Clan Wars Guide Questionnaire

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan Wars Guide Questionnaire (203 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you play Clan Wars?

1. Yes. (170 votes [83.74%])

Percentage of vote: 83.74%

2. No, but I would like to. (27 votes [13.30%])

Percentage of vote: 13.30%

3. No, I’m not interested. (6 votes [2.96%])

Percentage of vote: 2.96%

Do you know there is a Clan Wars Guide?

1. Yes. (171 votes [84.24%])

Percentage of vote: 84.24%

2. No, I didn’t know there was such a guide. (32 votes [15.76%])

Percentage of vote: 15.76%

Is the Guide easy to search for information?

1. Yes, the structure is easy and I find everything I need fast. (97 votes [47.78%])

Percentage of vote: 47.78%

2. No, it’s too complicated and multi-layered. Takes time to find anything. (106 votes [52.22%])

Percentage of vote: 52.22%

Does the Guide cover all the topics of your interest?

1. Yes, it contains everything I need. (31 votes [15.27%])

Percentage of vote: 15.27%

2. Not quite. I’d prefer more information on some topics. (139 votes [68.47%])

Percentage of vote: 68.47%

3. No, it contains very little information. (33 votes [16.26%])

Percentage of vote: 16.26%

Is the information in the Guide easy to understand?

1. Yes, it’s very clear and with plenty detail. (127 votes [62.56%])

Percentage of vote: 62.56%

2. No, it’s too complicated. (76 votes [37.44%])

Percentage of vote: 37.44%

What should be improved or added to the Guide?

1. More information on clan management. (62 votes [30.54%])

Percentage of vote: 30.54%

2. More information on battles in the client. (54 votes [26.60%])

Percentage of vote: 26.60%

3. More details about tactics and strategic in-game possibilities. (66 votes [32.51%])

Percentage of vote: 32.51%

4. More explicit screenshots. (21 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

In what language do you read the Guide?

1. English. (181 votes [89.16%])

Percentage of vote: 89.16%

2. My native language. (22 votes [10.84%])

Percentage of vote: 10.84%

Why do you read the Guide in English?

1. It is my native language/I’m fluent in English. (116 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. The Guide is not available in my language. (58 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. The Clan in my language is poorly done. (12 votes [5.91%])

Percentage of vote: 5.91%

4. I read the guide in my native language. (17 votes [8.37%])

Percentage of vote: 8.37%

How would you rate the quality of the localization into your native language?

1. Good. (98 votes [48.28%])

Percentage of vote: 48.28%

2. Poor. (105 votes [51.72%])

Percentage of vote: 51.72%

How would you rate the quality of the Clan Wars Guide in general?

1. Good. (114 votes [56.16%])

Percentage of vote: 56.16%

2. Poor. (89 votes [43.84%])

Percentage of vote: 43.84%

Vote Hide poll

Tuccy #1 Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Czech Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 14487 battles
  • [WG] WG
Hello! Please take this short survey to help us improve our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us!

st0rmshadow #2 Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 28361 battles
  • [-DD-] -DD-
To improve the service, don´t give wrong informations to us Tuccy ->http://forum.worldof...campaign-rules/

iSoL8R #3 Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47861 battles

View Postst0rmshadow, on 17 June 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

To improve the service, don´t give wrong informations to us Tuccy -> http://forum.worldof...campaign-rules/

exactly

Gnomus #4 Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34526 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET
Questionaire was not well done. For example:

Q: Is the information in the Guide esy to understand?
A1: Yes, it's very clear and with plenty of detail.
A2: No, it's too complicated.

Guide is clear, but does not have plenty of details. It lack some of important details like when battles are related to time zones, how encounter between timezones affect areas etc. Guide has basic information, and in that it's good, but it's not plenty or exhaustive.

There's two things we would need:

1. Actually opened up CW mechanics so we don't have to try out things to see how they work. Like which base is chosen for your team, which map is used on encounter etc. Why this kind of information is not freely given?

2. The most important thing: Patchnotes, patchnotes and some more patchnotes!!! When ever there are changes in CW we are lucky to get some information from WG few days or weeks after patch is active on game. This is unacceptable. Information, and I mean actual information how things are working, not just some vague note about things that might change somehow, has to be available several days in advance. Major changes like riots or tank freeze should have been known few weeks in advance, not so that one day server is down and then changes are active and no information about how they work is available anywhere.

And then I could add 3. but it's not CW specific but still much needed in CW. A proper clan log showing where clan gold has gone, who have left the clan and if possible some automatic archive on battles and who were present in battles. Doing all this as handwork is lot of work when it all could be automatic.

I_Manth #5 Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33193 battles
  • [SN_RO] SN_RO
Something went wrong with question 8 (Why do you read the Guide in English?), answer 3 (The Clan in my language is poorly done).

Anyway, in the hope that someone from wargaming is actually reading this topic and able to answer the following questions I repost them here:

I have absolutely no clue which battles count for what, if they count for anything at all. WG can we please get an answer?
During the 'division of the world' thing, do those battles count, and if so for what? The first stage? The entire campaign but not a specific stage? And how about technical victories against NPC's, or clans that just didn't show for the fight?

And what about battles after the 'redivision of the world'? How about technical victories during that stage? Do they count? And if so, for what? Only the stage? The campaign only? Or do they count for both?

If you are not willing to answer these questions please provide something where we can check how many battles we have, as wontcachme suggested, and for what they count: stage, campaign or both.

Edited by I_Manth, 17 June 2013 - 01:12 PM.

Fayeed #6 Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22120 battles
  • [DURKA] DURKA
No, I didn’t know there was such a guide.     If i answer No to this..... how do i then answer the rest of the questions??

PrivateSpareParts #7 Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13032 battles
You need to allow muliti choice with "What should be improved or added to the Guide?"

There are many areas that need improvment. Like explaining what the agendt and spy/counter spy costs are.
What happens if land is not connected with HQ
What happens if you loss the HQ
Better expliantions of encount battles and how counter battles work.
More details on the chip movements and restrictions.

incurably #8 Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 41690 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
the clanwars guide in itself is not very visible tbh also not very good imo

most points of interest will be found out by trial and error
even with having read the guide that is the case

there are also some points that if you encounter them you cant explain and neither will the CW guide

e.g. encounetr battles on a province lock said province 1 turn before you would normally be able to attack it

also on the question "How would you rate the quality of the localization into your native language?" i put in good even tough i have never played the game in anything but the english language and most internationally oiented palyers prolly do the same so that point in the poll can be disregarded imo as the forum population that votes here will mostly use the english client (i guess)

poll in general seems to exclude some possibilities like nicely written guide with no noteworthy content .....

last point and i know trying to beat a dead horse vigoriously enough will not bring it back to live but the information politics on our server are/were so bad (for quite some time) that even if the EUteam will give us the best info at the earliest  people will be bashing you quite a bit because they still remember how it is/was

on top of all of this
i would like one question answered ... which CW are you refering to the campaign or the normal mode ... because i cant imagen many people complaining about not knowing whats going on in normal mode
you have called the campaign and conquest clanwars so there is no distiction for me here .. depending in this the answers could be different

Edited by incurably, 17 June 2013 - 02:45 PM.

von_chom #9 Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17146 battles
  • [_CALM] _CALM
best will be to do flash based CW map tutorial where one will be able to move few chips and other things.

you can write thousands words about it, but untill you actualy try it its useless.

bitza121 #10 Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44259 battles
  • [SMS_] SMS_
actually getting started is very complicated and not east to understand, i think a tier based location system would be better ie: lower gold locations = lower tier tanks with an upper limit, so a tier 4 territory can have level 1,2,3 or 4 tier defend or attack it only, this would open up clan wars to a lot more players/clans. Landing locations being tier 2 or 3 and the tier level and gold benefits increasing as you push into the interior, clans and commanders would have to have a well rounded force and players would have to have a greater range of tanks available. Manouvering of lower tier tanks through higher tier territory's would be a very tactical decision as they would be eligible to fight and moving higher tier tanks through lower tier territory's would leave you under gunned as they would not be eligible to fight. i believe this would create a whole new concept in game play and open clan wars up to every clan in w.o.t.

SinSorrow #11 Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24203 battles
  • [10K] 10K
Badly done.
I can answer only to some questions.
Do you play Clan wars:
- yes

Do I know there is a Clan Wars Guide:
-yes

I have not read it. So really hard to answer after that.
And I read everything in english, if it is related to WoT. I dont use localisations anymore. I tryed the game in my native lanquake (Finnish), but switched it to english after an hour. (Just cannot imagine to play any game in Finnish. English is the lanquake of gaming world)

Really badly done question sheet imo. Not any viable options and cannot even left unanswered. So maybe an option "no clue", "no opinnion" or " not enough experience to say" etc as an option if all must be answered.

Next time, better sheet and I will be happy to answer =)

SinSorrow
EU

clanmcwood #12 Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22170 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-
The guide is poor and requires updating as it still quoting tier 8 arty locking not tier 10. 2 patches ago guys, seriously do you guys do ANY work?

I really hope your on rubbish money as the teams in charge of information are a constant source of FAIL, their manager needs the sack fast as someone who actually cares about doing the job employed, say the guy that runs it in the NA server forum would be a start as they get all the information ahead of us.

Although I will add they have not updated their guide yet.

Jackofall #13 Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29829 battles
  • [A-P6] A-P6
Poor questions. Things are not either Good/Bad. There is also neutral/neither.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users