every update i get -10 fps which is weird -.-) and single core support is the worst thing in the game engine and wg said they will not change it in the near future :(. I stopped playing WoT for now.. but i plan to return. The missions they have added are awesome though but i would like to see the same missions as in other servers ... (because NA and RU > EU).
Gaijin has a chance to do a very good game especialy if they look at those thing which are bad in WoT and they make it better.
P.S. Adding Co-op missions like in War Thunder would be awesome :D

pt91twardy #59 Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 20914 battles
  • [-A_C-] -A_C-
Gaijin and WG created a games for a different playerbase, and that can be seen in both air forces games. WT is more realism based, WoWP is more arcade style. Now its up tp You, Player, to choose what you like: fire at plane until health bar drops to 0 (WoWP) or oneshot ,or being oneshoted by , sometimes 5 (yes, 5), tiers lower plane?

I hope that with groung forces it will be the same, more realistic games in WT, arcade FPS with tanks on WoT. And thats good, both games will struggle to get more players by offering a new game modes, promotional offers etc. And for us, as customers, its ideal situation.

WoT came out as a niche game, with no real competition, so no wonder devs stopped caring after they earned enough. They put in new stuff just to keep players in, but dont need fo fight for us, they know there is no other game which will offer similar gameplay. After the realese of GF on WT they will notice maybe not a drop in players but probably decresed income from the game. And that will force them to acctually start to care...

Personally i dont know if i will move or stay, but i will try both games and choose better for me. So far i know that when it comes to planes there is just WT, with WoWP being way behind, But tanks are a different story, so time will show...

_Knight_Commander_Pask_ #60 Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3771 battles
  • [READ] READ
Well, I heard that the damage model is going to work along the same lines as the one in Men of War, which I really liked. I reckon that if the Tanks end up just as polished as the Planes then it's gonna be one hell of a game. Oh, and as for Russian bias I play RAF all day every day in HB, never have to face a single Russian plane ever.
One thing I do dearly hope that they implement tank-only battles, planes would be like arty but far, far worse. Plus I don't think my poor old PC could handle the gigantic maps needed for planes to work properly at ground level!

Edited by _Knight_Commander_Pask_, 03 August 2013 - 02:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users