[Suggestion] Survived teammates on the losing side pay others repair costs

suggestion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote now (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you like the idea of forcing survived teammates paying your repair costs?

1. Yes (3 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

2. No (37 votes [92.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.50%

Vote Hide poll

Ethedor #1 Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28796 battles
Hi fellow players of World of Tanks!

I came up with an idea. An idea which will surely beneficial to everyone playing World of Tanks and for the sake of better gameplay.

Everyone had those games where half your team were at the left flank and the enemy was coming from the other flank. Your team kept moving forward instead of coming back to defend, and because of that losing the game. Or just some of those players who were camping somewhere on the map not even trying to help to defend or at least capturing the enemy base. But the best is when i was going back to defend base and i see a player running from base... I f***ing shoot those traitors dooown :D

Now these players i think they do this because of the repair costs very high so they try not to die therefore making a lost game profitable.

My suggestion is the follows:
Every tank which survives the game on the losing side will pay the dead teammates repair costs from the profit he made ([all the credits made from the game] - [repair cost of his tank+ammo+consumables] - [and anything left which would make this game profitable for him would goes to all of his dead players who gave their lives to win the game] = 0 profit)

This would go on all the game types, every tiers, any type of tanks even spgs no exeption. This way it will be no more profitable to stay alive in a losing game therefore they would be forced to do anything to win the game. Maybe also giving penalty to their experience gain as well.

I think the game would be much more enjoyable for everyone, and more objective oriented.

Leave other suggestions below...

Arkhell #2 Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
how about no?

If i'm alive at the end of the battle that doesn't mean i wasn't pulling my weight, it means I was doing my job on my side of the map with 2 other tanks and the other 12 lemmings got themselves killed and i CBA to drive back to the cap because i won't make it anyway.

i'm not paying for the other failers in my team sorry.

Edited by Arkhell, 04 June 2013 - 04:55 PM.

Turnipsi #3 Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12224 battles
  • [NOCHE] NOCHE
Why would I need to pay for other peoples failures?

If I am defending/pushing one flank against superior numbers (which happens a lot), Is it really my fault that the other flank failed to destroy their opposition?

Edited by Turnipsi, 04 June 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Ethedor #4 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28796 battles
but you can see that there is a need of help so you can drive back sooner to help
also slower tanks have defending roles anyways which are mostly tds

BatelGeuce #5 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27379 battles
  • [CSA-2] CSA-2
So, players who play the game with brain should pay repairs for players who don't use brain and die without doing anything ? Mate this is the worst suggestion I have ever seen. Players who survived/died without doing anything should give all their money to the players who survived/died but did something for team (that means that player with 0 dmg and 0 spot dmg should get nothing too).

BatelGeuce #6 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27379 battles
  • [CSA-2] CSA-2

View PostEthedor, on 04 June 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

but you can see that there is a need of help so you can drive back sooner to help

Yea, but usually these two tanks survive and these 13 players rushing the other side dies with 0 dmg.

punishersal #7 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Mēneša cilvēks, marts 2012

• Player
  • 17698 battles
We already have XP system giving players bots and AFK on winner side more XP than those who really fought on lost team.
Basically you suggestion means that if we see battle is going to be lost in few moments, we have to go drown ourselves or get killed to avoid paying other people repairs.

WAT? Like if we go and help flank which is being crushed, we have to make sure we are killed while helping or what?
Yeah like slow heavies got nothing better to do than pay even more repairs!

Edited by punishersal, 04 June 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Ethedor #8 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28796 battles

View PostTurnipsi, on 04 June 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Why would I need to pay for other peoples failures?

If I am defending/pushing one flank against superior numbers (which happens a lot), Is it really my fault that the other flank failed to destroy their opposition?

well there is statistically a fifty-fifty chance that you will win or lose a game so there is always a chance that you will be on the losing side... but sitting back and doing nothing will not do any good and you sir deserve to not get any goodies

Turnipsi #9 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12224 battles
  • [NOCHE] NOCHE

View PostEthedor, on 04 June 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

well there is statistically a fifty-fifty chance that you will win or lose a game so there is always a chance that you will be on the losing side... but sitting back and doing nothing will not do any good and you sir deserve to not get any goodies
So let me get this straight:
I deserve to be punished because I can't be omnipresent and also can't solo the entire enemy team?

Arkhell #10 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

depends on the tank i'm driving.

if i'm driving a medium tank with a decent gun good RoF and something sembeling armor i might even drive back.
If i'm driving a td or a heavy i won't even bother turning around because i won't make it anyway.
if i'm driving a medium with a crap gun or no armor what so ever (or a light tank) and there is no arty i will prolly not turn around either because trowing a pebble infront of an avalange won't stop the metric tons of stones comming down.

View PostEthedor, on 04 June 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

i strongly disagree with the 50/50% chance and i feel offended by that.

Edited by Arkhell, 04 June 2013 - 05:13 PM.

Ethedor #11 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28796 battles

View PostTurnipsi, on 04 June 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

So let me get this straight:
I deserve to be punished because I can't be omnipresent and also can't solo the entire enemy team?

yes thats right but at least you tried
it doesnt mean you wont get credits which can be used to pay your repairs and ammo back but you cannot get profit from staying alive

punishersal #12 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Mēneša cilvēks, marts 2012

• Player
  • 17698 battles

View PostEthedor, on 04 June 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

it doesnt mean you wont get credits which can be used to pay your repairs and ammo back but you cannot get profit from staying alive
Tell me now, would you like to see getting lots of credits taken away from you just because you managed to stay alive? Imagine that you made a lots of damage in battle while rest of team died but enemy is capping your base and you cant get back. In results you see -s**tload of credits because you apparently have to pay for other people repairs. Would you like to see that yourself?

Ethedor #13 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28796 battles

View PostArkhell, on 04 June 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

depends on the tank i'm driving.

if i'm driving a medium tank with a decent gun good RoF and something sembeling armor i might even drive back.
If i'm driving a td or a heavy i won't even bother turning around because i won't make it anyway.
if i'm driving a medium with a crap gun or no armor what so ever (or a light tank) and there is no arty i will prolly not turn around either because trowing a pebble infront of an avalange won't stop the metric tons of stones comming down.

well if you are with a heavy at the middle of the map dont tell me you cant see if the other side will fall and you cant reach back to defend
and tds are shooting from far away taking advantage of their frontal armor and not moving in the middle of the map where your flanks are threatened

i can understand the light tank-crap gun argument and i agree with it

View PostArkhell, on 04 June 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

i strongly disagree with the 50/50% chance and i feel offended by that.

well im sorry sir then its 61% - 39% chance to win or lose for you

Turnipsi #14 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12224 battles
  • [NOCHE] NOCHE

View PostEthedor, on 04 June 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

The whole point of staying alive is that you don't have to pay as much credits. Your idea would force me to suicide against impossible odds or drowning myself.

Of course I go back if i notice it early, but many times i find myself still battling with the enemy when the other flank has fallen.

Edited by Turnipsi, 04 June 2013 - 05:21 PM.

scafa #15 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14411 battles
OP appears to fail to recognize any other situation where the described system would kick in other than some camper hiding in a corner of the map.

A much more common problem is half your team dying in the first two minutes without dealing any damage. And the system would actually reward them.

Ethedor #16 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28796 battles

View Postpunishersal, on 04 June 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Tell me now, would you like to see getting lots of credits taken away from you just because you managed to stay alive? Imagine that you made a lots of damage in battle while rest of team died but enemy is capping your base and you cant get back. In results you see -s**tload of credits because you apparently have to pay for other people repairs. Would you like to see that yourself?

you will not lose any credits all your costs would be payed however no profits
i would agree to not get any profits if i failed to not see whats coming toward base and stayed alive because i couldnt get back in time i would totally agree with that i dont get any profits im sorry that mosts of you disagree

i lost many games where the score was the same 6 tanks against 6 and team did not go back to defend
what you all are talking about are 5-10% of the games not all the games where all your teammates dies in 2 mins these are rare occasions

Turnipsi #17 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12224 battles
  • [NOCHE] NOCHE

View PostEthedor, on 04 June 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

you will not lose any credits all your costs would be payed however no profits
i would agree to not get any profits if i failed to not see whats coming toward base and stayed alive because i couldnt get back in time i would totally agree with that i dont get any profits im sorry that mosts of you disagree

i lost many games where the score was the same 6 tanks against 6 and team did not go back to defend
what you all are talking about are 5-10% of the games not all the games where all your teammates dies in 2 mins these are rare occasions
I can see what kind of situations you are talking about, but implementing this system in the game in a fair manner would be too difficult, because of the different reasons this scenario might happen.

Edited by Turnipsi, 04 June 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Ethedor #18 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28796 battles

View Postscafa, on 04 June 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

OP appears to fail to recognize any other situation where the described system would kick in other than some camper hiding in a corner of the map.

A much more common problem is half your team dying in the first two minutes without dealing any damage. And the system would actually reward them.

yes they would be rewarded if you hide behind a rock or a tree

Ethedor #19 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28796 battles
this game is not for seeing your teammates die and then hiding the rest of the battle so you the only survivor gets more credits than others
srsly how the hell is that fair to those who really did their best however bad they are

im sick of this community

scafa #20 Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14411 battles

View PostEthedor, on 04 June 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

yes they would be rewarded if you hide behind a rock or a tree

No, they would be also rewarded when you murder your way through 10 enemies slowly enough that you fail to decap in time.

Edit: Currently you would be slightly rewarded for all the kills and damage dealt, but in your system all that would go to the muppets that failed to do anything.

Edited by scafa, 04 June 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Also tagged with suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users