Not getting the kill

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

BlackDragon1032 #1 Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4275 battles
Hi all !

It's a couple of days now that I notice that I don't get the kills that I made.
I noticed it again yesterday, I killed a T-34 my crew said "target destroyed" and a teammate got the kill and I ended up with 1 kill and not 2  :sad:

RongoMatane #2 Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14941 battles
Happens due to latencies between the server and you.
Your client interpolates what happens - this means you could see something, that is not really happening in the game. Like when you lose connection shortly and move somehow, and after regaining the connection you "warp" somewhere else.
Your teammate just was quicker to shoot him, but your client didn't know this at the time you fired - but the server knew it.

I think you can find something in the forum/in the wiki about this matter, or just google for stuff like "client server synchronization mmo" or "lag", "ping"...i hope you get the idea ;)

Edited by RongoMatane, 12 June 2013 - 09:14 AM.

LawL4Ever #3 Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8323 battles
  • [KUC] KUC
Replay would help analyzing it (Settings -> "Enable Battle Recording", the replays are then found in the "replays" subfolder of your WoT folder). It might just be some misleading crew voices (for example "We've got them" does not mean "We've killed them", there's some very similar phrase that plays at a kill however). In order to be sure that you actually should have been granted the kill, check the lower right corner, if it sais "Username (Tank) was destroyed" you have made the kill, and if that doesn't show up, well, it's probably a bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users