Why Do Players Judge Other By Their Stats?

Stats

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

Poll: What does status mean to you? (122 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Status shows what for you?

1. Everything about the player (30 votes [24.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.59%

2. Just what tanks he/she has/had (10 votes [8.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.20%

3. Status shows nothing about the player (11 votes [9.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.02%

4. Show the players skills in battle (62 votes [50.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.82%

5. Other (9 votes [7.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.38%

Vote Hide poll

supersebbe96 #1 Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16989 battles
  • [KRPK] KRPK
In many battles i have played, alot of players on both teams judge me and others by their stats. I dont think this is fair, if we had a bad day and just suck that battle. What do you think about this? thats why i made this poll. Please be honest.

Thanks in advance

Coke #2 Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16033 battles
If you just had a bad day and sucked for that battle, your stats (if half decent) would show that.
If you sucked in a battle and your stats also suck, there's something more to it than just having a bad day...

soiomooono #3 Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12772 battles
  • [KRPK] KRPK
I think its wrong.
You should not judge people by their stats...
it shows nothing of the skills a player has in battle.
only what he or she has done so far.

olukej #4 Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 100 battles

View Postsoiomooono, on 01 June 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I think its wrong.
You should not judge people by their stats...
it shows nothing of the skills a player has in battle.
only what he or she has done so far.

While technically true, the chances that your average 45% winrate player suddenly turns unicum in this game are quite slim.

typhaon #5 Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles
You also have to take the total number of battles into consideration... a T6 player with about 1k battles and bad stats just has to learn the game more... a player with 10k battles and bad stats simply sucked for 10k battles.

I use XVM after the battle and do not adapt my playstyle in any way because of my mates's or enemies's stats... but more than often exceptionally bad stats have proven right...

Turbotube #6 Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12805 battles
Do you mean stats in one battle or overall account stats?

Overall if you are a good player, you will have good stats. If you are a bad player, you will have bad stats. There isn't a bad player with good stats or vice versa.

However in one battle, even a bad player can get lucky and have good game.

no_name_cro #7 Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18939 battles
I don't think that stats are important. I have seen so much unicum teams runned over by average players. But thats not important - It bugs me the most is arrogance of these great players! No one is willing to tell the player that he is doing it wrong and tell them to at least visit forum or WOTwiki. And you know that learning curve for WOT is rather hard.

Coke #8 Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16033 battles
I don't actually use the XVM stats.
The only times I look up people's when I have encountered a particularly awful player who has riled me, or player's who start mouthing off at team mates calling them noobs etc. on the vast majority of occasions both have similarly bad stats.

HighQuality11 #9 Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8412 battles
  • [7PDWH] 7PDWH
I hate those players too who judge me by my stats, I really don't care, I play for fun, but this is really unfair, I know how u feel...

olukej #10 Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 100 battles

View PostHighQuality11, on 01 June 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

I hate those players too who judge me by my stats, I really don't care, I play for fun, but this is really unfair, I know how u feel...

Where is the fun in losing most of your games, missing half your shots, penetrating no more than twice in a game and surviving 15% of your games with, I guess, a life expectancy of about 2 minutes at best?
Stop lying to yourself, you're not playing for fun, else you'd at least try to actually play the game instead of doing nothing at all. You're simply bad, not willing to learn anything and tailored your definition of fun around your poor performances to convince yourself it wasn't that bad.

Edited by olukej, 01 June 2013 - 01:47 PM.

PanzyBattalion #11 Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10888 battles
A lot of battles and good stats = Good player.
A lot of battles and average stats = Average player.
A lot of battles and bad stats = Bad player.

It is that simples.

View Postolukej, on 01 June 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Where is the fun in losing most of your games, missing half your shots, penetrating no more than twice in a game and surviving 15% of your games with, I guess, a life expectancy of about 2 minutes at best?
Stop lying to yourself, you're not playing for fun, else you'd at least try to actually play the game instead of doing nothing at all. You're simply bad, not willing to learn anything and tailored your definition of fun around your poor performances to convince yourself it wasn't that bad.

I'd love to give you a +1 and more but I'm out of =1's D:

HighFlyer15 #12 Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20356 battles
  • [INC] INC

View Postolukej, on 01 June 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

As much as it might hurt to hear, this is pretty much true.
You CAN have fun just fooling around, but when does it stop being fun? How many battles in a row, where you basicly do nothing to help the team, does it take before you go "well it's about time we start taking this serious, just a little bit."?

There's a room for everyone and if there wasn't, then all the "Oh mah gawd, look at mah 15 kill game" players would have nothing to brag about, since there'd never be any of those games.
People should allowed to have fun, but please remember that some people have fun, while winning, while playing to their best ability and you can be a deciding factor in ruining someone else's fun by just "having fun" driving around like a mad man, suiciding.

BUT that still doesn't mean anyone should be "allowed" to call you names without receiving a complaint from the players on your team.

Ronineter #13 Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18024 battles
  • [READ] READ
Stats say something about That THE player uses his Brain to play And does everything to make THE team win.

But thats not always true, I met a good player in a tier 9 TD who hated arties And just suisided because of That.

About THE fun part, I find it more fun to win THE game for my team than being a headless chicken That does nothing.(That gets boring to fast unless Youre driving pz 1 C)

so basically I play for fun.

OmaiGodman #14 Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7561 battles
  • [KIWF] KIWF
I only judge people by whether they start the match speaking English or any other language. If they start speaking Orkish (anything but English) I automatically assume they're idiots.

Eokokok #15 Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18196 battles
If you have low WR and kill enemy every 2 games you are just bad, deal with it.

SirWili #16 Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25830 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View Postsupersebbe96, on 01 June 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

In many battles i have played, alot of players on both teams judge me and others by their stats. I dont think this is fair, if we had a bad day and just suck that battle. What do you think about this? thats why i made this poll. Please be honest.

Thanks in advance
Edit: forgot to mention, I voted for show the players skill in battle. ( I would say that its a fact after high amount of games, maybe 5k or more.)

Some players seem to have more bad days than others if you know what I mean. I use xwm with wn. WN rating, with players who have a high amount of battles, can be used as an indicator to predict the players abilities in the fight. I use also the tank based winrate to see which players are threats and who are prey.

I dont care if they are really bad players or just having fun, if their stats are bad i assume that they are easy targets who usually dont have a lot of knowledge, skill or interest in teamplay.

Im not judging persons by his stats, language or whatknot, but I´m ranking PLAYERS by their stats.

If I see a player who is fighting against me with WN rating less than 600 I usually just rush him counting that he doesnt have the skill to master his tank in facehugging or circling fight. With players with a lot of games ( more than 8k) and WN rating under 1000 I usually do the same but with a bit more care. With 1000-1200 WN I want to see how they fight before going in and players above 1200 wn rating I take seriously. Unicums will get allways prem ammo from me.

So WN rating guides my behavior in the battlefield. It also affects how much I trust a player in our team, I try to cover and help mid wn rating players more than extremely low and high rating players.

I give feedback to players who do exceptional well and to players who do exceptional bad in the fight, usually the first ones are the players with good stats and the later the players with bad stats. Not allways, but usually.

Maybe Im too focused in winning, maybe Im not. I enjoy a good fight even if we lose but if we lose because of some player who doesnt use minimap or listen to advices in the chat then I might comment his performance in negative manner. Usually I dont comment a players stats, only if someone starts noobing or flaming in chat I might remind him that he has worst stats in our team if thats true.

My personal winrate while soloing is between 53-54% ( with some tanks I could get it up to about 60%, while some tanks I couldnt get it over 50%) It was very hard to get it higher than that before I started to platoon. Now it has been closer to 60% for the last 3k battles. I have platooned lately about 80% of my games. 1/3 of those with beginners or players with less than 600 wn. 2/3 of them with players with +1400 wn. With beginners the winrate is around 55%, with experienced players between 65-75%.

Edit: please comment my answer and tell me why stats dont show players skill?

Edited by SirWili, 03 June 2013 - 11:15 AM.

Ronineter #17 Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18024 battles
  • [READ] READ

View PostOmaiGodman, on 03 June 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

I only judge people by whether they start the match speaking English or any other language. If they start speaking Orkish (anything but English) I automatically assume they're idiots.
but not everyone can speak english like US dutchies as second langauge. Left alone That they have a thirt langauge like me with german. So judging people by That is unfair.

gialege #18 Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40662 battles
-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOB
-WHY?
-BECAUSE THE STATS SAYING THAT YOU ARE ONE.
-BUT I HAVE NOT START PLAYING YET, THE GAME HAS NOT STARTED YET AND I HAVE ALLREADY BEEN JUDGED...

Players that use the noob meter during the game, only to have the pleasure to tell and fill "ho ho ho i am  o good player you are a noooooob" like a little child infrond of a candy,is IDIOTIC, THEY ARE THE NOOBS NOT THE OTHER, AND THEY HAVE PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS OR A SMALL D..... IQ
Have you ever thing who might be the player that you are acuse or judge?
1) He might be my 6 years old son, that i let him play with spg or small tier tanks...
2) He might be a low IQ player trying to do something TRYING ( you now, not all people are as smart as you!!!! )
3) He might be a player that dit not start wot with premioums tanks, but playing only with 1-2-3-4 tier tanks until he starts to understand what wot is about.
4) ....
5).....
6)... 7).... 8)....  122)... 1893)...
a)USE YOUR NOOB METER DURING THE BATTLE SO YOU CAN PERFORM BETTER AND NOT JUST TO SEEM SMART TO OTHERS
b)I STARDET TO REPORT ALL THIS NOOB CALLERS SINCE I SAW ONE CALLING NAMES TO MY SON THAT HE WAS ONLY MISSED ONE SHOOT WITH THE RPG ( AT THAT GAME HE HAD DONE A 2900 DAMAGE DURING THE BATTLE)

Finally i have a question for you, all master players, I and my son have overall efficiency 843 we also have 1314 efficiency at the last 7 days and 1091 efficiency at the last 3492 battles... WHAT ARE WE? -NOOB, -GOOD OR -EXPERT?

SirWili #19 Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25830 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View Postgialege, on 03 June 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOB
-WHY?
-BECAUSE THE STATS SAYING THAT YOU ARE ONE.
-BUT I HAVE NOT START PLAYING YET, THE GAME HAS NOT STARTED YET AND I HAVE ALLREADY BEEN JUDGED...

Finally i have a question for you, all master players, I and my son have overall efficiency 843 we also have 1314 efficiency at the last 7 days and 1091 efficiency at the last 3492 battles... WHAT ARE WE? -NOOB, -GOOD OR -EXPERT?

please read my answer from two post above your post and answer to my question.

IMO you are  mediocre player who gets angry easily?

Edited by SirWili, 03 June 2013 - 11:38 AM.

PzOffz_Vollmilch #20 Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30358 battles
  • [GEREC] GEREC

View Postsupersebbe96, on 01 June 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

I dont think this is fair, if we had a bad day and just suck that battle.

According to your stats, you don´t just have one bad day and just suck in one battle, but you play below average in most of your 6k battles.So why should it be unfair to point this out?

Also tagged with Stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users