Can you change your settings when the game doesn't want to activate

Bugs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

TheFineTank #1 Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1009 battles
Anyone reading this i am having a problem that when i try to activate my game the screen of my computer starts to flash and it cant load the game.
This has been happening since i try to activate the full-screen option and i'm asking if anybody knows any way of changing the game options without actually
activating the game.

Thanks for your time
The Fine Tank...

Shegzor #2 Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23555 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
-Click the Start button ---> Run (if windows XP) or just type into the searchbar (if Vista or later) ---> %appdata% (together with the % signs)
-Find a folder named Wargaming
-Inside is a folder named World_Of_Tanks (or something to that effect) ---> open it up
-Inside is a file called "Settings.xml" (or something like that) ---> open it with Notepad
-Inside that you will find all your settings (and even some you can't set from the game, like pixel shader version). Play around with them until you get the game to work.

Hope it helps.

Togg #3 Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18541 battles
Exactly the thing I was thinking about when I read the thread title. In addition to what Shegzor suggested, try renaming the file and the game should start with default configuration due to not finding a config... I hope. Worst case you can always give it the old name back. But when dealing with these things I typically recommend to copy the original and then tinker with the file.

Also tagged with Bugs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users