t26e4 nerf

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

shooteros #1 Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
hello,

I bought t26e4 a year ago or something. And now they say they are gonna nerf it. When I sell I get 7200gold but I have bought camo fromgold can I get that back to?

sorry for my english

shooteros

Vilshofen #2 Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Camo is never refunded, no matter which tank you sell.

Tempra #3 Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Where does it say they're gonna nerf the Super Pershing ?

shooteros #4 Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
oke thx

the news at www.worldoftanks.eu

MTWEmperor #5 Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTempra, on 07 June 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Just do a quick forum search?  There's like a million topics going on about it.  The nerf isn't happening but they're removing the SP from the store and may fully refund it in the future.

saml6131 #6 Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTempra, on 07 June 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

It's not a "nerf" per say.

It's the historical remodelling of the upper and lower glacis plates. However, the change reduces the angle that they are currently at making them easier to penetrate (Although I never aim at the hull myself, I always go for the turret).

But everyone was complaining over it, they said that they wasn't going to do it, then they changed their mind multiple times. Eventually they said it will no longer be sold in the store and that it would have the change. But they're giving people a full refund for the tank.

As for the OP, you will not get the gold back from the camo. Don't whine about it though, you got to use the SuperPershing and all its benefits for a year and now you are getting the price you paid for it back.

gravelbelly #7 Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Well, they should do the same for the Type 59, now that they have set a precedent. They's removed it from store because it was too OP, so they can change it and refund those that want a refund, or is this type of change only for NON RED STAR Premiums?

Fediuld #8 Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Tbh I couldn't mind to get my Type 59 refunded. As it has become shit. I will get myself an IS6, which is the "Type" of 2011.

Danca #9 Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Type 59 as it is is actually still a good tank and moneymaker... however if they nerfed it some more - a refund would be a MUST! But nerfing its armor would mean also to nerf T-54 and possibly T-62A as it is based still on the similar  (or same?) platform - so it is unlikely to happen - I hope...

However I dont understand why they decided to do that to T26E4...? It was IMO quite balanced as it was... and the WG arrangements around it seem too radical to me...

Bastor #10 Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
WG said they will make sure to make the Super Pershing post-change and refund period overlap so that you can refund it if you do not like the future changes.

Source: http://ftr.wot-news....6/10/10-6-2013/

So you know...what-ever. If it isn't good even after the buff - we can just scrap it and grab a better tank for a bit of extra gold.

Edited by Bastor, 11 June 2013 - 11:41 AM.

GibMeister #11 Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Yes it sounds a fair deal, the SP is a poor tank anyway, suits me as I hate it, I only play it for credits, it rarely wins battles but as long as you damage a few targets it still makes money on losses.

It has too many weak points, especially that turret, everyone seems to be able to hit it! And being so slow you cant avoid arty.

WG have said the are looking at buffing the tank to make up for the loss in armour and the thread I read from a developer suggested they may increase the Guns Penetration, if they made it about 200 then it may make up for its current poor state and make it worth keeping, especially with the 8.6 accuracy buff, you may be able to actually hit and do some damage!

If you haven't played the SP its gun is a bit random to say the least, i have hit the cuppola of another SP at about 400m whilst driving with Vert Stab! Honest and I was aiming at it, honest! Some other times it misses when it should hit, a bit like the Marder 2 after the dispersion nerf. Even at point bank range it doesnt always go where it should, its weird and its deliberate! things dont happen by accident in computer games like WOT.

Anyway, WG have done the decent thing and will allow us to see if the new SP is worth keeping and if not we get 7200 gold back so you cant be fairer than that! Only problem is they know most of us that will sell the SP need a tier8 money maker so we will all shell out another 5K gold to buy an IS6 or whatever.... so its a good exercise all round for all of us!

Bastor #12 Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
^
As a side note I really love the Super Pershing.

As long as you move your gun up while reloading and to the side they won't pen your weak spots.

I've had games where I soak up 6-7k + dmg. and it does make a bunch of credits.

It's more of a Turreted TD than a medium or heavy for me. Its frontal armour is really good in 8.5 imho.

Edited by Bastor, 11 June 2013 - 02:01 PM.

eliocoric #13 Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
My opinion is that this nerf will not change SP very much... but Wg promised that they will never nerf premium tanks so this ability to sell it for 7200 gold is something like ... " We broke our promise so you can sell it for same amount of gold you bought it "...

I will sell it and add some more gold coins and get myself Fcm50t or T34....

JohnnyMaverik #14 Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I have to admit I made a bit of a mistake and bought it after I found out they were removing it from the store in the future because I'd always thought of it as a decent tank and I didn't want to miss out on it... it's not the best tank is it :P. Seriously though, I don't mind it, has it's obvious strengths and weaknesses but when I've had half decent teams I've done well, certainly don't think I could ever full on carry a game in it and would imagine even the genuinely good/great players would struggle there, it's just too slow and the penetration is too crap but when you get it hull down and have team mates capable of protecting your flanks for more than 10 seconds, it's pretty troll, had some fun with it although reading more into the whole matter I do look at those tier 8 heavies with some envy :P, might make a switch down the line if they will refund gold.

Edited by JohnnyMaverik, 12 June 2013 - 07:31 AM.

Danca #15 Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Posteliocoric, on 11 June 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

My opinion is that this nerf will not change SP very much... but Wg promised that they will never nerf premium tanks so this ability to sell it for 7200 gold is something like ... " We broke our promise so you can sell it for same amount of gold you bought it "...

I will sell it and add some more gold coins and get myself Fcm50t or T34....

Yes? I think they nerfed Type 59 several times (may be sometimes indirectly but anyway) and no refund was available ... last time they degraded the engine a bit (moved a tier down and reduced engine hit points)... etc. ...

Edit: The problem is that - there does not exist comparable vehicle in terms of playstyle / performance and price - so one has probably to pay some more credits   gold to get the alternative vehicle available... - which is imho a bit unfair

Edited by Danca, 12 June 2013 - 08:03 AM.

TimDogg #16 Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 0 battles
Please, all of you that don't like it, sell it.  :glasses:

BlueDust #17 Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
WG has announced that SuperPershing - standard premium tank - will be adjusted (with the opportunity to return golds) AND returned to the game. WG is announcing this idea in advance.
OK, I can't be sure if I am happy with new SP, but this step is - from WG side - the excellent precedent showing that it is possible to adjust premium tanks officially including the correct approach
towards players (.. the opportunity to return golds).

Dear WG, can you do the same also with Type 59?   Type 59 is missing in my collection of China tanks, and I want him too. Thank you, WG, in advance for your effort !!

Note: WG, you should have a lot of info needed for adjusting Type 59. Firstly from game data, secondly from historical resources about various versions of Type 59, e.g. ...
http://en.wikipedia..../wiki/Type_59   ... so, pls, solve not only premium SuperPershing, but also premium Type 59. Thanks.

GibMeister #18 Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Type 59 is a far superior tank compared to SP I would swap any day!

Bastor #19 Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
^ Have you played a Type? It DOES make more credits but it isn't better imho.
I've played it on my buddy's account and it feels like a stock WZ-120.
It isn't a bad tank by any stretch but it isn't the OP 'OMFG POWERHOUSER QQQ' everyone seems to think it is

Danca #20 Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Thats true type is not anything special anymore... However being a premium tank - its still well balanced tank and earns credits well and its fun to play...

I dont have much tier 8 meds - now playing Centurion 1 (top configuration) - completely different tank however - Type is better for me (3 perk skilled crew) ...
with Cent u need to work hard to be good... and u still lose credits ... with type u have fun, u earn and also win (sometime)...

T26E4 was good in some aspects - but simply different.

Who knows how 8.6 changes touch all the tanks ... I am afraid of the camo changes  - for example - when they reduce the bush camo effect... tanks w/o camo lose camo at all? ... etc.

I Dont get why they start to be "correct" when changing the SP ... when they had nerfed other tanks many times... w/o any refunds...