Historical battles...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

ZIL_44 #1 Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12905 battles
Hi, i need to create a presentation of WW2. I decided to input all historical battles. So i found some material but all that is too long for a 1 or 2 slides... So could somebody just  write here about that battles but just enough for a single slide or two... Thanks in advance.....

profes79 #2 Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 20107 battles
  • [FENOM] FENOM
What U mean by "historical battles"? WW2 lasted for 6 years; there is plenty of material to create presentation and some of battles can be a presentation on their own...Do you have anything more specific on mind?

gonsi #3 Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 9721 battles
Are you asking for someone to do work for you? Good luck.

smudo1 #4 Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19530 battles
  • [PWNY] PWNY
What kind of information exactly do you need? Would you rather like to say something about the tactics during battles in WW2 or would you rather talk about the technical features used? Would you prefer to focus on tank-warfare or include all branches of service? And there'd be a couple more questions leading on from here, so in short we need a bit more info to help you  :smile:

typhaon #5 Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles
Just do your homework on your own like everybody else...

ZIL_44 #6 Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12905 battles
First of all it isnt a homework or something like that... It is my will to create a presentation and typhaon if you dont wanna help just go... I would like to to know some tactics of both sides(USSR and Germany). I mean i dont want to make a big presentation just something interesting is what i need. What i know.... Could be good to help me about Road to Berlin, Battle for Stalingrad, The fall of France and one battle that you think that a presentation of WW2 should have. About tanks, planes, ships and other technical things i can do alone. I mean i play WoT and WoW(world of warplanes) so i learned something and i have no prob for that. Smudo1 thanks for your will to help me. You are not noobs like others... Thanks in advance....

Edited by ZIL_44, 17 June 2013 - 05:42 PM.

profes79 #7 Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 20107 battles
  • [FENOM] FENOM
I do not know where are U from - some materials are easy to obtain in some countries while some might be hard to find and those available might be at least not to be trusted. I would rather concentrate on one, specific battle or operation as covering all those mentioned by you would take a good few hours lecture just to briefly describe events, not to mention some deeper insight into tactics, weapons and political situation.

Tactics evolved during war - Red Army in 1941 was different from this in 1942 not to mention 1944. The same applies to every army of war - german, american, british...Only evolution of combat doctrine of one army is topic for ph.d :)

In my opinion on western fronts there were two significant events, although they are not very vell known and due to their secific they might be interesting even for those with knowledge in history:

Assault on Eben Emael forts (1940) - first large-scale airborne operation to capture belgium forts guarding bridges on Alberta Canal
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Eben_Emael

Dieppe Raid (1942) - very strange operation; some thinks this was an attempt to create a second front in Europe; others claims, that Churchill just wanted to show Stalin, that invasion is yet not possible. Nevertheless beaches of Dieppe were area of heavy fighting by Canadian and British troops.

There were of course more important events on western front - but Battle of the Bulge or Market-Garden are really well described and well known to many people.

On Eastern front - well, Siege of Sevastopol seems to be interesting
http://en.wikipedia....pol_(1941–1942)

as well as my personal favourite - Hube`s Pockett when encircled Geeman 1st Panzer Army formed moving cauldron and broke from encirclement.
http://en.wikipedia....Hube.27s_Pocket

ZIL_44 #8 Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12905 battles
Thanks profes79. It is hard to find some good and trusted materials in Bosnia and Herzegowina...  :sceptic:  I read about some battles and its very good but its too long... Concertration on one inst a bad idea but i would like to have more than one battle. Those battle i will put in. I need from all those battles a short version... Enough for one or two slides. At least 5 battle i want to describe.... :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users